Start by marking “The Body Box (Cold Case Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Body Box (Cold Case Thriller, #1)

The Body Box (Cold Case Thriller #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  14 reviews
He calls it the Body Box. It's a space too small for his victims to sit up or lie down. But it's the perfect place to keep them for his games--the perfect place to watch them while they die. Bad choices and big mistakes have landed Detective Mechelle Deakes on the Atlanta Police Department's lowest rung, the Cold Case Unit. Sifting through forensic evidence and unsolved mu ...more
Published December 1st 2005 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Body Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Body Box

Haley
Very, very, very good book! It keeps you on the edge of your seat. It had a good bit of humor too. I actually found myself laughing out loud in some spots which you usually don't get with this type of book. But it also was very suspensful & the characters were believeable. A MUST READ book!
Nicole
WOW!! what a heart stopper! This book kept me guessing who the kidnapper was from the first page up until the final revealing! Not only is this book interesting it is also everything you could want from a mystery/horror novel! Awesome! The way the author developed each character was brilliant and unique. It was laugh out loud funny at some parts and extremely gruesome at others, a perfect balance of back-story and action! Can't wait to read the rest of the series!!!
Tammie
Excellent story, loved it. Every time I thought I had worked it out...the plot changed and kept me guessing right to the end!
Jaime
This was just okay. It certainly keeps you guessing, but it’s hard to have much respect for Mechelle. She’s pretty much a giant screw-up, and not in a particularly endearing way. And since you only ever see Gooch in a way that’s colored by her view, you never really feel much for him. About the best thing I can say about it is that it contains an accurate portrayal of rural/poor Southern speech patterns.
Samhazy
Was shocked to find this was written by a white man. I know that writers are supposed to be able to put themselves into another person's life but I feel this writer went a little far in certain respects in describing a black woman's life and experience. I enjoyed it but finding out that was more than a little off-putting.
Angela
Great book it had my attention from the beginning, it kept me guessing the whole time. Everytime I would have a uh-huh moment thinking I knew who the kidnapper was (like I do in most books I read). I ended up being wrong So needless to say I was totally shocked when the kidnapper/killer was revealed.
Patricia
I truly liked this book, was a twist at the end that I did not see coming. Disappointed they make the main male character so closed and uncommunicative, when in the sequel he is very articulate and caring. I prefer him that way. Otherwise a really good book.
Damon Mcmurdo
Good start to this book as it begins with mayhem and gun fire. Not too far into it but it did start well. Book was pretty good and had some places that were kind of deceptive so I did not have it solved right away.
Jetreno
Mystery -- Set in Atlanta, a serial killer is exposed due to the efforts of
a detective working on a cold case.
Nichole
I've never gotten into a Criminal Justice- type thriller, so as far as I know, it's a totally enjoyable read!
Jody
Aug 02, 2010 Jody added it
good book, new author I'll probably read her again.
Vanillahugz
Will read more of this author. Kept me guessing to the end
Brey
Its horrible what people find exciting.
Beiza
Beiza added it
Aug 29, 2015
Jed Lopez
Jed Lopez marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Bea Badana
Bea Badana marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
  • Ascension Day
  • Sleep Tight
  • Dark Screams: Volume One
  • Silent Screams
  • Frozen (Detective Ellie MacIntosh #1)
  • Bone Thief
  • Brain Dead
  • Mania
  • Watch Them Die
  • WISHBONE...Be Careful What You Wish For
  • Second Genesis
  • The Fourth Angel (Georgia Skeehan, #1)
  • The Third Wife
  • One Drop of Blood (Kel McKelvey, #1)
  • Murder in Ordinary Time (Sister Mary Helen, #4)
  • Still bleeding

Cold Case Thriller (2 books)
  • Blind Fear (Cold Case Thriller, #2)
Blind Fear (Cold Case Thriller, #2) The Box