Start by marking “100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More” as Want to Read:

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  471 ratings  ·  33 reviews
100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet showcases a lush bouquet of blossoms perfect for embellishing your favorite clothing or accessories. As a finishing touch for all your handmade garments or a great pick-me-up for a vintage find, these lovely blooms are the perfect way to use up scraps of yarn or try out interesting new yarns.
Breeze through this gorgeous collection featurin
Published March 17th 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet

Stitch 'n Bitch by Debbie StollerKnitting Without Tears by Elizabeth ZimmermannElizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth ZimmermannThe Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann BuddKnitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Must-have Knitting Books
45th out of 152 books — 149 voters
Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet by Debbie StollerBeyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie EckmanThe Crochet Answer Book by Edie EckmanCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen HadenCrochet That Fits by Mary Jane Hall
Must-Own Crochet Books
56th out of 62 books — 45 voters

More lists with this book...

Dianna
Feb 08, 2010 Dianna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cris m.
Wow. This is the most stunning knitting and crochet book I've ever seen. The flowers are gorgeous, correct, and the patterns appear to be pretty straight forward. I plan on playing around with some patterns soon, so I might update this once I test some out. This is just a gem. I may have to purchase it!
Margarita
Fanstastick book! you will wanted to knit every single one of these, and the veggies too!
Margot
As with Crochet Garden: Bunches of Flowers, Leaves, and Other Delights, I was disappointed in the two-dimensionality of most of these flowers. (I was looking for knit and crochet flower patterns to make a three-dimensional bouquet.) Many of the fruits and vegetables in this collection, however, have a more three-dimensional look. The blackberries are particularly cute. I like the way this book is arranged, with a photographic Directory of Flowers near the beginning, so you can easily browse thro ...more
Lauren Van vice
With so much information about techniques and so many patterns available for free online it takes a lot to get me buy a book about needlework.

The layout is attractive and intuitive and the techniques are varied enough and well illustrated enough to make 100 Flowers well worth the purchase price.
Suzanne Cowles
I love to make flowers because they can be used to embellish hats, scarves, clothes or be worn as a pin. This book is an awesome reference for any crafter. There are leaves, butterflies and bugs. Great colorful photographs. A must have.
Oscar
Awesome reference to have for basic shapes; all of the projects assume a small needle and crochet thread, so not the greatest resource to use up even the smallest typical scrap yarn.
Ybgenny
A amazing assortment of realistic flower and bugs. Want to make a simple flower? Want to make bees? How about knitted lavender?

I've had this book for years and it still one of my fav's.
Mckinley
Decorative items to add to projects and other objects. Fun.
Nyayu Amrina
i want to studied crochet
Melissa
For all the bags, purses, headbands and mittens, even stuffed animal creations, this book is wonderful for creating accents and completing my projects with charm. The crochet instructions are given in two formats: the graphic and descriptions by round. Knitting instructions are given by description only. I truly loved this book, also because of the varying levels of difficulty and the short time it takes to finish each project.
Heather
I've decided that I'm going to take the flowers in this book and use them to decorate a hat that I will make for the coming winter - perhaps I'll use them to decorate some other things as well. I'll be starting my winter craft projects in September. I'm really looking forward to it!
Shannon
I loved the pretty flowers - I can make them fairly quickly, with a little bit of leftover yarn. Some of the patterns are hard to follow, but the pictures and charts helped me through. I usually just check these books out from the library, but this one inspired me so much I bought it!
Leah
This book is very detailed. I only checked it out from the library, but it definitely looks like a fun and challenging book to purchase and attempt the pieces. Very cute stuff from flowers, to butterflies and bees, to peas and carrots. Lots of fun stuff.
Robin
Dec 04, 2010 Robin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
A beautiful book that I'll be keeping for sure. I've been sharing it back and forth with the knitter in my family and we keep finding numerous projects were a little flower finishes it off just perfectly. Well written crochet instructions and nice pictures.
Libby
I'll check this out again once I've learned to crochet as most of the ones I'm interested in are crocheted. I honestly didn't even get a chance to make ONE, so I can't say if the instructions are clear. I'll update later.
Sandie
Beautiful photos and clear directions and charts. I checked out the book at the library. I loved it so much that I spent one full day making every possible flower. I was sad to return the book, so I ordered a copy for myself.
Gillian Torckler
I can't stop making gorgeous flowers. they are not all the same as these and I have modified the patterns in all kinds of ways! Really lovely addition to my bookshelf. The instructions are easy to follow and pictures lovely.
cassie
Beautiful pictures and mostly easy directions (I did have to look at YouTube for an unfamiliar stitch). I do not crochet, so I wish all the flowers had patterns for knitting, too.
Tiamat
Retrouvez mon avis complet sur :http://www.tiamat-creations.com/artic...
A bientôt
Barbara Chambers
I've had this book a few months and keep dipping back into it, I try a few projects and I think it wont be one of those books I read and dispose of..
Kristine
Beautiful assortment of decorative flowers and other natural items. This is great for the holidays for making coordinating present wrapping flowers.
Phoebe
Read? Hardly. More like "browsed for supreme cuteness and amazement" at what some folks can dream up with needle and hook.
GoldenjoyBazyll
Nice set up to the book but some of the directions are a little confusing. Nice resource book nonetheless.
Amanda
This book is awesome when you want to add a litte something extra to your knitting project.
Martha
Oct 31, 2009 Martha added it
illustrated in actual size; several patterns free at http://www.lionbrand.com
May 28, 2012 Laura is currently reading it
I like it but need someone to explain the 5th round of the crochet bumblebee.
Sian Jackson
not enough crochet its mainly knitting there are some nice things to do tho
Dana Wright
fun flowers and all kinds of things to knit and crochet.
Lisa
Lots of wonderful flowers to use in knitting and crochet.
  • Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns
  • Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace
  • Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet
  • Folk Shawls
  • Creepy Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots, and More!
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • The Knitter's Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn
  • Hip to Crochet
  • The Crochet Stitch Bible
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful
  • Blueprint Crochet
75 Birds, Butterflies & little beasts to knit and crochet 150 Knitted Trims: Designs for Beautiful Decorative Edgings, from Beaded Braids to Cables, Bobbles, and Fringes Encyclopedia Of Knitting Techniques The Essential Stitch Collection First Crochet: Projects for Beginners