The Fox and the Hound

The Fox and the Hound

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Relive Walt Disney's 24th full-length animated feature in this beautiful, hardcover, 96-page classic storybook that accurately captures the movie magic and places it right into a child's hands. With every turn of a page, adventure unfolds to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Published February 10th 1994 by Mouse Works (first published 1981)

Apribbernow
“Fox and the Hound” by Walt Disney Company is about a friendship between a lost fox who is found by an old lady who lives in the middle of the woods near on older gentlemen who is constantly hunting, trapping, and fishing and his newly begotten hunting hound. The fox and the hound are constantly running around together causing trouble and having a blast. The friendship is put through many tests such as time, intervention by the owner of the hound, and differences in culture (hound is generally u...more
Natalie
Following the okayish The Rescuers the next movie to come out was The Fox and the Hound.

This one is not interesting. This is just being cute and nothing else. But it does use its cuteness to its advantage in the rest of the story. Which is mostly about Todd and Cooper's friendship being tested since they are placed in a situation when they are forced to be enemies.

Being cute is fine but the problem with the book and the movie is that its entirely forgetful and there's nothing memorable about it....more
Lori
this was a favorite book of mine as a child. I must have worn the poor thing as much as I can remember reading it. The copy we had also had an audio tape with it which we loved.

It's about a fox and a hound who become friends. Very cute story.
It's a great book to read along with your kids and also teaches them a lesson about friendship.
Amira
another of my favourite favourite books. one i have read over and over again. the cartoon is one of the first feature cartoons i watched as a child. so beautiful, i can still hear the voices of tod and copper and big mama. today's cartoons are incomparable to the old treasures.
Noah
Run run the little fox was doing. Running away from an angry guard dog chasing her away from the farm.

This book was ok but i didnt really like. I think thats because i dont like farry tailes that much.

I would reccomend this book to people who like fairy tales.
Jaime Contreras
This was a sweet and simple rendition of the Disney movie. Nothing great but the two character's friendship is so touching. This is one of my son's favorite books and movies.
Sharon
These Disney books are really too long for bedtime reading. A lot of the hunting scenes are glossed over when we read it.
Jenny U
I love this movie! Cute book for the movie. I read it to my elementary school children at the school I work for!
Sally
Another wonderful book-of-the-film. Gorgeously illustrated hardcover. Always makes me cry.
Kait
OH MY GOD!!!! I got thhis at my library once whan I was little it was a tape though!! :0)
Alisha
It has to be my favourite childhood story of all time. (:
Kristen Jaques
This brought tears to my eyes. Just saying.
Theresa
retelling of the movie with movie stills
Kenneth Flores
OPne of the best friendship stories ever!
Herr Lemmy
Herr Lemmy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Galina Badalova
Galina Badalova marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Shona Eastlick
Shona Eastlick marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Santa Paws (Santa Paws, #1)
  • Clifford Goes to Hollywood
  • The Night Before the Night Before Christmas
  • Flap Your Wings
  • What Do You Do With a Kangaroo?
  • If Only I Had a Green Nose
  • The First Day of Winter
  • Baby Beluga
  • The Greedy Python
  • Froggy Plays T-ball
  • Wee Gillis
  • Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree (Little Golden Books)
  • The Piggy in the Puddle
  • Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success
  • Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z
  • The Magic School Bus Hops Home: A Book About Animal Habitats
  • The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan
  • Five Minutes' Peace
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,...more
More about Walt Disney Company...
Peter Pan (A Little Golden Book) Dumbo Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Little Golden Book) Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too Beauty and the Beast