Start by marking “Ancient Appetites (Wildenstern Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ancient Appetites (Wildenstern Saga, #1)

Ancient Appetites (Wildenstern Saga #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Nate Wildenstern's brother has been killed, and the finger is pointed at him . . . After nearly two years, eighteen-year-old Nate returns home to the family empire ruled by his father - the ruthless Wildenstern Patriarch. But Nate's life is soon shattered by his brother's death, and the Rules of Ascension, allowing the assassination of one male family member by another, me ...more
Published January 17th 2008 by Corgi Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Ancient Appetites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancient Appetites

Kat
There's been a murder in the Wildenstern family, and the fingers are pointing at Nate, our leading man, who not only wants to find his brother's killer, but must also prove his own innocence while he's at it. Busy boy. Not to mention a whole host of other distractions intent on making Nate's life really difficult.What a read!!! It's a bit slow to start, but once all the different little plot twisties and developments start to kick in, there's more than enough to keep your noggin occupied. But th ...more
Goldenwattle
I enjoyed this book, but needed to read about fifty pages until I started to. Slow beginning. I had read the second book in this series and liked that more. This book I could not score as highly, so either it isn't as good, or my tastes have changed. Still, an enjoyable read.
Lori

Slow start but once the story got going, I was hooked. I read it to get the feel for the time period, but ended up engrossed in the story and wanting to read the next book as well. The idea of engimals is simply brilliant.
Selah Bell
I enjoyed this book, but it didn't have a very good beginning. It didn't hook me in at all, but once I read further I got really interested. It is very good once it gets past the quarter mark.
Paul
Good book for kids, slow start but picks up just not sure about the final "battle" it seems a little out of place / rushed.
Ellie
I think this is a brillent , imaginative book that all ages can enjoy even if it is meant for teenagers :)
S.B. Norton
Absolutely loved this book. Fun, witty, bloodthirsty. Just wonderful steampunk.
Shahrah Alwani
Shahrah Alwani is currently reading it
Dec 07, 2014
Chibs
Chibs marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Cookie
Cookie marked it as to-read
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
James Kiely
James Kiely marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Etwolf
Etwolf marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Born in Dublin in 1973, Oisín spent his childhood there and in Drogheda, County Louth. He started writing and illustrating stories in copybooks when he was about six or seven, setting himself on a path that would steer him well clear of ever obtaining of a proper job.

Despite his writing habit, he spent most of school convinced he was going to become a zoologist, an aspiration he lost after taking
More about Oisin McGann...
Daylight Runner Small-Minded Giants Wisdom of Dead Men (Wildenstern Saga, #2) The Gods and Their Machines Strangled Silence