Start by marking “Do You Do a Didgeridoo?” as Want to Read:
Do You Do a Didgeridoo?

Do You Do a Didgeridoo?

"Do You Do A Didgeridoo?" is a fantastic new picture book for young readers, recently nominated as a finalist for the 2008 Borders Original Voices Children's Picture Book Award, and described by Rolf Harris as "a magic book! Great!!." The story follows a mysterious customer as he tries to find a didgeridoo in Mr Music-man's Marvellous Music Shop. With beautiful ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Make Believe Ideas

To ask other readers questions about Do You Do a Didgeridoo?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You Do a Didgeridoo?

Jeff
Apr 05, 2011 Jeff rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book is a great bit of whimsy. The story centers on a zany music store customer asking for a didgeridoo and an increasingly flustered store owner who continues to insist that "No, we didgeridon't." With this basic premise, Page has wrapped each page in a rollicking funny rhyme and illustrator Sara Baker has created hilarious images to match. In particular her illustrations of the store owner, and his very expressive face our not to be missed. Lots of fun!
Behemoth
Nov 06, 2016 Behemoth rated it really liked it
The Yellow Submarine-esque artwork is a nice departure from the norm and it's a fun book to read aloud.
Siskiyou-Suzy
Do you Do a Didgeridoo? seemed fun when I leafed through it at the library, but it's not as fun as I thought. The rhyme scheme reminds me of Dr. Seuss in a frustrating way -- it strikes me as a tad unoriginal. But it's still fairly fun to read, with the repeating, "No, we didgeridon't." I remember learning about didgeridoos in elementary school, and I feel like the didgeridoo is one of those things kids learn about in relation to Australia more than makes sense. Is it that integral to Australian ...more
Luann
Dec 08, 2011 Luann rated it really liked it
Funny, busy, and colorful illustrations help tell the story of a man who wants to buy a didgeridoo. The store owner repeatedly tells him, "We didgeridon't." But the man doesn't give up and explains in great detail (using TONS of fun words that rhyme with didgeridoo) how, where, why, and with whom he plans to use the didgeridoo. This would be a great story to introduce children to some instruments with which they may not be familiar. The ending is also very funny, although I found myself just ...more
Cathy
Jul 01, 2015 Cathy rated it liked it
Shelves: children
This book gets points just for its unique subject matter - the very old but very obscure (at least for Americans) Australian aboriginal instrument. This is a melodic story that relies on a standard "refrain" throughout, making it easy for children to absorb and follow along. A fun read.
Tierra Garr
This book has very colorful illustrations! I found this because I was teaching a lesson about different types of instruments. The language they use is funny and my kids love to say the name of the instrument!
Shakita
Oct 10, 2012 Shakita rated it it was ok
Shelves: rhyming, music
This is a silly book about music. The character wants to buy a didgeridoo and play music. This book has rhyming in it and very colorful illustrations. This book could be read and we can see do the students hear the rhyming words.
Roseann
Jun 16, 2012 Roseann rated it it was amazing
Love reading this book out loud to my camp kids and making them sing the refrain. The end always catches them by surprise.
Great pictures- vibrant and whimsical that catch the eye. I take time to point things out they might miss and they don't mind because it is so musical to read! Love it!
Stephanie
Nov 25, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-slit-40
In this silly little story with a very unexpected ending, you can feel the frustration in the storekeeper as one customer repeatedly asks for a didgeridoo. This book is a great attention grabber and can be used at an elementary level to introduce a lesson on rhyming.
Sarah Kiesche
Cute book with lots of instruments. The story is great and the illustrations are awesome. They remind me of the Beatles and Sergeant Pepper. Great for discussing unfamiliar musical instruments. K-2
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
May 11, 2012 Sweet's Family Bookshelves rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Loved the intro to a new musical instrument, the rhyming, and repetition. The kids were repeating along with me even though they have never heard this book before. Awesome!
Maharshi Pingali
Maharshi Pingali rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2014
Amanda Jabin
Amanda Jabin rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2012
Jessie
Jessie rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Melissa Currier
Melissa Currier rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2013
Terran Drake
Jan 21, 2013 Terran Drake rated it it was amazing
This is a very fun and silly book.
Lindy
Lindy rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2011
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2010
Leslie
Mar 15, 2016 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
4.5 stars fun read aloud.
Jj
Jj rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2016
R.M.
R.M. rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2011
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2008
Aspasia
Aspasia rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2011
Kim Matthews
Kim Matthews rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Amie Adrian
Amie Adrian rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Amanda Derr
Amanda Derr rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2009
Amy Nicole
Amy Nicole rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
Joseph T
Jun 28, 2012 Joseph T rated it really liked it
Cute book, it was gift from a collegiate due my love for the instrument. So cute.
Nick Page lives in Oxfordshire, UK, with his wife Claire, their three daughters and a dog called Bill.

As well as writing books, he works with a number of campaign groups and NGOs. He is also a popular speaker for churches, church weekends and other events. events, etc.

His main focus is on church history – particularly the early church. Recent work includes A Nearly Infallible History of Christiani
More about Nick Page...