Start by marking “Recalcitrance, Faulkner, and the Professors: A Critical Fiction” as Want to Read:
Recalcitrance, Faulkner, and the Professors: A Critical Fiction

Recalcitrance, Faulkner, and the Professors: A Critical Fiction

Published December 31st 1990 by University of Iowa Press (first published August 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Recalcitrance, Faulkner, and the Professors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recalcitrance, Faulkner, and the Professors

Mirkat
Oct 04, 2011 Mirkat rated it liked it
If possible, I'd give this book 3.5 stars. I was a little torn between three and four. The only thing holding me back was that things almost got too clever at the end. I don't want to spoil the novel by being more specific, and this was really a minor reservation.

I am a sucker for meta-fiction, and this book qualifies as meta-fiction, meta-criticism, and possibly meta-auto-biography (at least I think the latter is alluded to). The premise is that two professors who are constantly taking potshots
David
Feb 12, 2011 David rated it really liked it
If only I had made my students read some Lacan first, they would appreciate what a painless introduction to literary theory this really was.
Joe Hecker
Joe Hecker rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2011
Shawn Sturgeon
Shawn Sturgeon rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2009
Katharine
Katharine rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Inna
Inna marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2010
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Isabelle Ouyang
Isabelle Ouyang marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Marc
Marc added it
Aug 24, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2016
宇綸 張
宇綸 張 marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2016
Austin McGiffert Wright was a novelist, literary critic and professor emeritus of English at the University of Cincinnati.
He grew up in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York, son of the geographer John Kirtland Wright and Katharine McGiffert Wright, and namesake of his uncle, Austin Tappan Wright, writer of the utopian novel, Islandia. He graduated from Harvard University in 1943. He served in the Army (19
More about Austin Wright...