Start by marking “The Rescuers (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)” as Want to Read:
The Rescuers (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

The Rescuers (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  662 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Published August 12th 1977 by Random House (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about The Rescuers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rescuers

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth GrahameMrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'BrienThe Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. LewisCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhitePrince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
Best Books Featuring Rodents
47th out of 131 books — 49 voters
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. LewisThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisFlowers for Algernon by Daniel KeyesOf Mice and Men by John SteinbeckPrince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
Books featuring mice and rats
27th out of 68 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Manny

description

description

For reasons too complicated to explain, Not recently received a French DVD of The Rescuers as a birthday present. She was somewhat nonplussed, and I tried to explain that it was a treat for anyone who had an ounce of romance in their soul, worth it just for the flying scene with "Tomorrow is Another Day". I told her that the lovely Miss Bianca - surely the sexiest mouse in movie history - was voiced by the late, great Eva Gabor, and showed her pictures. But Not was still very sceptical.

This morn
Alistair Parker
it was about two mice.save a girl

Dharia Scarab
Dec 09, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Nicole
Sep 08, 2015 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: edrd-314
The "Rescuers" is an entertaining and adventurous story about two mice that must go on an adventure to save a young girl named Penny from her captors, Medusa and Snoops. Based off the movie, the book's length is perfect for young readers with the addition of captivating illustrations that aid in the telling of the story. The portrayal of good versus evil is also very apparent, as each character is clearly represented and grouped into one category or the other. Overall, this short read's simple v ...more
David Sarkies
Jan 06, 2015 David Sarkies rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
A book that doesn't do the film justice
17 Nov 2013

This is the book adaptation of the film of the same name (no doubt released around the same time) however I don't remember it – at all. As is typical of Disney films we have a couple of animals that go off and help a little girl that has somehow been imprisoned by a mean and nasty woman and her stupid male sidekick (why are the males always stupid when you have an evil woman, and come to think of it, why are all the villains women – the villain
Rachel
Aug 14, 2015 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: children, 2015
This is a fair adaptation of the Disney movie, so if you enjoyed the film, then you will certainly like this. The illustrations are faithfully rendered and the color beautifully matches my memory of The Rescuers. Bernard and Bianca bravely set forth to rescue the orphan Penny, and children will cheer as they overcome obstacles and save the day. Recommended.
Laura Elizabeth
Jun 03, 2014 Laura Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
My parents are divorced, and as a child we’d spend a lot of time at my grandparents. They were and are big readers, who encouraged us to do the same. This was one of the many books they had for us as kids, and I won’t tell you it’s a favorite, but its memorable after nearly 20 years. Worth reading to your kids!
Karen
Aug 31, 2015 Karen rated it it was ok
The Rescuers was pretty exciting for a Disney movie. This book, however, is not at all exciting, not even for a Disney book.
Angela Pezel
Nov 08, 2015 Angela Pezel rated it liked it
Eh, I love mice! This was an awesome book when I was little. Kinda less satisfying as an adult, but the mice are cute!
Kateřina
Napínavý příběh dvou myších detektivů Bernarda a Bianky, kteří zachraňují holčičku z rukou chamtivé ženy.
Christina
Jul 15, 2015 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book version of the Disney film.
Josiah
May 28, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
"Maybe we ARE small, but if we small ones work together, who knows what will happen?"

—Ellie Mae, "The Rescuers"

This book will suffer in comparison to the movie, which in my view is one of the most sensitive, wonderful creations in Disney history; nonetheless, this very short adaptation of the movie is good for what it is. I enjoyed reading it much more than I would enjoy most similar synopsis picture books.
Karen
Aug 14, 2014 Karen rated it liked it
Disney is not my favorite anymore...it just seems to be a recap of a movie, when it comes to the books. They tend to leave out the character building parts of the movie and focus on storyline only, which is becoming annoying to me. What is the point of a story without some kind of a message? The message in this one is mice can help people.
Logan Walker
This is a great book that my grandma used to read to me when I was younger. I was very young when I was introduced to Bernard and Beonca(main characters), but I will never forget them. This book allows the reader to use different voices to make for a great read for a young child. The book is adventurous and attention grasping and has a great movie to go along with it.
Mikana
Oct 08, 2015 Mikana rated it really liked it
One my favourite stories growing up, which I enjoyed just as much the 2nd time round with my own loved ones.
Adam Hardesty
Apr 08, 2013 Adam Hardesty rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorites when I was little. The book also goes along with the Walt Disney movie of the same name. This could help children visualize more about the characters while reading the book.
Barbara S
I don't particularly like these books, I don't see why they need to make a book if there's a film.
Tara Calaby
I used to own this one as a kid, but don't really have much of a memory of it.
Lauren
Sep 18, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Super cute story with a lot of action and adventure. I loved the characters
Annie
Jan 18, 2014 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My absolute favorite book as a kid; poor penny :(
Angela Barakat
I read this with both my children.
Stephanie
Jul 20, 2016 Stephanie rated it liked it
A great children's book
Kenneth Flores
Oct 09, 2013 Kenneth Flores rated it it was amazing
A very classic Disney story.
Jada
May 31, 2010 Jada rated it really liked it
fantastic
Kenneth Flores
Jul 17, 2012 Kenneth Flores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it!
Quarterturn
Quarterturn marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Dinorah Roca
Dinorah Roca rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
S
S rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Cristiane
Cristiane rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
  • The Nutcracker
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Mickey Mouse's Picnic
  • Disney's Aladdin (Disney Classic Series)
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • Donald Duck's Toy Sailboat
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Dumbo (Little Golden Book)
  • Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)
  • Toy Story 2: A read-aloud storybook
  • The Little Duck
  • Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do
  • The Lion King
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias ”Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney's Wonderful World of Reading (1 - 10 of 176 books)
  • Across the Big Country: An Alphabet Adventure with Donald Duck
  • Brer Rabbit and His Friends (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 13)
  • The Brave Little Tailor (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 18)
  • Goofy's Gags (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, 19)
  • The Emperor's New Groove
  • One Hundred and One Dalmatians
  • 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • 102 Dalmatians (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin And His Wonderful Lamp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)