Start by marking “Sins of the Past” as Want to Read:
Sins of the Past

Sins of the Past

Two men bonded by love. A long forgotten secret neither knew they shared in common.

Andrew Vought is a wealthy single parent who s all but given up on love. Ryan Ward is an up-and-coming landscape architect, who s never believed true love exists.

In each other s arms, they find the love they ve sought. But can a budding new love survive the secrets both men harbor?

Warning:

Wa
Published September 18th 2007 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sins of the Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sins of the Past

Candice
Aug 28, 2012 Candice rated it really liked it

Enjoyable and sweet story with likeable characters. I liked that they didn't just jump into bed together, but got to know each other first. It is nice to see a relationship grow first.
Ami
Mar 29, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
I really don't see this as "mystery" seems the clues are there for us to get. I like Andrew and Ryan as characters and the bond they have in the form of the 9-year old girl makes this relationship special. I definitely love the part where Ryan tells Andrew that he loves him *sigh*. It's just so good.
Ali
Jun 17, 2016 Ali rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

Andrew Vought is a wealthy single parent who’s all but given up on love. Ryan Ward is an up-and-coming landscape architect, who’s never believed true love exists.

In each other’s arms, they find the love they’ve sought. But can a budding new love survive the secrets both men harbor?

Amanda Young did a great job with this short stor
Wendy Ann
Sep 19, 2010 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
I was a little worried I was going to be reading about girlie bits as I started into the prologue, but thankfully no! It does, however, set up the “mystery” that gets revealed later in the book. I thought it was done pretty well. It was a different plot and while the mystery may not be too difficult to figure out, there was still a little bit of surprise involved for me.

Andrew and Ryan were great characters. I enjoyed reading about all their interactions together and seeing their relationship gr
Rachel
May 18, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read. I think more 3.5* but had to round it up to 4. The book was good but there was something missing, I don't know what either. The storyline was good, the writing also good, the mystery was okay but from the start it was obvious what was what there. I liked how the MCs relationship built and went from insta lust to love. I wish there had been, more interaction as a three before the mystery was solved. I think it would have been more believable than just seeing one, pictu ...more
Shannon
Jun 26, 2012 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: z-pub-sep
There wasn't anything wrong with this book it just wasn't great. Forget that the premise is completely unrealistic (they should run out and buy a lottery ticket), it just didn't click with me personally. The writing was good, fast paced story, good sex but something was missing. I don't know what, but it was a cute read.
Denise Mcnamara
Jun 02, 2016 Denise Mcnamara rated it it was amazing
This is a very heart wrenching book and I couldn't put it down until I was finshed. The struggles , family ties , friendships and romance bring all the pages together to a fantastic must read story. This is the first book I have read from this author but it will not be the last
Leaundra
Jul 04, 2016 Leaundra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty good and I got where it was going from the beginning, still good though. I do wish there was an epilogue .
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

Sweet story, enjoyable read.
Ryan and Andrew fit well together, I liked the dating a bit before hopping into bed, the revelation wasn't really a shocker, at least for me.
Van
Sep 16, 2016 Van rated it really liked it
Diane

This was an interesting story with a little girl at the heart of it. A 'chance' encounter several years earlier resulted in a new life. Now, two men are faced with dealing with the aftermath.

Looking forward is the only way they'll be happy...but can they trust the other?

Really liked it!
Roro
Oct 15, 2016 Roro rated it liked it
3.5
Elisa Rolle
First of all... don't get pissed of the mistery which was not a mistery. I don't know if Amanda Young wants intentionally give us so much clue to unveal the hidden secret from the start, but she does that and so the big surprise you will have at the end of the book for me is not so big.

