Start by marking “Haunted Kids: True Ghost Stories” as Want to Read:
Haunted Kids: True Ghost Stories

Haunted Kids: True Ghost Stories

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Many kids claim to have seen ghosts in all sorts of places—cemeteries, bedrooms, attics, schools, roadways, forests, caves. Often, experts were called in to investigate these apparent hauntings, and most of the time these so-called experts walked away baffled. The only thing that everyone could agree on was that something very weird had happened, something that could never ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published September 20th 2008 by Brilliance Audio (first published July 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Kids

Bookworm
I've read this book back when I was a 7th grader and I didn't remember anything from it except for the stories' titles. Anyway, it was fun reading it again with my younger cousin and sister. I'd say the stories in this book are kind of cool; they all seemed to me as a teenager good attempt of telling ghost stories, but I didn't really think of them as "true ghost stories" as what the book claims they are. I don't see any reason of being scared of ghosts, I think it would be mild cool if I ever m ...more
☥Sabrina Rutter☥
I read many of the stories in this book to the kids in October. The stories were a little to scary for them so we stopped reading it. My son started to think that ghosts were in his room and my daughter didn't want to go to sleep with her light off.
Not recomended for a first and third grader!
Donna
This is my fear level for ghost stories!! LOL when the narrator John Ratzenberger mentioned "Cheers".
Mariah
The writing of this book is scarier than the stories themselves.
Rhonda
Well, this is for kids but let me tell you there were a couple of stories that really freaked me out.
I listened to this on audiobook and John Ratzenbergerwas the narrator for this (he was Cliff on Cheers). He does not do female voices very well and for the most part his voice kind of put me on edge a little.
I think if kids like this sort of thing then it is a good thing to listen too, there are 11 stories in all and most of them are pretty lame.
I enjoyed this because it was a short audio book.
Alex
One of my favorites.I enjoy reading it. A lot of these stories are really creepy and kind of scary, but I just don't put it down. Its not very long, an easy read. A couple of my favorite stories in this book are The Devil's Garden, which has to do with the ghost of a little girl who haunts two kids, and The Secret of Room 333, where a boy named Adam who needs in help in math is tutored by the ghost of a teacher at his Catholic school. I wish a ghost would help me with math *sigh*.
Amanda
Good stories.

I liked these books. I like Allan Zullo and I really like the stories in these books. I think all younger kids (Upper elementary, early middle school) These books are quick reads and quite intresting. (Even if the stories are exagerrated.) So if you like short ghost stoires read these books.
Cheyenne
THIS BOOK HAS 7 SCARY STORIES IN IT. THEY HAVE LOTS OF TALES THAT ARE TRUE. PPLE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK AT NIGHT IT WILL MAKE IT MORE SCARIER TRAIN THE MORNING. THE AUTHOR I REALLY DONT KNOE ANY THING BOUT HIM OR HER.
Marie
Supposed to be true stories. Some of them beautiful, other really creepy. Ideal stories to tell/listen to at Halloween, not alone but with friend or family, to get in a Halloween mood.
Noelle Walsh
I really enjoyed reading this. It was and is fun to read. This is one of the first books I end up recommending! Worth reading, this book is.
Soomble
This book may change your life!!!!!!!! haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa! P.S: This book may keep you reading long past bedtime !!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Harry.yang
...I think that you should try to read this book beacuse this book will give you shivers and chills...I think...man..
Stacey
even for a kids book this had some great stories. It was very well written and entertaining.
Kun Bae
In the cover it says true but I don't think it's true
Cws
JM-Zul
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Alexandra Lobo
Alexandra Lobo marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Leanna
Leanna marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Summer
Summer marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Bela Drowned
Bela Drowned marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Kayla Boesche
Kayla Boesche marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Sakina
Sakina is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2015
Donivan
Donivan marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • The Haunting Hour: Chills in the Dead of Night
  • Ghostly Encounters: True Stories of America's Haunted Inns and Hotels
  • Out of the Dark
  • The First Escape (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles, #1)
  • Encyclopedia Horrifica: Terrifying Truth About Vampires, Ghosts, Monsters, and More
  • Real Hauntings: America's True Ghost Stories
  • Tripping Over the Lunch Lady and Other School Stories
  • The Believing Game
  • The Locked Room (Shivers, #5)
  • Haunted Wisconsin
  • Elly: My True Story of the Holocaust
  • We Love You, Snoopy (Peanuts Coronet, #19)
  • Gib Rides Home (Gib, #1)
  • The Case of the Measled Cowboy (Hank the Cowdog, #33)
  • Stacey and the Mystery at the Mall (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #14)
  • Polar Bear Patrol (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #13)
  • Felicity's Dancing Shoes
Allan Zullo is an American non-fiction writer. He is the author or co-author of more than eighty paperbacks for adults and children.

A native of Rockford, Illinois, Zullo graduated from Northern Illinois University in 1969 with a degree in journalism. His books include The Baseball Hall of Shame and Baseball Confidential (both co-written with Bruce Nash), A Boomer's Guide to Grandparenting (co-writ
More about Allan Zullo...
Survivors: True Stories of Children in the Holocaust Escape: Children of the Holocaust Heroes of the Holocaust: True Stories of Rescues by Teens True Tales of Animal Heroes Battle Heroes: Voices from Afghanistan (Ten True Tales)