Start by marking “Bridgman's Complete Guide To Drawing From Life” as Want to Read:
Bridgman's Complete Guide To Drawing From Life

Bridgman's Complete Guide To Drawing From Life

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  3,812 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
It's the largest, most comprehensive, most authoritative guide to life drawing ever published...and it is now in paperback for the first time ever! Over 1,000 fine illustrations of the human anatomy appear in a single volume, accompanied by detailed explanatory text; an entire education in artistic anatomic structure. A legendary teacher at New York's Art Students' League, ...more
Paperback
Published 2002 by Sterling Publishing Company, Inc (first published February 1971)

Frank Reynoso
This book is a must for any aspiring comics artist. It's kicking my ass but I'm learning a hell of a lot about the human anatomy or the flesh machine as I like to call it.

I'm doing what all professionals advise: draw everything in this book!
Parka

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

There are a couple of George Bridgman anatomy books if you look around. If you just want one Bridgman anatomy book, Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life is the book for you. It essentially collects most of the illustrations and commentary from his other books.

This edition is published by Sterling and it's much larger than the Dover editions. It's also thicker at 352 pages. Books included here are:

* Bridgman's Life Drawing
* Constructive Anatomy
* The
Richard Haddad
Sep 23, 2013 Richard Haddad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Beginner to Advanced artists
Recommended to Richard by: Parka
Shelves: anatomy
George Bridgman's illustrations are, at first glance, not as appealing as you'd like. However, as you read his information and try to understand what hes's showing, you start to build an appreciation for his work.

In his "Complete Guide to Drawing from Life", Bridgman takes the human figure step by step explaining the function and shape of every part of the human body.

I recommend this book to anyone wanting to understand figure drawing. This book is great for all levels of artists. There is a lot
Serge Pierro
Apr 02, 2013 Serge Pierro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
Although I have several of the books included within this collection, I was hoping that the additional books would provide further insight into Bridgman's methodology. But, alas it was more of the same. I just don't seem to "get" Bridgman, the same way others do. Don't get me wrong... Bridgman does include some interesting material, and for some people, that information may be beneficial, but I believe that there are far better books currently available.
Becky
Dec 18, 2014 Becky marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My teacher recommended copying every picture in this book. Since I'll probably only be able to complete 3 or 4 drawings a week and there are thousands - I guess I'll be always reading it.
Jeanne Stumbaugh
This is my all-time favorite book on life drawing. It was the first book I read about figure drawing. Previous to finding this book I had never gave any thought to what goes underneath the skin or proportion, or that these things really even existed. I just drew and if it seemed okay looking, then I was satisfied. After this book, I was unsatisfied with what I'd been doing. I began PAYING ATTENTION and applying that to my work. And it showed, when I compare the work I did before and the work I d ...more
Pat Loughery
A very helpful look at the structure and anatomy of the person. Quite a bit farther along than my skill is at, but this would be a great shelf reference.
Amy M
Oct 28, 2013 Amy M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art, nonfiction
I could definitely see this as being a great resource for artists, but I found the poor print quality made it hard to focus.
Saib Zada
Mar 21, 2015 Saib Zada rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Playfully written, with selected drink histories and recipes throughout
John Morrison
Apr 19, 2015 John Morrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book for any drawing student!
Thalia Papadakis
Aug 30, 2016 Thalia Papadakis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Think of this as all the Bridgman books compiled into one (and then start thinking of everyone naked and try to sketch them)!
Cybersekkin
Jul 02, 2016 Cybersekkin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
A source so highly recommended. It is very complete and maybe something better done over time than powered through.
Jedkimball
Great to have all texts into one.
Highpowercleaning
Highpowercleaning rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Tariq
Tariq rated it it was amazing
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Abdullah Sajid
Abdullah Sajid rated it liked it
Baldur Genge
Baldur Genge rated it it was amazing
Amanda Wong
Amanda Wong rated it it was amazing
Davidt
Davidt marked it as to-read
John Raven
John Raven rated it it was amazing
Farshid
Farshid rated it it was ok
Jessica G.
Jessica G. marked it as to-read
SAM
SAM rated it it was amazing
Sima Gibejová
Sima Gibejová rated it it was amazing
Islam Salah
Islam Salah rated it really liked it
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Alessandro Emanuelli
Alessandro Emanuelli rated it really liked it
Mobil bekas Jakarta 1 1 Apr 15, 2015 07:35AM
  • Drawing the Head and Hands
  • The Art of Animal Drawing: Construction, Action Analysis, Caricature
  • Figure Drawing: Design And Invention
  • Figure Drawing Without a Model
  • The Artist's Complete Guide to Facial Expression
  • The Practice and Science of Drawing
  • Classical Drawing Atelier: A Contemporary Guide to Traditional Studio Practice
  • How to Draw Animals
  • Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist
  • Sketch Book for the Artist
  • Drawing the Human Head
  • Drawing Realistic Textures in Pencil
  • Anatomy Lessons From the Great Masters
  • Drawn to Life: 20 Golden Years of Disney Master Classes: The Walt Stanchfield Lectures - Volume 1
  • Artistic Anatomy