Start by marking “Presumed Guilty” as Want to Read:
Presumed Guilty

Presumed Guilty

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  3,066 ratings  ·  210 reviews
Miranda's ex-lover is found murdered. She had a motive and the opportunity. After being arrested for the crime, Miranda is shocked to learn she's been released on bail--bail posted by someone determined to remain anonymous. Is someone trying to help Miranda? Or is someone trying to manipulate Miranda and draw her into the dark and secret world of a murdered man, where ever ...more
Published October 1st 1997 by Mira Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Presumed Guilty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Presumed Guilty

Brenda
Miranda Wood was finally content, after a terrible couple of weeks, where she quit her job and broke up with her married lover. She had decided to leave the island, start afresh with a new job and new home. Until the night Richard telephoned her, wanting to see her, not believing she would actually leave him. He was coming to her home, and she didn’t want to see him. So she went for a long walk, sat by the water for an hour or so then slowly made her way home. When she saw Richard’s car was stil ...more
Lauren
This was possibly one of the worst books I have ever read. Ok, maybe not the worst, but the worst one that I have actually finished. Normally I give up. Life is too short:) But this was a short one and an easy read, and I had to know "who done it."

The weird thing is I read 3 or so other books by this author and enjoyed them. I think this was one of her first books. It is basically a really mediocre murder mystery combined with a romance novel.

Case in point - "She tasted of summer and warmth and
Maryann Bosah
Tess Gerristen has the ability to weave a tale that is captivatingly good
E. Chainey (Bookowski)
Tess ya işte her zaman okunur. Her ne kadar kitabın editinde bazı küçük sorunlar gözüme çarpmış olsa dahi konu iyi. Kimse gerilim beklemesin, macera çünkü. Konu özeti kendini anlatıyor. Kitap akıcı kendini okutuyor. Ben sevdim. Tavsiyemdir:)
Nan Williams
Gosh, it was a Harlequin Romance. It read like one, but like a really well written one. Tess Gerritsen always delivers - even in her very early books. This one was a fast and enjoyable read - much better than most of the high priced suspense novels of today. The plot started with a bang and moved right along. Sure, there were some holes, but some pretty decent twists and turns, as well. It would be a good book for the beach - a quick afternoon read.

The fact that nobody locked their doors when th
Elizabeth
This is one of Gerritsen's older books- i.e. Pre-Rizzoli and Isles. And there really isn't anything terribly wrong with that. The characters are not terribly fleshed out. But the plot moves quickly in somewhat unexpected ways that still feel somewhat realistic.

However, I have one major bone to pick with Ms. Gerritsen. Our plucky heroine, Miranda, is falsely accused of killing the man she used to be having an affair with. I cannot tell you how many times Miranda herself and other characters refer
ѕєяєηιтι
İyiydi güzeldi hoştu sevdim kitabı da beni bazı merak ettiğim sorularla bıraktı kitap sonu daha iyi toparlanmış olabilirdi hızlı bir bitiş oldu bence.

Katil olayı iyiydi ama...

(view spoiler)
HÜLYA
Masumiyetin İçin Savaş Orjinal Adı: Presumed Guilty
Goodreads Puanı5/3,60 Benim puanım 5/5 Çok beğendim..Yazarın 1993 Yıllarında yazdığı bir kitap idi.Korktuğum gibi kanlı bir hikaye değildi..Baştan sona kadar çok severek okudum..Yazarındaha önce Bıçak Sırtı romanının okuyup sevmiştim...Yazar hikayede çözülmesi gereken bir cinayeti kurguladığı gibi tutku dolu bir aşkı da unutmamıştı..Okuduğum ikinci kitabı bu yazara hayeranlığım daha da arttı..Kitabın çevirisi beni rahatsız etmedi..
Yazarın diğer
Monnie
Presumed Guilty isn't a new book; in fact, it was written about 15 years ago, reprinted and re-released in May 2012 for sale at Amazon.com. Most of the reader reviews there were positively awful, though it should be noted that some were simply ticked off that they'd paid good money for a reprint of an old book. Still, after seeing those reviews, I almost didn't start reading it even though Gerritsen is one of my favorite authors.

