They Came And Ate Us: Armageddon II: The B-Movie

They Came And Ate Us: Armageddon II: The B-Movie (Armageddon #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  795 ratings  ·  12 reviews
QUIVER AT! Horrible demonic stuff oozing out of computer screens!
SHOCK HORROR! Elvis Presley pulling his face off!
GASP AT! a talking brussels sprout!
SEE! Cannibals on the rampage!
HEAR! Fido the Dog do Frankie Howerd impressions!
SEE! Rex Mundi, Rambo Bloodaxe, Deathblade Eric, Hugo Rune and a cast of millions caught up in Events Beyond Their Control!
THRILL TO! all the loose...more
Published April 1st 1992 by Corgi (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about They Came And Ate Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about They Came And Ate Us

Saoirse Sterling
Classically Rankin - running gags, puns all 'round, and at the end, well, brilliant.
John-Paul R
Aug 03, 2007 John-Paul R rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sprout lovers
They Came and Ate Us: Armageddon II, The B Movie.

It's been a while since I've read it, but this gem turned me on to the prolific talent that is Robert Rankin, one of the few people in the world who share my unique (read: seldom funny to anyone else) sense of humour. Running gags into the ground, outrageous re-writing of history, demonic conspiracies, sprout lore, plenty of toot talking and fat chewing all brought to a thrilling climactic rooftop confrontation.

It follows the adventures of Rex M...more
Joakim Bairamoglou
now how can this be better than the First cannot really say!!!but i love this one!!!i literally died laughing!!!i have to thank my wife eho bought me this as a gift!!!excellent!!!!
James Barnard
Another winner from Robert Rankin. The sequel to Armageddon: The Musical, this series is more outlandish and fantastical than the more grounded Brentford novels. Well, for outlandish, read “downright bonkers” at times, although there’s a method in the madness, and a strong moral code. After all, having characters from the future passing judgement on our own lives and times is a solid way of exposing the shortfalls of the age.

The world may shatter in the stories here, but the books themselves won...more
Tim Schneider
I think this may be one of the rare instances where the sequel outshines the original. At least it did for me. I liked Armageddon: The Musical quite a bit. I liked this one better. From start to finish.

This is Rankin at his maddest. And most importantly, and hilariously, he doesn't just break the fourth wall, he smashes it to dust, bakes it in to a cake and then dices it in to little pieces.

I couldn't get enough of Rex and Elvis battling the Anti-Christ while Deus Ex Machina-man constantly set...more
Adam Sprague
Nowhere near as funny as the first, and quite confusing as well. However Rankin still makes this an enjoyable read, despite it being worse than the first in the series. Looking forward to reading the third installment.
Mollie
Feb 27, 2009 Mollie marked it as wishlist
They Came and Ate Us: Armageddon II: The B-Movie (Armageddon) by Robert Rankin (1992)
Gillian Taylor
More Hugo Rune madness, Rex confusion & sprouts...love it.
Richard
childish silliness but diverting fun
Joey
Confusing and surreal, but good.
Dinah
Confusing, to say the least.
Nancy Laney
Sep 01, 2013 Nancy Laney added it
Shelves: fiction
Armageddon II: The B-Movie
Jaz
Jaz marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
David Calderwood
David Calderwood marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Sonal
Sonal added it
Aug 25, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
  • Odds And Gods
  • A Tourist Guide to Lancre: A Discworld Mapp
  • Colony
  • Discworld Companion
"When Robert Rankin embarked upon his writing career in the late 1970s, his ambition was to create an entirely new literary genre, which he named Far-Fetched Fiction. He reasoned that by doing this he could avoid competing with any other living author in any known genre and would be given his own special section in WH Smith."
(from Web Site Story)

Robert Rankin describes himself as a teller of tall...more
More about Robert Rankin...
The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse The Antipope The Brentford Triangle Armageddon: The Musical East of Ealing