Start by marking “Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 4: Alliance” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 4: Alliance

Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 4: Alliance (Star Wars: Legacy #4)

The future of Star Wars continues here! The Sith again control the galaxy, but the remains of the Galactic Alliance fight on to restore justice . . .

Admiral Gar Stazi leads the Galactic Alliance in a risky heist against the Sith. If he succeeds, his army's resources will be greatly replenished-but at what price of punishment from the Sith Emperor and his minions? Three sid
Published December 30th 2008 by Dark Horse Books (first published October 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Bookwraiths
Dec 23, 2015 Bookwraiths rated it really liked it
Great continuation of the story, as the viewpoint shifts to other players in the saga. Art wasn't quite as good, but still more than sufficient to tell the story. Still a great EU story.
Terence
Jan 05, 2016 Terence rated it liked it
The Galactic Alliance stands against the Empire, but the need ships to do so. Their leader Admiral Gar Stazi has plans to steal some.
description

I know this stuff is important, but space battles and intergalactic politics never draw me into Star Wars. I really only care about the Jedi vs Sith aspects of Star Wars although there are always a few other characters who catch my attention. I did like Grand Admiral Stazi, that alien has some ferocity to him that was much appreciated.
Alex
Apr 12, 2013 Alex rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cade Skywalker, Darth Krayt

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. I found these on the interwebz.
Beverly
May 08, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: personal-library
I highly approve of epic space battles and mind palace Sith duels.
Aaron
May 16, 2011 Aaron rated it it was amazing
The focus of this graphic novel series shifts to the Galactic Alliance with this volume. The third power in this civil war story has remind on the outskirts of the storyline up until this period. Readers are brought to Mon Calamari, where the Sith Empire is using a giant docking ring around the planet to build its newest Star Destroyer, the Imperious.

The Galactic Alliance is not ready to let a newer, more powerful weapon fall into the hands of the enemy so Admiral Gar Stazi, one of the Alliance'
Nicholas
Jan 04, 2012 Nicholas rated it liked it
This volume takes a break from the development of Cade Skywalker and instead focuses on fleshing out the existing state of affairs between the three factions vying for control of the galaxy: the Sith Empire, Fel's Empire, and the GA Remnant. Ostrander has a thorough knowledge of the EU and does a wonderful job integrating his story within the existing culture and history developed by his predecessors. He's also done a great job at not only introducing new characters, but making them likable and ...more
Jaimie
Sep 14, 2015 Jaimie rated it it was ok
Zachary Hatton
Aug 27, 2013 Zachary Hatton rated it really liked it
It's shorter than most volumes of the series, but the three stories were overall pretty good in each of their respective themes. I love the theme of how the Sith of the old do not agree with the new Sith, but how Darth Wyyrlick resolves it, is by stating that cultures change over the years and for the Sith, it's uniting theme is bending the will of the force for your own ends. It was cool to see a Sith battle that didn't necessarily involved lightsabers. The Imperial-Alliance-Sith war is going p ...more
Jonathan
Jul 30, 2009 Jonathan rated it liked it
Shelves: starwars
Book 4 leaves our erstwhile heroes for a while and concentrates on the military struggle between the Galactic Alliance and the Sith Empire. The change of perspective is interesting, and necessary for plot development, but there's nothing spectacular here. The book then closes with an issue devoted to Darth Wyyrlok, as he travels deep into the Core in search of ancient Sith lore. The piece is a very well-done look at the mentality of the Sith. Yes, power is the primary motivator, but some, exempl ...more
Jeff Lanter
Aug 23, 2011 Jeff Lanter rated it really liked it
If I could give this volume 4.5 stars I would. There are many things about Alliance that I loved in volume 2. It is always a good sign when new characters and factions are introduced in the fourth trade paperback of a series. While it isn't totally original, I enjoyed seeing the Rebel Alliance fighting against not one but two enemies essentially. It is also interesting how alien heavy the rebels are now. The Sith response in the next story was suitably and surprisingly brutal for Star Wars. The ...more
Yves
Nov 09, 2012 Yves rated it liked it
Le peu qui reste de l'Alliance Galactique décide de tenter un grand coup. Ils veulent voler un Star Destroyer aux mains des Sith et de leurs alliés. Réussissant leur coup, ils ne se doutent pas que leur geste d'éclat aura pour effet de fâcher Darth Krayt au point qu'il décide d'éliminer tous les Calamaris de la Galaxie.

