Malachi (The Hunters, Prequel)

Malachi (The Hunters )

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A legend among his own kind…even among the Hunters, Malachi was unique. He always had been… from the beginning. Once a slave, Malachi hadn’t ever lived free, until a mysterious woman turned him into something he didn’t understand. At first he fights it, seeing it as a different kind of bondage. Then he realizes it is his destiny. Embracing that destiny could lead to freedo...more
Published (first published 2006)

Holly
This was a short story that gives us the background on Malachi. I really enjoyed it. When I finished I was all sorts of angry..until I realized Malachi's book is out. I was about to freak out on someone. I definitely recommend this if you've read the previous Hunters novels.
Lily

I must say that I was completely floored by the poetic, stunning writing of this short story. At first, I was not aware that this was based on a character that is much more expanded on in an actual series, so I must admit that the ending initially was frustrating, as there was no resolution. But now that I did find the Author's Note, it all makes more sense to me, and I understand why it was left so open. And I am eager to pick up this series.

It's pretty commendable that this character's past wa...more
Tania
"Malachi" by Shiloh Walker. A prequil to The Hunters series.

**NOTE** Should be read after "The Huntress", also a prequil to the series.

If you've been reading this series, it was so exciting to read how Malachi came to be a vampire! And if you haven't read the series, well you'll really enjoy this story as well!

Shiloh Walker takes us back in time to before Malachi became a vampire and shows us his history and background. It also tells us how he met Alys and how he becomes a Hunter.

It's longer tha...more
Nawnee
This was a great little short story about how Malachi gets turned into a vampire, and how he is so strong. I thought at first we were getting his HEA but that's actually in another book that has two hunters stories in it with one plot. This was a great read for some of the back story and we do get to meet his mate in this short story. This was a good read if you've ever wanted to know more about Malachi and why he does some of the things he does.
Theresa
Very short. In future Hunter books, Malachi is on the concil. This explains his background. It's all in Malachi's thoughts and experiences as he goes through several phases as a slave until he's changed to a vampire and found by the Hunters.

Best part: Malachi keeping Ays from running to Jacob
Wendy
Malachi is HOT!!! He is one of my favorites from this series. I'm glad I decided to read his beginning.
Michelle
Short story. I'm a long novel person. I liked the story, just wished it was longer.
Mary Lauer
I am glad I read this after Heart and Soul ... it would have been too sad otherwise.
Erotic Horizon
Malachai by SHILOH WALKER (2006)
Greeneyes Belle28
Was Really good....!!!!!
Janice
Apr 21, 2013 Janice marked it as to-read
KINDLE
KOBO
Kmwarren
Kmwarren marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Tracy Ehlers
Tracy Ehlers marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Epilogue1212
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Diana Olsen
Diana Olsen marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
  • Her Perfect Stranger (Harlequin Temptation, #878) (The Wrong Bed, #17)
  • Kisri (And the Beast, #2)
  • A Woman's Heart (Irish Castlelough Trilogy, #1)
  • More Than Words, Volume 7: Compassion Can't Wait\Someplace Like Home\What the Heart Wants
  • Tempted by His Target
  • When Tempting a Rogue (Victorian Soap Opera, #3)
  • Caterpillar (Nine Lives, #1)
  • Anything But Mine (Hearts of the South, #4)
  • Shooting Stars
  • Catch Me
  • Midnight (Dark Promises, #1)
  • Moon Lust (Moon Lust, #1)
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • Syndelle's Possession (The Angelini, #2)
  • Private Places (The Courtesan Chronicles #3.5)
  • 72 Hours (Devlin Group, #1)
  • Sage Creek (Lonesome Way #1)
  • Shadow Fall (Shadow, #2)
Hello... thanks for swinging by. I don't log into Goodreads much, so if you have questions, please visit my website to email me through my site.
Thank you!

My other me.... J.C. Daniels

Bio...

Shiloh Walker has been writing since she was a kid. She fell in love with vampires with the book Bunnicula and has worked her way up to the more...ah...serious vampire stories. She loves reading and writing anyt...more
More about Shiloh Walker...
If You Hear Her (The Ash Trilogy, #1) Fragile (Rafferty, #1) Broken (Rafferty, #2) The Missing (The FBI Psychics, #1) If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)