Start by marking “Smoke Mountain (Seekers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Smoke Mountain (Seekers, #3)

Smoke Mountain (Seekers #3)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  2,528 ratings  ·  98 reviews
The Last Great Wilderness . . .

There is a place where bears can live in peace, where there is sea-ice all year, where the forests are full of prey, where flat-faces never go. Polar bears Kallik and Taqqiq, black bear Lusa, grizzly Toklo, and the shape-shifting Ujurak believe that this fabled bear paradise must be the destination of their quest. But the path they follow is
Published May 12th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Smoke Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smoke Mountain

The Darkest Hour by Erin HunterInto the Wild by Erin HunterForest of Secrets by Erin HunterFire and Ice by Erin HunterA Dangerous Path by Erin Hunter
Best Warriors and Seekers books
33rd out of 44 books — 83 voters
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHoles by Louis SacharThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanFledgling by Mark A. Cooper
Best Books for Reluctant Readers
261st out of 736 books — 1,463 voters

More lists with this book...

Kayla
This was an excellent book! Just wait until you read it.

The bear friends set off on a dangerous adventure. They will attempt to cross Smoke Mountain. There have been tales about a hunter who kills and skins bears, but is it true? Also, Smoke Mountain has been known for its allusions, and the rising smoke that comes from the Earth. But before the bears even try to get there, they must first cross the Great River. Can they all make it? Or will one bear be left behind, forever?
Camille
Smoke Mountain is the third book of Seekers. It follows three bears called Kallik, Toklo and Lusa on a journey to find The Place of Endless Ice. Kallik is a polar bear, Toklo is a brown/grizzly bear and Lusa is a black bear.

I read the first two books of the Seekers series a couple of years ago because I had read Erin Hunter's other books and really wanted to read more. I got as far as the second book and stopped for a reason I frankly don't remember and I wish I hadn't. I forgot how brilliant th
Brady Ho25659
Is there such a place of everlasting ice all year long? Toklo, Taqqiq, Ujarak, and Lusa are prepared to find out. Fed up with eating dwelling land animals, Taqqiq convinces the other bears to follow him on his quest to The Great Wilderness to feast on plump seals all year long. This book had me wanting to read more after chapters, but dull at other moments in time. However, the author makes up for this with amazing detail describing scenery and events. Overall I would recommend this book to othe ...more
Nicholas
THis book is really good, Its about three bears who have to try to get through smoke mountain. I reccomend this book for 5 through 6 graders and has bears finding the place were all bears go or try to go to have a better life./they have hard journeys through the mountains becuase of hunters and other animals . Then they finally reach a place that looks so good they think their there but are they?
Annajwong
It's kind of sad when the bear dies and when Taqquiq (I don't know haw to write it) leaves, but it's still awsome.
Zaira
Aww, this book is so sweet and pure and oh my goodness, full of wonderful things! I'm not sure if it's the best book so far, because I can't remember the first two much, but this book kept me going through the night, kept me wondering, and kept me smiling or crying or hopping mad.

The five bears have joined together and are heading for Smoke Mountain, a terrible place that no bear has ever lived to tell the tale. Except one. When he dies, they go on their journey. One leaves. The rest face the da
Ben
I think that this Seekers book was one of the fast paced ones. It had lots of fights and cliffhangers in chapters. I would want to read on and on to get to the good parts. When I finished it, I really didn't know what Erin Hunter would write about in the next book. The only hint was that Lusa had a dream and was told that she must save the wild.
In this book, Ujarak, Lusa, Tocklo, and Kallik are on the trail to the last great wilderness but have to go through the mountains where there are giant
Ashley
Sevananazari
I chose this book because since I read the first book, I might as well read the second part to it. This book is about how the bears are united at last and learn of a place they think must be the destination of their quest, but getting there means crossing the burning smoke Mountain. The mountain holds obstacles that are more treacherous than anything else they've been through. They will get to part where one of the obstacles go in different directions and the bears get separated. My favorite quo ...more
Anacca Renner

Smoke Mountain (Seekers #3)
by Erin Hunter
Fantasy
288 pages

In Smoke Mountain, Toklo, Lusa, Kallik and Ujurak venture to Smoke Mountain, where they must survive and find the other side of the mountain.

