Start by marking “The DD Group: An Online Investigation Into the Death of Marilyn Monroe” as Want to Read:
The DD Group: An Online Investigation Into the Death of Marilyn Monroe

The DD Group: An Online Investigation Into the Death of Marilyn Monroe

4.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  27 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
From January through October 2003, a group of individuals engaged in an in-depth discussion of the death of one of the 20th century's most beloved figures, Marilyn Monroe. The result is "The DD Group," the highly detailed work of author David Marshall. It chronicles Monroe's final day and her tragic and puzzling demise. Using available information including police reports, ...more
Published March 16th 2005 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about The DD Group, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The DD Group

Sidney
Sep 04, 2008 Sidney rated it it was amazing
If you are truly interested in how Marilyn died this is the book to read. I have read every book, seen every documentary, and this has been, by far, the best MM researched book of all.
Rae Ganci Hammers
Jun 16, 2014 Rae Ganci Hammers rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
The DD Group set out to conduct what was essentially a massive lit review of the circumstances surrounding Marilyn Monroe's death. What they accomplished was - in my opinion - a well researched, well documented, open-minded, and thoughtful compilation and I was totally enthralled by it.

They began by constructing a probable timeline using biographies and research from others - taking into consideration where the info was coming from, where is was appearing for the first time, and what motivation
David Wayne
Jul 11, 2012 David Wayne rated it it was amazing
This is a great book and for a number of reasons. Unlike most books on the topic, it approaches ALL of the evidence on Marilyn's death from a open-minded standpoint. It examines ALL of the evidence fairly and in great detail. It compiles all the varied opinions on Marilyn's death and weighs their evidence, as well as their potential motives, in an extremely professional manner. Furthermore, it summarizes the findings of dozens of books which have been written about Marilyn, comparing them, as we ...more
Tee Bylo
Aug 03, 2012 Tee Bylo rated it it was amazing
Having been a HUGE Marilyn Monroe fan for many years, I have read and have re-read the most outrageous stories concerning her sad demise. I came across this book on and being the curious person that I am, I bought it and I am very pleased that I did!

The book is very readable and the "on-line" investigators are Marilyn fans and they very generously share their thoughts and ideas as to the history and myth of Marilyn's last day in a way that is plausible and interesting.

A great book and one that I
Marla
Jul 18, 2015 Marla rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Marilyn Monroe fans
I found this to be very interesting and informative on the subject of Marilyn Monroe's death. Anyone who is a Marilyn fan, and has any intereset in what may have happened on Aug 4, 1962, will find an enormous wealth of information in this book.I would recommend reading this book.
Julie_ian_curtis
this is very very detailed - i can see non marilyn obsessives saying 'wtf this shit is boring?' if you are interested in the case this is compelling.
Katheryn Morgan
I just started this book
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Lorena
Lorena marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Rita Palen
Rita Palen marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Angela Masone
Angela Masone is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2016
Ami
Ami rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Justine Henrickson
Justine Henrickson marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Miranda Sharp
Miranda Sharp marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
barbarafrieberg
barbarafrieberg is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2016
Anna Benchimol
Anna Benchimol marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Sarah Panther
Sarah Panther marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Tamika Guevara
Tamika Guevara marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Skylar
Skylar marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Cory
Cory marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Jan Casto
Jan Casto rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
Swena
Swena marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Paige West-Fisher
Paige West-Fisher marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Jessica Wang
Jessica Wang marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015