Start by marking “Forever in Texas” as Want to Read:
Forever in Texas

Forever in Texas

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  7 reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author of the Harmony McLain and Whispering Moutain series'.

Sanford Colston left his hometown of Saints Roost to hire its school a new teacher—but instead found himself stuck at the Dallas train station, robbed of the clothes off his back. It was clear to Ford that this thief wasn't your ordinary outlaw—and he was right. Hannah was a be
Published September 1st 1995 by Jove (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Forever in Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever in Texas

This would have been a 5 star read if the author didn't let a simple misunderstanding from the beginning of the book go on and on until dang near the last few pages of the story! Other than that, I really enjoyed this book. Ford, the hero, was a big, sweet teddy-bear. I wish Hannah would have just told him what the heck was going on. I never really bought her reasoning for keeping him in the dark. But all in all I liked the story. Jodi Thomas does the quiet, reclusive western hero very well!
Star
Personally didn't like the "ugly", socially awkward, -thinks thoughts of passionately wanting a woman makes him a feak and wild man,- Hero.

Also didn't buy the "keep him in the dark about men out to kill me, since that would be dangerous, yet not telling him so he can be prepared to defend me/him makes perfect sense."

This is the second Jodi Thomas book that I've read. Really liked the first but not this one.

Cissy
The way the characters get together is funny. I enjoyed this story very much.
Dorothea
Sweet story

Though I only gave this book three stars it's was only for the lack of more detail with the characters and lack of excitement.The story though was VERY SWEET over all and kept me reading to the end.(A little FYI Jodi Thomas books just get better over the years ! )
Jarizona
Jun 26, 2011 Jarizona rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone that likes good stories without a lot of "heavy" drama
Shelves: thomas-jodi
This is the classic good romance, historical or not. (Just a good story all the way around.) Strong, solitary, wounded hero meets life-wise, self-sufficient. kind and caring heroine who's in a bind. Great supporting characters, lots of everyday life and feelings, a villain in the background to add spice, and away you go.

I've read several times. One of those you'll get to thinking about this scene or that line from the story and next thing you know your reading it again just because you like them
Kade
Oh how I love these books. I don't know if it is because they are set in the area I live or because of the way her writing sucks me into the characters’ lives. This one once again was a fantastic read.
Dixie
May 21, 2013 Dixie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: liked
Ok, but definitely not my favorite Jodi Thomas. The hero's sister was just obnoxious with no redeeming qualities.
robin
robin marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Maayan
Maayan added it
May 10, 2015
Dobby0390
Dobby0390 marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Sherry Swindle
Sherry Swindle marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Blair Waldorf
Blair Waldorf marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Aislinn
Aislinn marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Meddi
Meddi marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
  • A Rogue in Texas (Rogues in Texas, #1)
  • Redemption
  • His Secondhand Wife
  • Brides of Prairie Gold (Dangerous Men, #2)
  • Laurel (Seven Brides, #4)
  • Blue Moon (The Runaways, #3)
  • The Way Home
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Libby's London Merchant (Nesbitt, #1)
20273
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
More about Jodi Thomas...
The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1) Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1) When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2) A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3) Texas Rain (Whispering Mountain, #1)