One Piece 3 - Don't get fooled again (One Piece)

One Piece 3 - Don't get fooled again (One Piece #3)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  2,849 ratings  ·  55 reviews
The super-powered pirate showdown continues, with Monkey D. Luffy's rubbery limbs tested to their limit against the fiendish Captain Buggy's Chop-Chop powers. Worse, Captain Buggy reveals an unexpected connection between himself and Luffy's long-lost hero, Captain "Red-Haired" Shanks. Meanwhile, Luffy and his tiny crew must endure the Trial of the Forest on a remote jungle...more
Library Binding, 208 pages
Published December 15th 2007 (first published June 4th 1998)

James Venkatrao
This book goes under 'A comic' on my bingo board
Once again Luffy has to complete one of his journeys of many for his goal of reaching the grand line and being 'the pirates of pirates'.
One Piece is a Japanese comic which continues the storyline of the series every book.
In this journey Luffy, Zolo, and Nami, (the gang) have to continue their battle with Buggy the Clown, who can detach his limbs from his body making it a hard challenge to defeat him. Many of the pirates respect him as he is undefea...more
Nba Fan 2000
Jul 31, 2011 Nba Fan 2000 rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sai thomas codeprovider
THIS BOOK IS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...more
Nalani Brown
One of the themes of this series is difference of respect and treasure.
In the beginning Luffy respects Shanks for him being a pirate, and having great adventures, but by the end of the book Luffy respects him for a different reason. Luffy starts to respect him for having moral, and trying to save his life, not for treasure or glory, but for friendship is when Luffy gets over the worldly outlook of things, and starts looking to the personal outlook.
In the series there is a character called “Buggy...more
Candyce
Caroline
This is picking up as it goes along. Also, you know, pirates.
Lisa
All the one piece books are great! READ THEEEM!
LAnn
Slowly, as I get through each volume of One Piece, I find myself wanting to give it a four, but having each volume not quite earn it. There's just certain things in each volume that keep me from giving it another star ahead.

Volume three continues the trend of Luffy solving other people's problems. He just can't keep his nose out of other people's business. Oda also hands out past stories like they're candy or something. I'm not entirely thrilled with either of these. What I do enjoy about the pl...more
Sesotheman With
dear luffy

I like the way u never give up in a fight. I like that youre not a quiter.Itwas cool when u fought buggy the clown but zoro is cool too
and why does he like blades so much. and zoro cant die whats his problem.i dont like that guy usopp he lies to much and he gets beat up a lot.now back to u luffy why did u eat the gum gum fruit so u can become strechy and why do u like that straw hat is it warm in there.dont u get hungry when u are in the sea. Do u get to meet new pepole like nammi sh...more
Ottery StCatchpole
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I just reviewed this on my blog.
To view the full review and other reviews, click here One Piece Volume 3 by Eiichiro Oda

I know that many people have heard of this series, it's one of the most popular manga's and anime's these days. I'd be really shocked if someone who's a manga fan, hasn't heard of this series yet.

I requested this book over three months ago, I could have read the scans online, but I don't like doing that unless I can't find the print copies of the manga anywhere or if I want to...more
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno...more
Patricia BookExhibitionism
I'm not really interested in reviewing this series, but I want to have a recap for myself, in case I'm searching for a specific scene in the future, which is why I actually plan to reread the whole series in 2012.

- End of the Buggy-story, story about the guy who watched empty treasure boxes for 20 years (this, like the scene with the boy in Volume 1 and the dog in Volume 2 proves how fairly intelligent Luffy is when it comes to emotions and underlying tensions)
- Introduction of Ussop (The Boy W...more
Nathan Herald
book 181 of 1000

Luffy manages to defeat Buggy, but not before discovering Buggy's connection to a childhood idol of Luffy's. Finally convincing Nami to join their party, Luffy, Zolo and Nami travel to a new island, where they meet Usopp, a master of the slingshot and inveterate liar and coward. Usopp spends his days stirring up trouble with the townsfolk, and telling stories to the pretty young woman who lives alone with her butler. When Usopp discovers a terrible secret that will affect the en...more
Jeffrey
This volume resolves (for now?) the Captain Buggy arc, gives a short interim story which features some nice character development for Luffy, and commences the Usopp arc. In general, it remains silly, but with a good heart and well told, even if it is predictable.