Now that I've read it, I agree it's far from her best. In a nutshel
Heather
Title: Presumed Guilty

Author: Tess Gerritsen

Synopsis (from bn.com):

Miranda Wood thinks she has seen the last of Richard Tremain, her rich and married ex-lover—until she discovers him stabbed to death in her bed. With her knife.

Miranda is the obvious suspect, and she looks even guiltier when her bail is posted by an anonymous donor. Was this an act of kindness designed to buy her time to clear her name? Or is someone trying to manipulate Miranda and draw her into the dark and secret world of a mu
Kelly
When Miranda comes home to find her ex-lover dead in her bed, stabbed with her knife, she knows there's no way anyone will believe it wasn't her. But when someone posts her bail and all sorts of things start to happen, she realises she has to find out who the killer really is, no matter what the cost will be...

As I've said many times before, Tess Gerritsen's romantic thrillers aren't as good as her medical thrillers, but they are still very good. This particular story was my favourite of her rom
Joannine
Valerie
I enjoy books by Tess Gerritsen. I enjoy thrillers and mysteries so her topics are right up my street. Gerritsen has not always been an author. Although she longed to be a writer, her family had reservations about the sustainability of a writing career, prompting Gerritsen to choose a career in medicine. She was born in San Diego, California, USA on 12 June 1953. In 1975, Gerritsen graduated from Stanford University, California with a BA in anthropology and went on to study medicine at the Unive ...more
Greg Chandler
Miranda has been guilty of indiscretion, but when she breaks off her affair with a the married lothario, Richard Tremain, she is not guilty of his murder. She is surprised to return home from a walk on the beach to find his nude and bloody corpse in her bed with her kitchen knife embedded in him.

Richard's brother, Chase, the "black sheep" of the family, alternates between helping Miranda clear her name, doubting her innocence and falling in love with her. Somehow, he still isn't sure she didn't
Inga
Audiobook-Rezension:

Nein, es ist schon besser, dass sich Tess Gerritsen weiterentwickelt und mit Rizzoli und Isles interessante Protagonisten für ihre Bücher geschaffen hat. Gefährliche Begierde (erschienen 1993) ist zwar nicht ganz so konfus wie Call After Midnight und hat eine erkennbare Thrillerhandlung, aber auch hier wirkt die begleitende Liebesgeschichte unglaubhaft und aufgesetzt. Die Charaktere bleiben flach, der Plot entwickelt sich zwar dynamisch, denn die ursprünglich des Mordes an ih
Burak Uluışık
Tess'in her kitabı okunuyor sıkmadan ama Rizzoli serisi kadar heyecanlandırmıyor beni. Rizzoli serisini okurken kendimden geçiyorum resmen ama bunlara da katlanıyoruz. Bu kitapta kötü değildi okunabilirdi. Romantizmi az boğucu değildi. Tamam katil hiç beklemediğim biriydi ama kurgu tamamiyle basitti. Yani Arka sokaklarda bile işlenebilecek bir konuydu.
Ceren Ünlü
Bence Tess her zaman okunur. Yine döktürmüş, polisiyenin kraliçesi... Rizzoli serisi kadar olmasa da ben soluksuz okudum... Yazarın dili büyülemeye devam ediyor, her zaman ki gibi... Harikasın Tess...
Joyce
Dit boek is een van de eerste thrillers van de hand van Tess Gerritsen. Leuk om even tussendoor te lezen, de spanning zit er goed in, misschien iets te zoetsappig.
Jody
Rachel
What a good mystery. Miranda's married ex is found murdered in her bed, and Miranda is subsequently charged with murder. After being let out on bail by a mysterious donor, Miranda is trying to piece together the puzzle of the crime. When multiple attempts are made at her life, Miranda realizes that she is in danger. As more details come out about Richard and the community at large the more puzzling some things become.
I enjoyed the story but didn't feel like I connected with the characters as ind
Nancy
Oct 24, 2014 Nancy added it
Fatma
Bir insanın kendini masum olduğunu ispatlaması için daha ne yapabilirdi ki... Harikaydı. Tess Gerritsen kitaplarımın arasındaki yerini aldı :)
Helen
A good quick read. Some of it was a little predictable but still worth a read
Bev Taylor
a departure from her usual style - more a romance with an unsolved murder thrown in

guilty - upon proven innocent

miranda returns to her cottage to find a man, stabbed to death, lying in her bed. her ex lover

she is the obvious suspect but someone is setting her up and also wants to get her out of the way

enter chase. he is related to the dead man but slowly changes his mind and - yes, u guessed

still intrigued why she did not lock her cottage knowing that the guy was coming round ....

