Start by marking “Gregori's Ghost” as Want to Read:
Gregori's Ghost

Gregori's Ghost

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A legacy from a beloved grandfather, photographs of a shocking massacre hidden in the chaos and bloodshed of war, and Dr. Steven Russell is forced out of his self-indulgent life and into a race to save a stranger. Alexi Temchanko is a Ukrainian journalist investigating the old crime. Alexi and Steven have never met, but they are the grandsons of Charlie and Gregori, the Am ...more
Published 2008 by All Romance eBooks

A bit rushed, sadly—but marvelous good fun in any event.

I am, shockingly, partial to the character of Alexi.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This was a stunning, sorrowful but uplifting tale of love.

I wasn't sure what I was going to get when I started this story and had it for a while before I decided to read it. I shouldn't have waited so long.

This is the story of Steven, his grandfather's ghost Charlie, Alexi and the ghost of Alexi's grandfather Gregori. The relationships in this story are complex. All four men are connected to each other in ways that trascend the boundaries of death and distance.

The setting of the Ukraine was i

Liked my second taste of Black, happy that she writes about imperfect people.

She is able to create a feeling of intimacy, closeness, of people touching each other and being able to see and love without being perfect.

"And they would probably muddle along, irritate each other, be bad-tempered and asinine, but they would never have to worry about being themselves."

Her characterisation of Gregori, Charlie, Steven, Alexi, Rami was great and I especially like the vision of small, stubborn
Why I bought the book: I didn't! It was free at ARe. I've liked some of Sarah Black's other stories so I thought I'd pick this one up too since it didn't cost me anything :).

Plot: Steven is a neurologist who lives a cushy life. When his Grandfather, Charlie, passes away from cancer, Steven is left with an antique camera which belonged to an old friend of Charlie from the Second World War, Gregori. Steven looks into the lens of the camera and somehow manages to be able to see all that Gregori cou
Very good m/m romance about a neurologist whose dying grandfather charges him with looking after the son of a man befriended by his grandfather during WWII. I'm definitely going to be reading more Sarah Black.
Three and a half stars. Didn't care much for the modern ending.
In all honesty, I should have mentioned from the start, the historical/paranormal part of the book was pretty impressive.
I got this for free on the website, and had pretty low expectations considering the others I've read that were free.

I was pleasantly surprised. Instead of rushing through the story (OMG we need SEX and some sort of PLOT and ANGST), the characters were pretty well developed in a nice slow pace without too much being thrown at the reader. The romance bits are a bit far fetched sometimes, but nothing more than most romance readers are used to :)

There is some ghost sex, but it's redeemed by Alexi's
Jan 03, 2012 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Brilliant book all around. The descriptions and details brought me various places the book takes place.
Dee Wy
Ghosts, mystery/suspense, war crimes and a budding relationship - very nice quick read. Love Sarah's writing!
An interesting premise and compelling story, well executed. Something different from what I usually read.
Good book. Only complaint I have is the pace was too fast. Read like a readers digest condensed book
She's also got other free reads here !

Aug 18, 2012 Nikko added it
Super bored!! Finishedd it at 20%...
Bryl Tyne
Beautiful love story.
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
Shelves: unread-mm
*downloaded free on ARE
Ben marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Tj marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Amie marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Cressa marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Anna marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Sheena is currently reading it
Feb 20, 2015
Derynmorin1970 marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
ShaMar marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Joanne marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
402840 marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Nicola marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Miza Peters
Miza Peters marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Parking Lot Hero (A Powers of Love Story)
  • Abercrombie Zombie
  • Caffeine for a Marine
  • Darkling Mine
  • Lions and Tigers and Snares
  • Lilacs
  • Friction (Dominion, #0.1)
  • Windows in Time
  • Dark Angel (Vampire #.5)
  • If It Ain't Love
  • Midnight
  • Heatstroke
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Night Watch (The Telling, #2)
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • Orientation
  • Dog Days of Summer
  • Free to Fly
Sarah Black writes contemporary and historical gay romance and mystery.
More about Sarah Black...