The DD Group: An Online Investigation Into the Death of Marilyn Monroe

The DD Group: An Online Investigation Into the Death of Marilyn Monroe

4.64 of 5 stars 4.64  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  6 reviews
From January through October 2003, a group of individuals engaged in an in-depth discussion of the death of one of the 20th century's most beloved figures, Marilyn Monroe. The result is "The DD Group," the highly detailed work of author David Marshall. It chronicles Monroe's final day and her tragic and puzzling demise. Using available information including police reports,...more
Published March 16th 2005 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about The DD Group, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The DD Group

Sidney
If you are truly interested in how Marilyn died this is the book to read. I have read every book, seen every documentary, and this has been, by far, the best MM researched book of all.
Rae Ganci Hammers
The DD Group set out to conduct what was essentially a massive lit review of the circumstances surrounding Marilyn Monroe's death. What they accomplished was - in my opinion - a well researched, well documented, open-minded, and thoughtful compilation and I was totally enthralled by it.

They began by constructing a probable timeline using biographies and research from others - taking into consideration where the info was coming from, where is was appearing for the first time, and what motivation...more
David Wayne
This is a great book and for a number of reasons. Unlike most books on the topic, it approaches ALL of the evidence on Marilyn's death from a open-minded standpoint. It examines ALL of the evidence fairly and in great detail. It compiles all the varied opinions on Marilyn's death and weighs their evidence, as well as their potential motives, in an extremely professional manner. Furthermore, it summarizes the findings of dozens of books which have been written about Marilyn, comparing them, as we...more
Marla
Feb 06, 2014 Marla rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Marilyn Monroe fans
I found this to be very interesting and informative on the subject of Marilyn Monroe's death. Anyone who is a Marilyn fan, and has any intereset in what may have happened on Aug 4, 1962, will find an enormous wealth of information in this book.I would recommend reading this book.
Tee Bylo
Having been a HUGE Marilyn Monroe fan for many years, I have read and have re-read the most outrageous stories concerning her sad demise. I came across this book on and being the curious person that I am, I bought it and I am very pleased that I did!

The book is very readable and the "on-line" investigators are Marilyn fans and they very generously share their thoughts and ideas as to the history and myth of Marilyn's last day in a way that is plausible and interesting.

A great book and one that I...more
Katheryn Morgan
I just started this book
Tara
Tara is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2014
Isabelle
Isabelle marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Dessy
Dessy marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Heather Purchase
Heather Purchase marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Alessandro Monetti
Alessandro Monetti marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Wickstrom
Wickstrom marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Marnie
Marnie marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Only H
Only H marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Iroulito91
Iroulito91 marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Jay Urquhart-pettifer
Jay Urquhart-pettifer marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014