Start by marking “Midnight Embrace” as Want to Read:
Midnight Embrace

Midnight Embrace

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  1,372 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
For the first time in more than four centuries, a vampire's loneliness is erased by the young and beautiful Analisa, who radiates warmth and goodness. Wandering to his tomb where he takes refuge by day, she does not suspect his eyes could mesmerize her and compel her to do his bidding. Reissue.
Published February 1st 2002 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Embrace

Heather *live on coffee & flowers*
I've decided to write a new blurb for this book. I promise it will be a billion times more exciting than the book itself! Spoilers ahead. But honestly, you know how this book ends.

INNOCENCE
She was so young and beautiful, fresh as a flower, bright as a ray of light, with the guileless eyes of a newborn babe...

ANGST
But he was a monster, a dark monster with no soul, and they could never be together...

DEFILEMENT
Her virginity was a temptation and a prize, one that he could never take because she was
 ♥♥Mari♥♥
This is the second of my two favorite Amanda Ashley novels. The plot and characters are equally mesmerizing, although this book has a different feel. However, the basic conflict is the same: a lonely, tortured vampire falls in love with a young girl who is all innocence and light. One could say that this is already a hackneyed story, but Ashley somehow turns what could merely be a formulaic plot into something fresh and exciting, thus pulling her readers into the tale, inexorably keeping them th ...more
Jessica
Aug 15, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People that like shape-shifters; vampires
This is going to sound kinda funny...but my mom found this book today under her bed...and I happened to be there and I was like "Hey, can I read that!?" In a bored voice she says, "It has vampires in it," I say..."so, I don't mind vampires..." where then she responds with..."Jess, its a romance novel!" Apparently my mom still thinks I'm a little kid and cannot handle reading about vampires...but worst of all is the romance part cause everyone knows it gets all heated and such. lol.

Needless to sa
Megan
Dec 03, 2007 Megan rated it it was amazing
If you LOVED "A Darker Dream" then you will probably almost love this one better! I can't decide which one of the two I like more. I have re-read this one often too. This one has a stronger heroine, but there is a little something at the end that is upsetting, but then the VERY end is GREAT!
Chrisolu
Mar 12, 2012 Chrisolu rated it it was amazing
OMG this is my first Amanda Ashley book. I've read a handful of paranormal authors and I think Amanda Ashley just might be my favorite. Her novels are good without being overly dramatic. I just wish she would write the coupling of her characters with more "action".
Amber
Oct 18, 2010 Amber rated it it was amazing
This book was the first book by Amanda Ashley that I have read years ago and the story was mezmerizing! It encoraged me to read other related books.
Mark
Feb 02, 2013 Mark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Personally I felt Midnight Embrace by Amanda Ashley is a fantastic, appealing vampire novel, and I'm looking forward to reading more of the authors novels in the future.
Jenika Ioffreda
May 11, 2013 Jenika Ioffreda rated it it was ok
Ruth Violet
Tabs
Apr 02, 2012 Tabs rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Find a formula and beat it to death.

Poor girl has to live in a castle with a vampire. I already read one book by this author with the same premise, Bound by Night.

I will keep on reading to confirm that Amanda Ashley is indeed a computer program.
Julia
Oct 25, 2012 Julia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Martha Walker
Jan 19, 2016 Martha Walker rated it it was amazing
love this author have not read a book i didnt like.
Natalia
Oct 19, 2016 Natalia rated it did not like it
Nope. Just nope.
The story begins with a dying woman. But, seriously, it's hard to recognize. She's lying in a bed in a hospital, but it takes a while to understand, that it's a hospital - it could be a bed in her own house. Shouldn't there be some medical stuff? Like, I don't know, ECG? Drip? Something? Shouldn't there be a nurse?
The woman is dying because of an epidemic (no name. What a surprise. If an author had named a disease, she would have done a research). And, again, there's no sign of
Zoe Herold
Jan 20, 2017 Zoe Herold rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it

Liked the plot of this one more than the others. There were more antagonists and a lot more drama to be had.
Vittoria
Sep 19, 2012 Vittoria rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I found this book an enjoyable reading but nothing special. So I gave it 3 stars, maybe 3 and 1/2.

The plot isn't original. We have the tortured vampire who hates his status and the innocent girl who is a balm to his soul. Now, where have I heard that before? I think this book could have been so much more, but there's something that didn't call to me, I can't quite put a finger on it.

The heroine was a bit static, boring. Reading for me it's like entering a new world, a fantasy. Suddenly I'm there
Paige
Aug 08, 2014 Paige rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own, kindle, 2014-books
MIDNIGHT EMBRACE was a good read. It didn’t wow me, but it was similar to what Amanda Ashley is known for and I like that I know I will enjoy her vampire tales.

Ashley has a lot of different series and I’ve read multiple of them, so for me, when I pick up a book like this one that isn’t a romantic suspense or a shifter book, I know that the pace will be slow, the story following an obvious pattern and a happy ending.

