Start by marking “Gregori's Ghost” as Want to Read:
Gregori's Ghost

Gregori's Ghost

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  98 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A legacy from a beloved grandfather, photographs of a shocking massacre hidden in the chaos and bloodshed of war, and Dr. Steven Russell is forced out of his self-indulgent life and into a race to save a stranger. Alexi Temchanko is a Ukrainian journalist investigating the old crime. Alexi and Steven have never met, but they are the grandsons of Charlie and Gregori, the Am ...more
Published 2008 by All Romance eBooks

julio
May 23, 2014 julio rated it liked it
Shelves: novella
A bit rushed, sadly—but marvelous good fun in any event.

I am, shockingly, partial to the character of Alexi.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This was a stunning, sorrowful but uplifting tale of love.

I wasn't sure what I was going to get when I started this story and had it for a while before I decided to read it. I shouldn't have waited so long.

This is the story of Steven, his grandfather's ghost Charlie, Alexi and the ghost of Alexi's grandfather Gregori. The relationships in this story are complex. All four men are connected to each other in ways that trascend the boundaries of death and distance.

The setting of the Ukraine was i
Sofia
Aug 16, 2014 Sofia rated it really liked it

Liked my second taste of Black, happy that she writes about imperfect people.

She is able to create a feeling of intimacy, closeness, of people touching each other and being able to see and love without being perfect.

"And they would probably muddle along, irritate each other, be bad-tempered and asinine, but they would never have to worry about being themselves."

Her characterisation of Gregori, Charlie, Steven, Alexi, Rami was great and I especially like the vision of small, stubborn
Jenre
May 02, 2011 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, romance
Why I bought the book: I didn't! It was free at ARe. I've liked some of Sarah Black's other stories so I thought I'd pick this one up too since it didn't cost me anything :).

Plot: Steven is a neurologist who lives a cushy life. When his Grandfather, Charlie, passes away from cancer, Steven is left with an antique camera which belonged to an old friend of Charlie from the Second World War, Gregori. Steven looks into the lens of the camera and somehow manages to be able to see all that Gregori cou
Chris
May 02, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
Very good m/m romance about a neurologist whose dying grandfather charges him with looking after the son of a man befriended by his grandfather during WWII. I'm definitely going to be reading more Sarah Black.
M'rella
Three and a half stars. Didn't care much for the modern ending.
In all honesty, I should have mentioned from the start, the historical/paranormal part of the book was pretty impressive.
Alex
Oct 17, 2010 Alex rated it liked it
Shelves: queer, romance
I got this for free on the website, and had pretty low expectations considering the others I've read that were free.

I was pleasantly surprised. Instead of rushing through the story (OMG we need SEX and some sort of PLOT and ANGST), the characters were pretty well developed in a nice slow pace without too much being thrown at the reader. The romance bits are a bit far fetched sometimes, but nothing more than most romance readers are used to :)

There is some ghost sex, but it's redeemed by Alexi's
Jen
Jan 03, 2012 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Brilliant book all around. The descriptions and details brought me various places the book takes place.
Dee Wy
Mar 14, 2013 Dee Wy rated it really liked it
Ghosts, mystery/suspense, war crimes and a budding relationship - very nice quick read. Love Sarah's writing!
Navyvet
May 12, 2010 Navyvet rated it liked it
An interesting premise and compelling story, well executed. Something different from what I usually read.
Phoenix
May 24, 2013 Phoenix rated it really liked it
Good book. Only complaint I have is the pace was too fast. Read like a readers digest condensed book
Sandra
She's also got other free reads here !

Nikko
Aug 18, 2012 Nikko added it
Super bored!! Finishedd it at 20%...
Bryl Tyne
Aug 18, 2012 Indigo rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
4.3*
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Kelvin Thompson
Kelvin Thompson marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Skm
Skm added it
May 11, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Pikafr
Pikafr added it
Mar 18, 2016
Franz
Franz marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Good_danto
Good_danto marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Arna
Arna rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Soledad P
Soledad P rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2015
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Cressa
Cressa marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
  • The Powers of Love (The Powers of Love, #1)
  • Dark Angel (Vampire #.5)
  • Abercrombie Zombie
  • Lilacs
  • Darkling Mine
  • Friction (Dominion, #0.1)
  • Caffeine for a Marine
  • Black Wolf (Wolf Creek, #1)
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Pineapples & Chocolate
  • The Yearning
  • Windows in Time
  • Heatstroke
  • Midnight
Sarah Black writes contemporary and historical gay romance and mystery.
More about Sarah Black...