bep.s. u
Janice
This book was one of the first written by this author. Although known currently as a "crime thriller" author, she began her writing in the "romantic suspense" category. This book still has twists, turns and incredible suspense. I found it interesting & enjoyable to read. It's compelling to see read her earlier works, as it gives clues into her development of an author. Now a New York Times "best seller" author..she has come a long way. If you enjoy her books, I believe you will still enjoy o ...more
When I was purchasing this book, I saw the cover and that it was by Gerritsen and I was like Yes! A gritty novel that I haven't read by Gerritsen. (I have read all her other novels and was kind of surprised that I had missed this one, but it was only released in the last little while.) As I am getting ready to read the book there is a note to the reader from Gerritsen. The note basically says that Harlequin Mira is releasing her previous works before she was a crime/thriller writer and she hopes ...more
Hulya
Masumiyetin İçin Savaş Orjinal Adı: Presumed Guilty
Yazarın diğer
Marianne
Presumed Guilty is the 7th novel by best-selling American author, Tess Gerritsen. When Miranda Wood’s boss and ex-lover, newspaper publisher Richard Tremain, is murdered in her bed with her own kitchen knife, she has no alibi and is, of course, presumed guilty. But when Richard’s brother returns to Shepherd’s Island at his sister-in-law Evelyn’s request, Chase Tremain observes in Miranda a woman who doesn’t seem guilty. There are inconsistencies in the case; and, once he talks more to Miranda, h ...more
Ed
An early novel by Tess Gerritson (Rizzoli & Isles). I picked up a used copy thinking it was an overlooked one of her medical thrillers.

Romantic Suspense - Miranda Wood has broken up with her married boss, Richard Tremain. He insists on seeing her but she takes a walk on the beach to avoid him. She returns to find him naked and dead in her bed. Richard's estranged brother Chase wants to see her convicted until he starts to feel an attraction for her and begins to doubt her guilt.
Miranda Wood returns home to find her ex-lover brutally murdered in her bed - due to their history and recent break up, Miranda becomes the prime suspect with local police reluctant to look any further. That is until a mysterious somebody posts bail for Miranda and the attempts on her life begin ... can she uncover the truth before it's too late?

A good mix of thriller and romance ... reminded me a little of Karen Rose. Some great red herrings reared their heads in this great little read!
Tess Gerritsen Fans: Presumed Guilty (Group Read - Nov/Dec 2012) 17 25 May 05, 2013 11:13AM
  • The Dragon and the Stars
  • Mistress of Justice
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Slow Burn
  • Family Passions
  • Der Menschenmacher
  • Mörder ohne Gnade
  • Do No Harm
  • Takedown (The Precinct, #12)
  • Tell No Lies
  • Storm Winds (Wind Dancer, #2)
  • Thorn in My Side
  • Skin and Bone
  • Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #5)
  • Intervention (Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery, #9)
  • Mortal Evidence: The Forensics Behind Nine Shocking Cases
  • The Inquisitor's Key (Body Farm #7)
  • The Guilty (Henry Parker, #2)
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller
More about Tess Gerritsen...
The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1) Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5) The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2) Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4) The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)

“Beni burada seni bekler halde bırakmışken, beni sevdiğini nasıl söyleyebilirsin?” 1 likes
“Acım tıpkı organlarımı kemiren bir yaratık gibi hala canlı.Ölmeyecek.Ölmeyi reddediyor.Onu oraya sen koydun, sen ektin, embriyoya onca yılın besinini verdin.Ve sonra yürüyüp gittin.

Bana iyilik yaptığını söyledin.Şimdi ayrılmak daha iyi, eğer bu iş uzarsa sadece daha fazla acı verecek, dedin.

Acı çekmenin ne olduğunu bilmiyorsun…”
0 likes