Start by marking “100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More” as Want to Read:

100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet showcases a lush bouquet of blossoms perfect for embellishing your favorite clothing or accessories. As a finishing touch for all your handmade garments or a great pick-me-up for a vintage find, these lovely blooms are the perfect way to use up scraps of yarn or try out interesting new yarns.
Breeze through this gorgeous collection featurin
Published March 17th 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet

Stitch 'n Bitch by Debbie StollerKnitting Without Tears by Elizabeth ZimmermannElizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth ZimmermannA Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara G. WalkerThe Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd
Must-have Knitting Books
39th out of 176 books — 163 voters
Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet by Debbie StollerBeyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie EckmanThe Crochet Answer Book by Edie EckmanCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans by Jan Eaton
Must-Own Crochet Books
62nd out of 95 books — 52 voters

More lists with this book...

Feb 08, 2010 Dianna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: cris m.
Wow. This is the most stunning knitting and crochet book I've ever seen. The flowers are gorgeous, correct, and the patterns appear to be pretty straight forward. I plan on playing around with some patterns soon, so I might update this once I test some out. This is just a gem. I may have to purchase it!
Mar 28, 2009 Margarita rated it it was amazing
Fanstastick book! you will wanted to knit every single one of these, and the veggies too!
Apr 01, 2016 Megalion rated it it was amazing
I was looking for a good example of a poinsettia and this book delivered.

I was very impressed with the level of details to the flowers represented in this book. Many times, flowers are represented in generic shapes that at least to me, it doesn't evoke a specific flower and thereby fails if that was the intent. Sometimes I want a precise rendition.

With this book, I won't need to reinvent the wheel everytime.

My favorite was the morning flower. I never even thought of using it before but her ve
As with Crochet Garden: Bunches of Flowers, Leaves, and Other Delights, I was disappointed in the two-dimensionality of most of these flowers. (I was looking for knit and crochet flower patterns to make a three-dimensional bouquet.) Many of the fruits and vegetables in this collection, however, have a more three-dimensional look. The blackberries are particularly cute. I like the way this book is arranged, with a photographic Directory of Flowers near the beginning, so you can easily browse thro ...more
Nov 02, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
For all the bags, purses, headbands and mittens, even stuffed animal creations, this book is wonderful for creating accents and completing my projects with charm. The crochet instructions are given in two formats: the graphic and descriptions by round. Knitting instructions are given by description only. I truly loved this book, also because of the varying levels of difficulty and the short time it takes to finish each project.
Lauren Van vice
Sep 26, 2014 Lauren Van vice rated it really liked it
With so much information about techniques and so many patterns available for free online it takes a lot to get me buy a book about needlework.

The layout is attractive and intuitive and the techniques are varied enough and well illustrated enough to make 100 Flowers well worth the purchase price.
Apr 13, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it
I loved the pretty flowers - I can make them fairly quickly, with a little bit of leftover yarn. Some of the patterns are hard to follow, but the pictures and charts helped me through. I usually just check these books out from the library, but this one inspired me so much I bought it!
Nov 10, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
I've decided that I'm going to take the flowers in this book and use them to decorate a hat that I will make for the coming winter - perhaps I'll use them to decorate some other things as well. I'll be starting my winter craft projects in September. I'm really looking forward to it!
May 30, 2010 Libby rated it liked it
I'll check this out again once I've learned to crochet as most of the ones I'm interested in are crocheted. I honestly didn't even get a chance to make ONE, so I can't say if the instructions are clear. I'll update later.
Dec 04, 2010 Robin rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
A beautiful book that I'll be keeping for sure. I've been sharing it back and forth with the knitter in my family and we keep finding numerous projects were a little flower finishes it off just perfectly. Well written crochet instructions and nice pictures.
Suzanne Cowles
Mar 08, 2015 Suzanne Cowles rated it it was amazing
I love to make flowers because they can be used to embellish hats, scarves, clothes or be worn as a pin. This book is an awesome reference for any crafter. There are leaves, butterflies and bugs. Great colorful photographs. A must have.
Jan 16, 2013 Sandie rated it it was amazing
Beautiful photos and clear directions and charts. I checked out the book at the library. I loved it so much that I spent one full day making every possible flower. I was sad to return the book, so I ordered a copy for myself.
Gillian Torckler
Feb 26, 2012 Gillian Torckler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't stop making gorgeous flowers. they are not all the same as these and I have modified the patterns in all kinds of ways! Really lovely addition to my bookshelf. The instructions are easy to follow and pictures lovely.
Dec 28, 2013 Leah rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
This book is very detailed. I only checked it out from the library, but it definitely looks like a fun and challenging book to purchase and attempt the pieces. Very cute stuff from flowers, to butterflies and bees, to peas and carrots. Lots of fun stuff.
Jul 07, 2015 Oscar rated it really liked it
Awesome reference to have for basic shapes; all of the projects assume a small needle and crochet thread, so not the greatest resource to use up even the smallest typical scrap yarn.
Dec 27, 2013 Phoebe rated it liked it
Shelves: crafttastic
Read? Hardly. More like "browsed for supreme cuteness and amazement" at what some folks can dream up with needle and hook.
Sep 12, 2011 cassie rated it really liked it
Beautiful pictures and mostly easy directions (I did have to look at YouTube for an unfamiliar stitch). I do not crochet, so I wish all the flowers had patterns for knitting, too.
Jul 19, 2016 Ybgenny rated it it was amazing
A amazing assortment of realistic flower and bugs. Want to make a simple flower? Want to make bees? How about knitted lavender?

I've had this book for years and it still one of my fav's.
Beautiful assortment of decorative flowers and other natural items. This is great for the holidays for making coordinating present wrapping flowers.
May 04, 2013 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it liked it
Shelves: craft
Nice set up to the book but some of the directions are a little confusing. Nice resource book nonetheless.
Barbara Chambers
I've had this book a few months and keep dipping back into it, I try a few projects and I think it wont be one of those books I read and dispose of..
Jul 01, 2011 Tiamat rated it it was amazing
Retrouvez mon avis complet sur :
A bientôt
Rebecca Wilson
Rebecca Wilson rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Sveva Caputo
Sveva Caputo rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Kathy Weidner
Kathy Weidner rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Shasta rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2015
Freya rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
Laura Morgan
Laura Morgan rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Diana Gillatt
Diana Gillatt rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Anne rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2010
  • Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns
  • Crochet Bouquet: Easy Designs for Dozens of Flowers
  • Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace
  • Folk Shawls
  • Hip to Crochet
  • Crochet Master Class: Lessons and Projects from Today's Top Crocheters
  • The Knitter's Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn
  • Crochet Inspiration
  • Creepy Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots, and More!
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker