Start by marking “Looking Through the Eyes of an Unseen Child” as Want to Read:
Looking Through the Eyes of an Unseen Child

Looking Through the Eyes of an Unseen Child

"Looking Through the Eyes of an Unseen Child" is an extremely powerful book that helps liberate the conversation and understanding of Multiple Personality Disorder, but more importantly, reminds us that there are thousands of Unseen Children walking amongst us who deserve acknowledgment.--Michelle Fraas, M.S.W.
Published August 1st 2008 by Advantage Inspirational

To ask other readers questions about Looking Through the Eyes of an Unseen Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking Through the Eyes of an Unseen Child

Aimee
Jul 08, 2013 Aimee rated it liked it
This is a hard book to rate. She is not an author. I would go so far as to say that it's not particularly well written. But it is honest, and it is brave. She manages to stare down incredibly difficult things without defensiveness or pride. I thought it was fascinating, but it was like reading an anecdote, not a piece of nonfiction literature.
Philip
Oct 31, 2008 Philip rated it liked it
I won this book from the goodreads "first-reads" program.

(Keeping in mind that 3 stars means "I liked it.")

While there were parts of the book that I found completely captivating, and there were other parts I found confusing. I attribute this to the subject matter.

Looking through the Eyes of an Unseen Child is about child abuse, but also about living with Multiple Personality Disorder. Although, in this case I'm not sure "disorder" is the right term. On the jacket flap Joy claims "I have also bee
Mary
Oct 31, 2008 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mental-health, adult
I have been thinking about this review and wondering what to say. When Book 1 ends, which is Diana's true story, I can't tell what is real and what is fantasy; I don't remember who is real and who is make believe; and I feel upset, anxious, like I am whirling. I thought about these feelings before reading the second part which contains notes, letters, drawings from other unseen children.

I believe the author brought me right into the confused and horrible world of her life as an abused little gir
Francine  Mort Habernick
Unseen Child is a book about the author's life, I expected it to be about many children and not simply the author. There are so many other books that are better that I cannot recommend anyone read this one. Diana's experience was a harrowing one but it is not unique and there is little psychological insight from an educator's perspective. I believe the tax authorities closed this foundation as it did not meet the legal definition of a proper foundation. Today, there is no Unseen Child Foundation ...more
Leticia Williams
Feb 21, 2010 Leticia Williams rated it liked it
from a young age my father and me had a similar relationship as describd in the unseen child. having met thousands of women like myself and diana who have written books we each have a similar experience and each think ours was the worst and unique. the book was a good account but not the best in terms of insightfulness. -Leticia
Leanne Holitza
Mar 13, 2012 Leanne Holitza rated it really liked it
This is a good book for CASA to read because it shows how even through horrible abuse children cling to what they know, their family. When kids are removed from the home, it is a good thing to keep in mind.
Feb 22, 2010 Sarah rated it it was ok
multiple personality disorder doubter
find it hard to believe this lady has real multiple personalities, i wonder if it is a scam to sell books like so many in the genre. i was intriqued but now i serious doubt. is mrs. joy another octomom ?

Cheryl
Nov 13, 2010 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Second book is much better than the first.
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2010
Nichole Naumann
Nichole Naumann rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2008
Jennifer Defoy
Jennifer Defoy marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2008
george
george marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2008
Abbey
Abbey marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2008
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2008
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2008
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2008
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2008
Eva Leger
Eva Leger marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2008
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2008
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2008
Mommynearest
Mommynearest marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2008
Lissie
Lissie marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2009
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2009
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2009
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2009
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 18, 2009
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
May 21, 2009
Rachal
Rachal marked it as to-read
May 31, 2009
Yuki Lawliet
Yuki Lawliet marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2009
Corie
Corie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2009
Faye
Faye marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2009
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2009
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2009
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2009
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2009
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2010
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2010
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2010
2060092
Diana Joy Albertsen
Breaking the cycle of child abuse is quite literally a life and death proposition...

Diana Joy is an author, foster parent, adopted 5 teen girls and the president of the “Unseen Child Foundation”. She had to find the strength inside herself to face her past so that she could break the cycle of pain for herself and for the children she is privileged to help everyday in her home an
More about Diana Joy...