I expect that and I enjoy that. These really hit the spot for me because I love
Paula
Jan 17, 2016 Paula rated it liked it
Enjoyed this book. It had a good storyline with more depth to it than is usually found in some paranormal romance fiction. This is a vampire/human love story. There is also danger from the protagonist vampire's past. He has a mortal (actually being a vampire he would be immortal.....) enemy in his best friend from the past who was turned the same night that Alesandro-good vampire- was turned by the same vampire. While Alesandro did not like what he had become-the antagonist-Rodrigo- embraced the ...more
Jan 28, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it
I enjoyed this paranormal historical romance set in late 1800's England. Seventeen year old Analisa Matthews is alone in the world. Her family has died from disease, and she is on her way to the same fate in a hospital bed, until she is saved by a dark stranger, Alesandro, a 400 year old vampire who can't bear to see beautiful and kind Analisa suffer. As much as Analisa comes to love Alesandro and would love to spend eternity in his arms, she's not sure she's ready to become a vampire. There is ...more
Sarah Saukerson
Oct 24, 2015 Sarah Saukerson rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Considering some people's reviews, I wasn't sure how the book would play out compared to A Darker Dream. yes, it was similar in many way, but if people can put that aside and read it for what it is (a love story), they will find it is seductive, heart-warming, and tender. It had me hooked from the first chapter. The only downfall I think was the repetitive words used to describe the characters. I can't begin to count how many times I ran across the words 'dark', 'tall', 'preternatural' and 'sedu ...more
Elizabeth
Aug 01, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
A good read, I didn't hate it but this was probably the only time I will read it. Books that I really love I usally reread several times but I don't think this book will fall on that list. Of course that is just me, don't let me deter anyone from reading it because it is still a good book. It also doesn't have the normal love at first site bit that is so common now, which is a little refreshing. I wish there was a book 2 to this to see what would happen later on but unfortunately it is left to t ...more
Regina Morris
Dec 20, 2013 Regina Morris rated it did not like it
I'm a fan of Amanda Ashley and really enjoyed her other novels, but this book fell flat for me. It was well written, the setting was great, and even the story line was okay ... I just really didn't like the main female character. I know she was young and naive, but I kept wanting something more from her. The side characters were good and I found myself more interested in them. The romance seemed weak and I just didn't see a connection between the two lovers. I'll continue to read Amanda Ashley's ...more
Gloria
Nov 03, 2009 Gloria rated it really liked it
So far the beginning is almost like Bram Stokers Dracula in so far as the trip to the castle. The wolf following the carriage and going to the grave at night becuase he was compelling her to. I think Dracula also wanted Mina to come to him willingly. I do, however, love a good vampire novel.

Loved the name Alesandro de Avallone. Sounds so mysterious. Not to mention sexy.

Okay it got good around chapter 13. I wanted to read about them walking down the isle. Would have really set it off. Other than
JoAnna
very predictable plot. it has its moments that capture you and you can relate to analisa. most of the time it was alesandro trying to make up his mind about how to deal with his newfound love-a LOT of back and forth. it was a fun, easy read (not much sophisticated language or writting) but lacked intrigue. i would not read it again.
Lita Bouquard
Jun 02, 2012 Lita Bouquard rated it liked it
A guilt ridden vamp who likes to save humans begins to have feelings for a dying girl. A sweet naive young woman finally recognizes the power of her savior. He is tortured with his desire and self loathing for needing blood. She loves him despite his shortcomings as he plays Pygmalion- even taking her to Covent Gardens- Oh wouldn't it be loverly if she became a lady and he loved her.
Beth
Aug 31, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it
Alesandro has spent 400 years alone with the Dark Curse. Analisa's family, home and village has been destroyed by illness. When Alesandro offers to save her from the illness, Analisa life, in return for what he needs to live they are faced with the challenge to find how to love eachother over Analisa world of light and Alesandro's world of Darkeness.
Anna
Jul 21, 2014 Anna rated it liked it
Hmmmm. Well, it wasn't my favorite of Amanda Ashley's novels, but it was definitely a good read to pass some time during a long road trip. I felt like the ending was a little (maybe a lot) rushed, and the characters lacked some serious personality and character development... but it wasn't a bad read.
Cheryl
Aug 02, 2011 Cheryl rated it liked it
The ending was good and the ending was good but the middle was a bit slow. I liked the characters but I got tired of them fighting the way they felt for each other. It started to get on my nerves. I would like to read more from this author.
Rhonda
Jun 03, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it
a one day read :)

Written like the gothic romances I read as a teen. the romance was not overly romantic and the sex was not graphic which I appreciated. Very gothic like Bram's Dracula with a feminine twist.
Jane
Sep 12, 2013 Jane rated it it was ok
The book was well written, plot decent- I simply could not like any of the characters. To describe them all in one word- simpering.

And because I could not like them, I could not find my usual joy in a happy ending.
Stacey Allison
Sep 18, 2015 Stacey Allison rated it liked it
This could have been a 4-5 star book. She gave in too easily and the ending left me ticked off. Sorry but he should have groveled for a while but that's just my opinion. Love scenes were a bit weak as well but I stayed entertained so it is worth the read. 3.5 stars
What's The Name o...: Vampire romance novel, older england, purple cover [s] 6 22 Jun 18, 2015 07:59PM
  • Night Bites (Mackenzie Vampires #2)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)
  • His Immortal Embrace
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)
  • When Darkness Falls (Alliance Vampires #2)
  • Just One Sip (Dark Ones, #4.5)
  • Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #1)