I really like this book because it reveals hidden secrets and new myths in the Seekers universe, like the giant flatface who lives in the mountain. Also heartwarming moments between the group release the tension that can build between them. Another thing is the journey through Smoke Mountain itself. I
Gitty Mandel
In this book they find an old white bear that's about to die and he tells them about smoke mountain. When they arrive at smoke mountain they had to face a lot of dangers.
Sue Mitchison
I read this book to Nina, my 9 year old daughter. It moved her to tears, laughter and every emotion in between! Very infectious to watch. Soon we'll be off to the library to get book 4. But first we're going to read Hetty Feather by Jacqueline Wilson for a bit of variety. Erin Hunter has a way of describing animal adventures that takes me back to enjoying Watership Down at a similar age to Nina.
Juanita Molina
has a great description on what going on
Samantha
Blurred right through this one in just a couple of hours. I still love this series and I am so glad I have the next book on hand now. The journey is getting more and more dangerous and taking these four bears far from an thing they have known. But the rely on each other and they are starting see big payoffs for their effort.
Alex
Erin Hunters book tell many things. One of the biggest things that the author is trying to tell us is that pollution. We are polluting all the resources in the world and in turn, the animals are now getting less and less space to live. The animals are desperate. This author is showing us to stop polluting. Do something to help the animals and not kill them. Erin Hunter symphathises with the animals and shows us this in these books by that the animals aren't really mean, they only are scared of u ...more
Chueyee Josh
This book has the action because it would be the last step to find the last great wilderness. They leave the lake and take on the journey, they encounter many human and their big construction machines. The four bears struggle to survive and have to take on dangerous paths, but the pathway star and sprits guide them. After the hard work they make it, but there journey does not feel like it's over.
Anita
In the vein of 'The Land Before Time' movie, this, the third book in the 'Seekers' series, sees the culmination of the journey of three different species of bear cubs in finding their way to the book parallel of the Great Valley. Do they survive the many encounters with flat-faces (humans), with fire-beasts (vehicles), and all the other challenges they meet along the way?
Felkaissi4
The four young bears, Toklo, Lusa, Kallik, and Ujurak are almost to there destination, the last great wilderness. all they have to do is get to the other side of smoke mountain. Many dangers lie in smoke mountain as well has humans. Will these young bears make it across in one piece.

unfairness, teamwork, isolation, collaboration, trust, love, and disagreement.

Angie Lee
I love the friendship and unity of the four bears, Toklo, Kalik, Lusa, and Ujurak. They head towards the last Great wilderness, and when one of them laggs behind, they do not leave each other. Full of adventure and this book helped me understand bear-feelings that I never had thought about, and thier struggles because of humans destroying nature for urbanization.
Claire Cooper
Dec 10, 2013 Claire Cooper rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is the Third Book in the Series and out of the three this is the most fast passed one. This group of Bears that are travailing together display the true meaning of friendship. I was a little worried around the middle of the story - but you will have to read it for yourself to figure out why. :) People will just love Lusa, Kallik, Ujurak, and Toklo.
Madeline
I had started reading the series with very high hopes. I had loved all the Warrior cat book, but I had trouble enjoying the Seeker bears. I slowly got through the first books, but when I got here I just couldn't go on. It was a big disappointment to me because I love the Erin Hunters. I'm sorry bears, I just love the cats.
Julia D
After the first and second books of the Seekers series by: Erin Hunter, I really wanted to read the third one. Let me tell you, this book did not disappoint. Ever since the three bears (and one shape shifter) went to go on an adventure, I was hooked on the series. I definitely recommend this book to you!
Ron
There are 6 books in this series. This is the third, and I'm wondering if the author knows where they are going since they don't appear to have a clear direction. I'll probably finish the series but unless it takes a turn for the better, this will be the last series I'll read from this author.
Stephanie Allen
Loved this part of the story! I'm still not sure how to feel about Taqqiq but I'm glad that Kallik finally found him. I love Ujurak but I feel like something bad might happen to him. I can't wait to see how Toklo and Lusa develop their relationship. Time for the next book!
David
it was awsome!!!#1 book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faith
This book is absolutely a page turner in the last several chapters starting with the great river! The end of this book had me whining when my teacher said time to start class, and reading until 10pm at night. I definently recommend this amazing book!
Tyler Berrian
It was a very intersting book
Lindeylove
I believe that Smoke Mountain is the most detailed and wonderful Book in the entire series; Seekers. I love this book more than anything I've ever read. It's just one of those you can read over and over again - A timeless classic.
Carter Tschumper
I just read Smoke Mountain by Erin Hunter. I loved this book, a group of bears are on a journey to a land that is like bear paradice and they run into lots of problems. If you liked the other Seekers books you would love this one.
Janika Puolitaival
Huikaisevan kaunista luontokuvausta.
smoke mountain 9 23 Sep 08, 2013 04:06PM
  • Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)
  • Swordbird (Swordbird, #1)
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 1
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

“are my light and you gide my way” 23 likes
“We've made it! This is it! Look Lusa, that's the ice — it's what I've been telling you about for so long!” 2 likes