And so I have had the chance to indulge in something else, like the tender wooing Ryan starts with Andrew. Ryan and Andrew meet thanks to a blind date common friends organize. In the beginning Ryan thinks Andrew
Lisa1269
May 19, 2016 Lisa1269 rated it really liked it
So sweet and sexy…
A shining example of everything that can go wrong on a blind date turning into everything going so incredibly right, when Ryan meets Andrew the attraction is immediate, but these two men get so tripped up by their preconceived notions that it was almost over before it had a chance to begin. Fortunately for each other, a second chance evolves into the relationship that both had hoped for but neither had ever expected to find. I loved how they fumbled around while they were getti
Suzanne Ellis
I was given an ARC by the author in exchange for an unbaised review:
Ryan Ward and Andrew Vought are victims of a blind date setup by well meaning friends. Due to Ryan's ingrained over-sensitivity to wealthy people and their reasoning for their actions, he does not make a great impression on the first date. After thinking about it, he realizes that Andrew did not deserve to be treated like he had been, and Ryan sends flowers to smooth things over. To both their surprise, Andrew offers a second da
Tonileg
Sep 26, 2016 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Contemporary M/M romance with a weird round about secret child story line.
Andrew Vought is a wealthy single parent who is trying to jump into the dating scene for the first time since becoming the parent to his twin sister's daughter. Andrew gets set up with Ryan Ward who has a chip on his shoulder for being from a blue-collar family. The first date is quick and terrible. So they give it a second chance and love quickly follows as well a a complicated back story which was seriously not needed to
Gwen
Oct 02, 2016 Gwen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and family found!!

Ryan is gay and out but before coming out he tried it o deny it for along time. Ryan has got a child for who he quit his job to be a happy home dad. They meet on a blind date set by their closest friends. They have a terrible first blind date but Ryan sends Andrew flowers and they have a second date. Chemistry is off the charts and they are soon dating more and more. They on thier way to love when a secret crashes their relationship and puts it in danger. Will they overcom
AussieMum
Nov 03, 2016 AussieMum rated it liked it
3.5stars
No Insta-fucking or Instalove here. Just a sweet, short story about two men who get off on the wrong foot and then fall in love - with a little twist (view spoiler)

I didn't rate it higher because I thought the drama towards the end was a bit rushed. But kudos to the author for this awesome line, when Ryan realises he's in love and decides to let Andrew top him...

Always a staunch top, the barrier of his anus had yet to be breached b
Princess Smith
Good...

I really liked this story. I liked how the author didn't skip over the courtship of Katie's father. The pace was steady, the story flowed well. You get a chance to get to know Andrew and Ryan. Without going into specifics, I think some of Katie's antics were a little juvenile for a nine year old. She would have been more believable as a 5 or 6 year old. The abrupt ending was a bit of a let down. True, you learn the why and how of the situation but the what, when, where, why and how of the
Jennifer Denney
Feel good romance

A love story with a cookie cutter happily ever after ending. While good and well written I just didn't fall in love with Andrew and Ryan. It was a good story but it just could have been more.

There had to be more to Andrew and Ryan then what we got. There just wasn't a lot of depth and the ending kinda cliche.
Debbora
Loved it! Even though this book was way too short. It had substance and detail. I thought the ending was rushed. I definitely would have loved to have had more chapters on their life together as a family.
Ryoma Gartre
Jun 18, 2011 Ryoma Gartre rated it really liked it
really loved it, Andrew isn't a slut and actually thinks of his daughter denying the lust to take his mind & I loved how he breaks Ryan's playboy personality in to a committed relationship, the 2nd characters were funny and the ending is very sweet, really loved it.
Katherine Horvath
Finding true love and an addition!

Excellent Love Story! It was well written and very touching! It had its sad moments and it's Hot and Steamy Spots! I could not put it down I loved it and all the characters.
TracyG.
Dec 27, 2016 TracyG. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
A very sweet enjoyable read.
Secretly Reading
I didn't particularly care about either lead, their relationship was flat, and the sex boring.
Zane Kage
Rounded up.
Kattz
Sep 26, 2016 Kattz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

I like this book. It is well written and the characters are sweet. The trials that they go through are realistic. I look forward to reading from this author again.
Donna
Aug 13, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
Trying out some new authors....this one was a hit!!!
  • Dare To
  • Melting the Slopes
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Just For You
  • The Sound of Your Voice
A bestselling author of erotic romance, Amanda Young penned her first romance at eighteen. That novel was promptly deleted before it could traumatize innocent readers. After several years of honing her craft, Amanda went on to receive her first publishing contract in 2006.

A vivid imagination and a passion for all the things that go bump in the night has led Amanda to create provocative stories tha
More about Amanda Young...