The Wildest Heart

The Wildest Heart

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  564 ratings  ·  24 reviews

No man can own Rowena Danger field sensuous, strong-willed lad with a fiery,unchained spirit-though many desire her. She has come to claim her birthright, foll win h r destiny to the sprawling New Mexican frontier... and to the only man who can tame restless heart.

A handsome half-Apache branded an outlaw-a rebel and renegade feared throughout the territories-Lucas Cord's

Published (first published 1974)

Shell Schroth

A tomb of Historical Romance, compulsively readable!

This was an amazing story, though not for the the faint at heart.
I was drawn to this massive book, by it's size, and genre.

This novel surprised me in so many ways. It was not what I was expecting, it surprised, and horrifed me, both in equal measures. The pages kept turning, almost on their own accord, as my blood pressure raised, and my fingernails suffered.

Rowena Dangerfield, the unwanted only daughter, of a selfish opportunist mother, and...more
Judith
I regret buying this book. There is nothing but constant misunderstandings, arguing, and deceptions. The end wasn't even rewarding enough to have put up with all of that.

I never once felt the love the two leading characters had for each other. More like lust. There is more description of the infatuation and love the hero has for his stepmother than for the heroine. That in itself was disturbing. It wasn't as though it was for a fleeting moment either. No, the stepmother was basically "the other...more
Bridget
Rowena is an independent woman. When her grandfather passes away, she finds herself being handed the duties of her grandfather. She reads a diary that belonged to her father and figures out that she is supposed to smooth things over with her family's rivals. Rowena is hot tempered, especially when conversing with the opposite sex. Will she be able to do what she is destined to or will her pride stand in her way?

I loved the dialogue in this book! Rowena reminds me a lot of myself and I was able t...more
Songül
Bu nasıl bir kurgu ve hayal gücü , keşke almasaydım diyeceğim bir kitap .. Sevmedim zaten yarısına gelmeden bıraktım . Önce üvey babasının tecavüzü ardından babasının ortağının sarkıntılığı ve kadın karakterin ruhsuzluğu ...daha ne diyebilirim ki uyarıları dikkate alsaydım keşke diyorum sadece :((
HÜLYA
Kitap Adı: İçimdeki Fırtına
Yazar Adı : Rosemary Rogers
Orjianl Adı : The Wildest Heart
Goodreads Puanı : 5/3,82
Puanım 5/4

Offff be ne romandı...Şoklardayım..Uzun zamandır okuduğum en sert roman..Tarihsel ve romantik bir kitap okumayı hedefliyorsanız bu kitaptan uzak durun. Çok acı var bu romanda. Beni sevdiğim bir tarz değildi.Yıllar önce Lesley Pearse''in bir kitabı Beni hatırla romanını hatırlattı bana..Bu kadar sert bulmama elimden fırlatıp atma isteğime karşın elimden de bırakamadım.
Her zaman t...more
Tonya
Oct 23, 2011 Tonya rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bodice ripper lovers
Recommended to Tonya by: Aunt Char
Well I had to walk away from this one before I wrote anything about it other than my status updates while reading.

I read this book because while talking to my Aunt she mentioned her favorite author and recommended I read her book(s). I picked this one since it was one of few currently in print on the book store shelf. I'm not sure if it was such a good idea. I do have to admit that when I was in my teens I was guilty of stealing my Mom's bodice ripper romances from the '70's & '80's but I g...more
Bookworm
Miss Rowena Dangerfield is raised in India by her grandfather. Her father Guy, brought her to India when she was just a baby. Rowena's mother, Fanny, divorces Guy and leaves to London. When she is 18, Rowena is sent to live in London with her mother, whom she is not close to and her stepfather. Once in London, Rowena's stepfather, Sir Edgar, takes advantage of Rowena and she winds up being his mistress. Rowena winds up going to the New Mexico to claim the inheritance her father left for her. Whi...more
Jill Dunlop
The Wildest Heart is a sweeping, epic historical written by the famous romance author Rosemary Rogers. She is probably best known for Sweet Savage Love, one of the first romance books that gets talked about time and again.

