Start by marking “The Rescuers (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)” as Want to Read:
The Rescuers (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

The Rescuers (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  449 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Published August 12th 1977 by Random House (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about The Rescuers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rescuers

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. LewisThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisFlowers for Algernon by Daniel KeyesOf Mice and Men by John SteinbeckPrince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
Books featuring mice and rats
26th out of 66 books — 18 voters
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth GrahameMrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'BrienThe Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. LewisCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
Best Books Featuring Rodents
98th out of 115 books — 41 voters

More lists with this book...

Manny

description

description

For reasons too complicated to explain, Not recently received a French DVD of The Rescuers as a birthday present. She was somewhat nonplussed, and I tried to explain that it was a treat for anyone who had an ounce of romance in their soul, worth it just for the flying scene with "Tomorrow is Another Day". I told her that the lovely Miss Bianca - surely the sexiest mouse in movie history - was voiced by the late, great Eva Gabor, and showed her pictures. But Not was still very sceptical.

This morn
Dharia Scarab

Myself, I go ou
David Sarkies
A book that doesn't do the film justice
17 Nov 2013

This is the book adaptation of the film of the same name (no doubt released around the same time) however I don't remember it – at all. As is typical of Disney films we have a couple of animals that go off and help a little girl that has somehow been imprisoned by a mean and nasty woman and her stupid male sidekick (why are the males always stupid when you have an evil woman, and come to think of it, why are all the villains women – the villain
Rachel
This is a fair adaptation of the Disney movie, so if you enjoyed the film, then you will certainly like this. The illustrations are faithfully rendered and the color beautifully matches my memory of The Rescuers. Bernard and Bianca bravely set forth to rescue the orphan Penny, and children will cheer as they overcome obstacles and save the day. Recommended.
Laura Elizabeth
My parents are divorced, and as a child we’d spend a lot of time at my grandparents. They were and are big readers, who encouraged us to do the same. This was one of the many books they had for us as kids, and I won’t tell you it’s a favorite, but its memorable after nearly 20 years. Worth reading to your kids!
Karen
The Rescuers was pretty exciting for a Disney movie. This book, however, is not at all exciting, not even for a Disney book.
Christina
This is book version of the Disney film.
Josiah
"Maybe we ARE small, but if we small ones work together, who knows what will happen?"

—Ellie Mae, "The Rescuers"

This book will suffer in comparison to the movie, which in my view is one of the most sensitive, wonderful creations in Disney history; nonetheless, this very short adaptation of the movie is good for what it is. I enjoyed reading it much more than I would enjoy most similar synopsis picture books.
Karen
Disney is not my favorite anymore...it just seems to be a recap of a movie, when it comes to the books. They tend to leave out the character building parts of the movie and focus on storyline only, which is becoming annoying to me. What is the point of a story without some kind of a message? The message in this one is mice can help people.
Logan Walker
This is a great book that my grandma used to read to me when I was younger. I was very young when I was introduced to Bernard and Beonca(main characters), but I will never forget them. This book allows the reader to use different voices to make for a great read for a young child. The book is adventurous and attention grasping and has a great movie to go along with it.
Adam Hardesty
This was one of my favorites when I was little. The book also goes along with the Walt Disney movie of the same name. This could help children visualize more about the characters while reading the book.
Barbara S
I don't particularly like these books, I don't see why they need to make a book if there's a film.
Annie
My absolute favorite book as a kid; poor penny :(
Angela Barakat
I read this with both my children.
Shadow
A great children's book
Kenneth Flores
A very classic Disney story.
Jada
fantastic
Hui Sharon
Hui Sharon marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Tanja
Tanja added it
Aug 18, 2015
  • Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Mickey Mouse's Picnic
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • Mother Goose (Little Golden Book)
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Dumbo (Little Golden Book)
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • Mister Dog:  The Dog Who Belonged to Himself (Little Golden Book)
  • The Animals' Christmas Eve
  • Disney's Aladdin: Little Golden Book
  • The Little Rabbit
  • The Bears' Vacation
  • Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney's Wonderful World of Reading (1 - 10 of 174 books)
  • One Hundred and One Dalmatians
  • 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • 102 Dalmatians (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Across the Big Country: An Alphabet Adventure with Donald Duck
  • Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin And His Wonderful Lamp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin and the Sly Magician (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • The Brave Little Tailor (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 18)
  • Brer Rabbit and His Friends (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 13)
Dumbo: A Little Golden Book Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Little Golden Book) Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) Bambi (Disney Bambi) Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)