La première partie qui est plus politique était la moins intéressante. C'était long à lire et les personnages importants étaient moins intéressants. La seconde et la troisième par
Edward Cheer
Jan 06, 2015 Edward Cheer rated it liked it
With all the excitement building with Cade's story... this story just kind of drops it. Personally, I really like Cade and his friends, so when the story broke away to show Stazi and the Mon Calamari plot, I didn't care about it. But, I will admit, I got invested a little and I like how everything turned out. I thought the story about Wyyrlok would be better, but it really wasn't. It feels very rushed, his story about trying to find Krayt's cure. And there isn't much challenge to his character. ...more
Cale
May 23, 2014 Cale rated it really liked it
So apparently the odd volumes are off stories. Rather than following Cade, this explores Alliance Admiral Gar Stazi and an attack on Mon Calamari to claim an imperial star destroyer. The story is impressive; one of the better single volumes. The action and intrigue and politicking all work together wonderfully, and the aftermath is way more than expected. There's also a one-off issue about one of Krayt's seconds, which is interesting but not quite as good as the main plot. Still, this book reall ...more
Shanil
Jun 22, 2013 Shanil rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ascent
Patrickderaaff
Jul 12, 2012 Patrickderaaff rated it really liked it
Shelves: swlegends
3 stories: 1. Indomitable - a cool battle in space led by a Neimoidian Admiral called Stazi. 2. The Wrath Of The Dragon - Darth Krayt is not pleased about the stunt Stazi pulled and the entire Mon Calamari race are to pay the ultimate price for their role in it. 3. Into The Core - An excellent story where the past and present of the Sith meet and the differences between old and new become quite clear.
All in all a very good volume. Only new/lesser known characters in the stories, but very well w
Joel Wentz
Aug 01, 2013 Joel Wentz rated it really liked it
I've been enjoying the Legacy story-arc so far, but this volume definitely increased my interest in the narrative, as it introduced a political layer to what's been going on with the main characters. The consequences of the story now seem bigger, and I'm actually more interested in the fates of the characters that were just introduced in "Alliance". A fun read.
Heather
Jul 30, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Another 'filler' volume...and this time no Cade at all! However, it was still a good read. Stazi acquiring the Imperious (aka the Alliance), the start of an alliance between Fel and Stazi, and Wyyrlok's journey into the deep core were all interesting. It will still be good to get back to the main storylines though.
Ari Eris
Mar 07, 2014 Ari Eris rated it really liked it
I didn't think that I was going to like a book without a Skywalker, but this volume turned out to be tons of fun. Admiral Stazi is quite the asskicker. Ostrander sure knows how to write a great space battle. Turns out it was nice to take a break from Cade and Fel. And I hope this isn't the last we see of Anj and Monia. Overall, a very good volume.
Jd
Feb 25, 2014 Jd rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. It was a little disappointing that we didn't get any stuff with Cade and his friends, but the stuff we did get was good enough that I ended up not minding in the end. I really enjoyed the focus on The Galactic Alliance characters, and the Wyrrlok story at the end of the issue was pretty cool.
Erin
May 14, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Really liked this one. And back to sensibly clad females, mostly because they were military members and did not lose their practicality and efficiency for style. Glad someone in the galaxy has some sense. Or maybe it was just because they were mostly Mon Cals and no one wants to see them half naked?
Kalysto
Jul 28, 2011 Kalysto marked it as comics
Baisse de régime pour ce quatrième tome, peut etre parce qu'on y voit pas Cade Skywalker. Du coup on a le droit à une bataille confuse de vaisseau spatiaux, a un passage sur darth Wyyrlock et du bon gros remplissage des familles sur l'univers Legacy. Et en plus, c'est graphiquement moins joli.
StoryTellerShannon
Longer review possibly coming.

STORY/PLOTTING: B minus; ARTISTIC PRESENTATION: B; CHARACTERS/DIALOGUE: B plus; ACTION SCENES: B; STAR WARS MYTHOLOGY: B plus; OVERALL GRADE: B; WHEN READ: early November 2013.
Carlos Chavez
Jun 08, 2011 Carlos Chavez rated it liked it
well not bad but so far this series just isn't doing much for me it seems like one volume will be really good then the next one will be filler and give you a le new plot with out continuing nothing of the preveuse volumes plot.
Angela
Oct 29, 2013 Angela rated it liked it
The Sith are getting closer to catching the rebels, and show how evil they are. This is a short book that looks at the wider universe within Legacy and introduces a lot of new characters. The sith are always interesting though. A good read.
Ben Wright
Sep 11, 2015 Ben Wright rated it really liked it
A very intriguing look at the other players in the story. This series is seriously fantastic so far. You can feel the build to something big coming, but I like how morally gray most of the characters are, it's really making it hard to decided who is in the right.
Casey
Dec 04, 2012 Casey rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, comic
Feels short and inconsequential after Volume 3, but that's okay. An important introduction to one of the key political/military leaders in stories to come.
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 09, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Though these digressive stories aren't as strong as the ones from volume 2, they delightfully make the universe of Legacy larger.
Matt
Jun 28, 2014 Matt rated it really liked it
The first Mon Cal arc wasn't my favorite. The art wasn't to the level of what has come before and the story seemed to drag on. The Darth Wyyrlok arc was better, but he seems too overpowered.
Jordan H.
Jun 27, 2012 Jordan H. rated it liked it
A disappointingly thin transition novel. Definitely a slump in the story line. But alas, these things are necessary, sometimes.
  • Star Wars: Vector, Vol. 1
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars, Volume 3: Last Stand on Jabim
  • Star Wars: Dark Times, Volume Two: Parallels
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi, Volume 1
  • Star Wars: Empire, Volume 2: Darklighter
  • Crimson Empire, Volume 1 (Star Wars: Crimson Empire, #1)
  • Rescues (Star Wars: Invasion, #2)
  • Star Wars: Legacy II, Vol. 1: Prisoner of the Floating World
  • Star Wars Infinities - A New Hope
  • Star Wars Infinities - The Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 6
John Ostrander is an American writer of comic books. He is best known for his work on Suicide Squad, Grimjack and Star Wars: Legacy, series he helped create.

Originally an actor in a Chicago theatre company, Ostrander moved into writing comics in 1983. His first published works were stories about the character "Sargon, Mistress of War", who appeared the First Comics series Warp!, based on a series
More about John Ostrander...

Star Wars: Legacy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 1: Broken