Start by marking “Summer's Child & Summer of Roses” as Want to Read:

Summer's Child & Summer of Roses

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  387 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
An exclusive 2-in-1 Book Club Edition
Published 2005 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Summer's Child & Summer of Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer's Child & Summer of Roses

Sandcastles by Luanne RiceSeven Year Switch by Claire CookSummer House by Nancy ThayerThe Beach House by Mary Alice MonroeSilver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand
Books on the beach
17th out of 53 books — 13 voters
The Edge of Winter by Luanne RiceDance With Me by Luanne RiceBlue Moon by Luanne RiceHome Fires by Luanne RiceThe Perfect Summer by Luanne Rice
Best of Luanne Rice
32nd out of 44 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Linda
Aug 10, 2009 Linda rated it really liked it
A good quick read where two books are combined in one edition. I learned about verbally and emotionally abused women in this book. LuAnn really describes the men who manipulate the women with realistic wording and action. Something I did not understand was the character development of the two little girls who seem very happy and alive since they left the abusive situation. And surprise...surprise women heal women and tow of the abused women married the same abuser!
Amy
Dec 26, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
I thought both of these books were good, especially the way they intertwined together, it almost made is seem as it was one book. I was glad everything worked out for Lily and Marisa in the end, the only part of the book that didn't make sense is how people would have believed Edward, that he was a wonderful husband, if more than one woman is afraid of him, and if a woman told people that her husband tried to kill her, then why wouldn't they believe her? Also, if Edward tried to kill Lily(Marisa ...more
Laurel Bradshaw
Book Description of Summer's Child (from Amazon.com)
From Luanne Rice, the celebrated author of Beach Girls and many other New York Times bestsellers, comes this powerful novel of a mystery, a love affair, and a bond that cannot be broken set in a seaside town where miracles are made...

On the first day of summer, Mara Jameson went out to water her garden–and was never seen again. Years after her disappearance, no one could forget the expectant mother whose glowing smile had captured the heart of
Lucy
Jul 21, 2008 Lucy rated it it was ok
I have been in a major summertime rut. Even coming on Goodreads depresses me because it seems like everyone is reading, and reading well, and I either have no time, or attention span, because I just can't get through a book! In a desperate attempt to get back in the game, I checked out an old favorite, Luanne Rice, to see if I could get the novel reading juices flowing again.

Unfortunately, I picked up a two-for-one deal, and while the stories were connected, the whole effect was unsatisfying. I
Lueann Sawyer
Jul 13, 2014 Lueann Sawyer rated it it was amazing
these books touched on a very important topic...domestic violence in all its forms. A man nor a woman has to hit you to be abuse. enjoyed the plot twist and turns in these books. great read and infirnative
Barbara
Jul 30, 2015 Barbara rated it really liked it
Started off a little flat, but then moved along. I was glad to have the second book already attached in the back. Overall a great story of how a woman, or women, overcome the monster abusers in their lives and move on.
Toni May
a great book.
Natalie Omer
May 17, 2010 Natalie Omer rated it liked it
This is a fictional story about a woman who was in an abusive marriage. She found the courage to leave when her husband kept "accidentally" bumping into her making her fall while 8 months pregnant. She knew the only way to leave was to disappear. She changed her name and left her friends and grandmother, who raised her. She was eventually thought to be dead. It was a good book. A relatively clean, easy read...just a little too mushy, mushy for me....
Stephanie
Sep 10, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was ok
The second book in this 2 book series was the better of the two books. I didn't really care for how the author wrote the first book. She would start to tell you what the big secret was and then she'd stop. She did this a few times and I got frustrated with it. I wish she had gone a little more into a few of the other details, but over all, it was okay.
Michele
Jul 08, 2011 Michele rated it really liked it
This was 2 books in one, about the same charachters. The charachters were likeable. It was a story about women who escape from abusive relationships and how they move on. It had some interseting twists throughout.
TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library
Patron Review:
About two women, each with a child the same age, running from a sociopath husband. Written with such understanding and such love.
Agi
Sep 06, 2010 Agi rated it liked it
Shelves: english-books
Baru baca yang summer's child aja sih. Lumayan menarik. Cerita yang mengajarkan cara survive dan mengajarkan keberanian untuk melepaskan diri.
Francesca
Aug 31, 2010 Francesca rated it it was amazing
It's really amazing!! Love it!! I want to read start on Summer of Roses! I really squeal with that.
Jyoti Singh
Sep 20, 2008 Jyoti Singh rated it it was amazing
love love love...definately cant say it enough..get the whole summer series
Mar 27, 2008 Laura rated it it was amazing
Sequel to Summer of Roses. See Summer of Roses.
Xavy
May 18, 2008 Xavy rated it really liked it
great books---i love the message.
Judycadden
Judycadden rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Mrs Borden
Mrs Borden rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Rebekah Grace
Rebekah Grace rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Ginger Mcclintick
Ginger Mcclintick rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Sofia Enhorning
Sofia Enhorning marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Sharon Samms
Sharon Samms marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Terra
Terra marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
April Vaughn
April Vaughn rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
JoAnne Glazer
JoAnne Glazer rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
  • Fool Me Once
  • Succubus Takes Manhattan (Succubus, #2)
  • How the Other Half Hamptons
  • Then Came Heaven
  • High Plains Tango
  • Time's Daughter
  • Bunco Babes Tell All
  • The Secret Lives of the Kudzu Debutantes (Kudzu Debutantes, #2)
  • A Light at Winter's End (Cedar Springs #3)
  • Model Student: A Tale of Co-eds and Cover Girls
  • Beyond the Blonde
  • Maggy's Child
  • Looking for Peyton Place
  • Rise and Walk: The Trial and Triumph of Dennis Byrd
Luanne Rice is the New York Times bestselling author of thirty-two novels including THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF SISTERS, her first YA novel. Five of her books have been made into movies and mini-series, many have been New York Times bestsellers and two of her pieces have been featured in off-Broadway theatre productions. She divides her time between Southern California and the Connecticut shoreline.
More about Luanne Rice...