The Wildest Heart is narrated by Lady Rowena Dangerfield. She grew up in India with her grandfather the Earl of Melchester, an unconventional man who believed Rowena should be given the same education as a man. To say Rowena is an unusual young woman is an understatement. The...more
Jaime Huff
Nov 08, 2009 Jaime Huff rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of historical romance
Recommended to Jaime by: Sourcebooks
A sweeping, beautiful epic romance, "The Wildest Heart" by Rosemary Rogers kept me entranced throughout 739 pages. Yes, 739 pages. Beginning in 1872 with Rowena in India, onto 1873 when upon her grandfather's death she is sent to her mother's (whom she has never met) in London, and off to America upon her finding out her father is dying and has left her his ranch in New Mexico and a very wealthy woman. These pages take you through her life to 1878 without disappointing and no obnoxious down time...more
Abby Dawson
Part way through this book and I'm not sure I'll bother finishing! The plot is so convoluted I can't remember who has a vendetta against who, Rowena is very scatty and Todd basically a bully. I've read another of the authors' novel a few years back and it was great, this is average at best.
Nicola O.
I loved this book! It's a re-release of the 1974 original, and it's just a wonderful reminder of all the things that hooked me on the romance genre years ago.

It's not for everyone -- it's very long (which I love) and can be a bit of a slow read. If you like Gabaldon and "epic" scoped historicals, you should definitely give it a try.

See my full review at Alpha Heroes.
Regan
Since I'm not a fan of first person writing I was prepared not to enjoy this book. Boy am I wrong! There is something about Ms. Rogers' heroes that have them linger in your mind and thoughts for days after the final page is read. This book, written in 1974 was new to me and I wondered how I managed to miss it until now.
Blaze King
These 3 stars is for the writing power of Rosemary Rogers. In spite of absolutely hating the hero and the circumtances surrounding the heroine, i couldn't put down the book !
The truth about a woman's status during those times are abhorable - especially one without a male to protect her.
Hazel
The date is approximate. I read this books and the rest of her books when they first came out and loved them all. I am totally excited to see them in eBook form.

Can't wait to re-read it.
An extremely well written book that unfortunately was not one I cared for. If one likes a good historical estern romance novel, this may be the book for you.
Monique
This book ended up being really good, but, it was soooo looonnggg...It took me forever to finish it...
Linda
Steamy bodice-ripper. At the time they were like potato chips - couldn't read just one.
Mary
This book has the same book cover, ect.
But a different isbn 0-380-39461-8
Brandy *Ahviel*
I am having a hard time putting into words I how felt about this book
Amy
"I don't have the knack for taking feelings apart and weighing them."
Marilyn
My favorite of all of her books. Written in the 70's.
Reader17 Der
Loved this book. I enjoyed reading it!
Dawn
Loved this book will read it again
What's The Name o...: Looking for old Romance book [s] 3 48 Aug 27, 2011 07:54AM
  • Never Call It Love
  • The Copeland Bride
  • Love Wild and Fair
  • The Raven and the Rose
  • Bride of the Wind
  • Captive Passions (Captive, #1)
  • Island Flame (Pirates, #1)
  • Enchantress
There is more than one author with this name

Rosemary Jansz Navaratnam Rogers Kadison

Rosemary Jansz was born on 7 December 1932 in Panadura, Ceylon (now known as Sri Lanka), she was the oldest child of Dutch-Portuguese settlers, Barbara "Allan" and Cyril Jansz. Her father was a wealthy educator who owned three posh private schools. She was raised in colonial splendor: dozens of servants, no work, s...more
More about Rosemary Rogers...
Sweet Savage Love (Morgan-Challenger, #1) Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3) Dark Fires (Morgan-Challenger, #2) Lost Love, Last Love (Morgan-Challenger, #4) Bride for a Night