Start by marking “Haunted Kids: True Ghost Stories” as Want to Read:
Haunted Kids: True Ghost Stories

Haunted Kids: True Ghost Stories

Many kids claim to have seen ghosts in all sorts of places—cemeteries, bedrooms, attics, schools, roadways, forests, caves. Often, experts were called in to investigate these apparent hauntings, and most of the time these so-called experts walked away baffled. The only thing that everyone could agree on was that something very weird had happened, something that could never ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published September 20th 2008 by Brilliance Audio (first published July 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Kids

Bookworm
I've read this book back when I was a 7th grader and I didn't remember anything from it except for the stories' titles. Anyway, it was fun reading it again with my younger cousin and sister. I'd say the stories in this book are kind of cool; they all seemed to me as a teenager good attempt of telling ghost stories, but I didn't really think of them as "true ghost stories" as what the book claims they are. I don't see any reason of being scared of ghosts, I think it would be mild cool if I ever m ...more
Sabrina Rutter
Jun 09, 2009 Sabrina Rutter rated it liked it
I read many of the stories in this book to the kids in October. The stories were a little to scary for them so we stopped reading it. My son started to think that ghosts were in his room and my daughter didn't want to go to sleep with her light off.
Not recomended for a first and third grader!
Rhonda
Oct 09, 2008 Rhonda rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, juvenile
Well, this is for kids but let me tell you there were a couple of stories that really freaked me out.
I listened to this on audiobook and John Ratzenbergerwas the narrator for this (he was Cliff on Cheers). He does not do female voices very well and for the most part his voice kind of put me on edge a little.
I think if kids like this sort of thing then it is a good thing to listen too, there are 11 stories in all and most of them are pretty lame.
I enjoyed this because it was a short audio book.
Alex
Mar 01, 2013 Alex rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites.I enjoy reading it. A lot of these stories are really creepy and kind of scary, but I just don't put it down. Its not very long, an easy read. A couple of my favorite stories in this book are The Devil's Garden, which has to do with the ghost of a little girl who haunts two kids, and The Secret of Room 333, where a boy named Adam who needs in help in math is tutored by the ghost of a teacher at his Catholic school. I wish a ghost would help me with math *sigh*.
Amanda
Good stories.

I liked these books. I like Allan Zullo and I really like the stories in these books. I think all younger kids (Upper elementary, early middle school) These books are quick reads and quite intresting. (Even if the stories are exagerrated.) So if you like short ghost stoires read these books.
Cheyenne
THIS BOOK HAS 7 SCARY STORIES IN IT. THEY HAVE LOTS OF TALES THAT ARE TRUE. PPLE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK AT NIGHT IT WILL MAKE IT MORE SCARIER TRAIN THE MORNING. THE AUTHOR I REALLY DONT KNOE ANY THING BOUT HIM OR HER.
Angel Sandoval
Jan 25, 2016 Angel Sandoval rated it really liked it
The book was about kids that were kids and haunt everyone. I like the book cause the ghost are kids. I would recommend this book to people who like real ghost stories
Cws
JM-Zul
Kun Bae
Jan 20, 2013 Kun Bae rated it it was ok
In the cover it says true but I don't think it's true
Noelle Walsh
Sep 30, 2013 Noelle Walsh rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this. It was and is fun to read. This is one of the first books I end up recommending! Worth reading, this book is.
Donna
Oct 29, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it
This is my fear level for ghost stories!! LOL when the narrator John Ratzenberger mentioned "Cheers".
Marie
Aug 18, 2010 Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-true
Supposed to be true stories. Some of them beautiful, other really creepy. Ideal stories to tell/listen to at Halloween, not alone but with friend or family, to get in a Halloween mood.
Harry.yang
Oct 20, 2008 Harry.yang rated it it was amazing
...I think that you should try to read this book beacuse this book will give you shivers and chills...I think...man..
Soomble
Oct 09, 2009 Soomble rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-love
This book may change your life!!!!!!!! haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa! P.S: This book may keep you reading long past bedtime !!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Lichelle
Oct 14, 2016 Lichelle rated it really liked it
It is a good book and it has many different stories in it which keeps my attention , and each story kinda ends in a surprise/mystery.
Maria Ahmad
Maria Ahmad rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Shaydee Moreno
Shaydee Moreno rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2010
Brittany Harrington
Brittany Harrington rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2013
Tajana
Tajana rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2014
Ginnie Grant
Ginnie Grant rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2009
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Riley Worwood
Riley Worwood rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2009
Gulden
Gulden rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2008
Eimy
Eimy rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2013
Skylar
Skylar rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Alec Andersson
Alec Andersson rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Ghostly Encounters: True Stories of America's Haunted Inns and Hotels
  • The Haunting Hour: Chills in the Dead of Night
  • Haunted Wisconsin
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • Encyclopedia Horrifica: Terrifying Truth About Vampires, Ghosts, Monsters, and More
  • Out of the Dark
  • Don't Call Them Ghosts: The Spirit Children of Fontaine Manse- A True Story
  • The Haunting of America: From the Salem Witch Trials to Harry Houdini
  • The Locked Room (Shivers, #5)
  • Tripping Over the Lunch Lady: And Other School Stories
  • Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter
  • Haunted Savannah: The Official Guidebook to Savannah Haunted History Tour Conducted by Cobblestone Tours
  • Haunted: The Incredible True Story of a Canadian Family's Experience Living in a Haunted House
  • Smugglers' Mine (Something Wickedly Weird, #5)
  • Hauntings (Mysteries of the Unknown)
  • The Ghost Hunter: Chilling Tales of Real Life Hauntings
  • The Case of the Measled Cowboy (Hank the Cowdog, #33)
  • The Haunting of Twentieth-Century America
Allan Zullo is an American non-fiction writer. He is the author or co-author of more than eighty paperbacks for adults and children.

A native of Rockford, Illinois, Zullo graduated from Northern Illinois University in 1969 with a degree in journalism. His books include The Baseball Hall of Shame and Baseball Confidential (both co-written with Bruce Nash), A Boomer's Guide to Grandparenting (co-writ
More about Allan Zullo...