One of the things I'm enjoying about [u]One Piece[/u] is the use of the insert pages to provide early design sketches and storyboards for the story. These little inserts reveal a lot about Eiichiro Oda's style and thought process. There...more
Gorfo
(view spoiler)...more
Peter Wright
Luffy is in the middle of his battle with Buggy when he finds that he also needs to protect Nami because she is trying to steal Buggy's loot. While fighting Luffy finds out that Buggy and Shanks were on the same ship years ago when Buggy ate the Chop-Chop fruit. The devil fruit that allows one to split their body. Luffy is able to trip Buggy from time to time because Buggy's fatal flaw is that he always leaves part of his body on the ground where luffy is able to kick and punch it. I recommend t...more
Tomoya Sugiyama
-viz media,SUPOKEN JUMP,RL?
-65min.
-7words
Luffy,Devil-Fruit,dream,king,pirate,Japanese,Manga
-question
1.Have you ever read it in English or Japanese? -(yes)What do you think?/(No)Do you want to it?
A.Of couse yes! I like it, but it was first time to read it in English.

2.Do you want to eat devil-fruit? -Why?/Why not?
A.I'd like to eat, because I can get special power!!

I read it in English at the first time. It was more difficult than I thought. However, I could read with enjoying!!
Robert Beveridge
Eiichiro Oda, One Piece: Don't Get Fooled Again (ViZ, 1997)

The conclusion of the Buggy the Clown thread, and the crew's first meeting with Usopp the Liar. Usopp's village has been inured tot he idea of pirates attacking them through Usopp's lies, so when pirates really are about to attack the town in order to Usopp's girlfriend's fortune, it's up to Usopp, with Luffy's and Usopp's crews helping out, to save the town. This is a setup volume, pretty much, but it's a fun one. ****
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
We start the volume with Chapter 18: Buggy, "The Clown Pirate!"
At the height of Luffy and Buggy's face off, Buggy let's slip that he knows Red Haired Shanks. The fight continues, and Luffy/Shank's straw hat is damaged. This infuriates the rubber man.
All the while Nami and Buggy's crew hide or play opossum while watching the colossal fight of the Devil's Fruit Eaters.
So what are you waiting for? Go read for yourself.
Reinier
This volume serves as a bridge between two story arcs. The conclusion to the Buggy arc is hilarious and the intro to the Black Cat arc does a great job of setting up the conflict. However between those two is a pretty pointless story about a man stuck in a treasure chest which completely slows the pacing down.
If it weren't for that part this would have been the first 5 star volume of One Piece.
Jovany R
This is one of my most favorite volume of One Piece.
It tells that Luffy was fighting Buggy the Clown in a one on one battle.
My favorite part is the of Luffy vs. Buggy moment and the funny parts of it.
This whole story is about a boy named Monkey D. Luffy who is lokking for Gold Rogers, the king of Pirats, treasure. Ones Luffy finds it, he will become king of the pirates! That is his goal
Max
One Piece Volume 3 is about Luffy, Zolo, and Nami meeting Ussop, the liar. Ussop tended to lie, just like the boy did in "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", and when a pirate invasion arrived to assist a pirate already residing in disguise in the liar's hometown, no one believed him until it was almost too late. Luffy and the others eventually beat the pirates.
Georgina Howlett
This is probably my favourite volume yet! So many things have happened and in this volume I can feel the story really start to move. Luffy as a character is now definitely one of my favourites - he is strong, determined, and just a little bit rash; everything good. I can't wait until volume four to see whether the "good" guys beat the bad!
Evang014
Nov 12, 2011 Evang014 rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Evang014 by: I saw the TV show
Shelves: 1st-trimester
I like this book a lot because it had a good twist at the end when the butler wanted to murder kaya. And turn's out the butler was a pirate for 3 years and people thought he was murderd. By the marines and usopp lied to the whole village so he doesn't know how he is going to the village that the butler is going to destroy the village.
Nicole
Eden
Luffy finally defeats Buggy the Clown and continues on his journey. Luffy and his crew come to an island and find out that a young girl on the island is going to be murdered.

I really liked it. It was really good and I can't wait to see what happens next.
ArdnAskelA
Hahaha, quel plaisir de lire ce manga ! Une fois plongée dedans je ne peux pas en ressortir facilement. :D Et puis le personnage de Luffy est si drôle qu'on a du mal à ne pas l'apprécier. Vous ne trouvez pas ? ( ^_^)
Braiden
My fav part is when luffy shouted 'and eat meat' it was funny. Also when the guy got stuck in the treasure chest. Because he slips and randomly fell inside a traesure box. I wonder if they are stupid.
  • Naruto, Vol. 15: Naruto's Ninja Handbook! (Naruto, #15)
208650