Start by marking “Out Of The Blue” as Want to Read:
Out Of The Blue

Out Of The Blue (Red, White and Blue Weddings #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews

Will Katie ever stop running?

Katie Walken has been running most of her lifefrom her Amish upbringing, from her family’s expectations, and from an arranged marriage to her childhood friend, Karl Borg. Now a successful real estate agent, Katie feels she finally has the life she always wanted. . .or does she?

Karl Borg lost his love when she fled from their future in Amish cou

Published June 25th 2008 by Heartsong Presents (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Out Of The Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out Of The Blue

Janice Aitkens
Jun 26, 2014 Janice Aitkens rated it it was amazing
I read this on the Kindle

I had not read any of this authors books before & while yes this is in the Amish Genre it not a full Amish story like some but not fully a Englisher Romance

This is about Katie & she runs away from her Amish family & roots also from Karl who she is going to marry

12 years later they meet up & in true fiction style they still have a thing but when her dad is taken ill she goes home to see him he passes away & Karl is there to not only pay his respect but
Denise
Nov 30, 2009 Denise rated it liked it
This was a very light romance, was listed as Christian romance. Very easy read, 170 pages. Two people left the Amish life and twelve years later they find each other again. A few minor bumps and they get married. Cute story, quick to read, unfortunately I probably won't remember it a year from now.
Janice Sisemore
Sep 07, 2015 Janice Sisemore rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
Out of blue

Katie and Karl were engaged when they were both still Amish, not really old enough to marry. Katie got scared and ran away one night by climbing out her window. She becomes a real estate agent and he is a lawyer. Years later he comes back to town after leaving after his parents death. He is wanting to buy from property there, he comes to her office and she is embarrassed when he shows up. She has to go back to her Amish home when her passes. Her and Karl becomes friends again and he
Linda Walters
I liked this story and even as I read it, I also knew it probably wasn't for everyone. Why? Because it shows faith and reliance on God in action. Not everyone wants to read that or likes to even. But I did and also found that I liked the personalities of both Katie and Karl. They were sweet, faithful and both people of integrity. Their lives had changed so much since they left their community but there were still some good things that remained unchanged too. It was interesting to watch some of t ...more
Pamela
Aug 14, 2014 Pamela rated it really liked it
Katie and Karl have loved each other since childhood, but when Katie was 17 she ran away wanting a different lifestyle. Now it is 12 years later and Karl is buying a house and Katie is the realtor.

As they realize they still love each other, they grow closer.

This is an extremely inspiring story, they love God so much and give over all their issues to Him. I loved how they prayed for their relationship and their families. They made God the center. Wonderful story.
April
"This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of Audiobook Blast."

When I began this novel, I didn't realize it was a former Amish romance. I've read MANY Amish romances, but this was a first where two former Amish reconnect after many years. I really liked this audio book. I want to read more from this author!!
Sheila Siler
Sweet and straightforward

This is a sweet romance between Katie and Karl. A tale of growth and difficult choices. Christian faith plays a prominent role. A nice easy and very clean read.
Wilani Wahl
Aug 14, 2015 Wilani Wahl rated it it was amazing
Another Wonderful story from Janice Thompson. It is a quick read that is well written. I loved the inspirational thread throughout the book. I am sure I will want to read this one again.
Phyllis Stinson
Oct 22, 2015 Phyllis Stinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Book

Two Amish had parted ways for 12 years and meet again. The meeting and what happened after was very touching. Very nice, sweet book.
Joan Whitney
A Love Story

A bit too predictable for my preference. Made for slow reading at times. But good insight to the Amish lifestyle.
Alison Scheppel
Oct 26, 2015 Alison Scheppel rated it really liked it
A light, easy read. Beautifully written. So nice to read a faith based story.
Joyful
Jan 03, 2016 Joyful added it
How long will Katie run from the Amish life, family expectations, and love? Then Karl leaves the Amish life too and becomes a real estate lawyer. Katie is a realtor. Does the shock of meeting up again after all these years mean anything? . After 12 years can Karl forgive her and give her a second chance? This book was an awesome quick read. I loved the story theme of love, forgiveness, and growing in God. I was given a copy for an honest review.
Robert L. McKamey
Aug 25, 2015 Robert L. McKamey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Loved every word of this book Great spiritual feelings while reading Feeling the Lord's presence during reading each page of this book. Thanks Janice for your lovely books
Liz
Jan 29, 2014 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amish/Englishers

Another pleasant Amish story. They are so relaxing. Brings me to the green pastures of peace. Reminds me to be thankful.
Victoria Newman
Jan 07, 2016 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
PWRL
Jul 25, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
SM
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Jan Hall
Jan Hall marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Kathy Smallwood
Kathy Smallwood is currently reading it
May 26, 2016
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Peggy Pitts
Peggy Pitts marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Terry Ikoma
Terry Ikoma marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Ali
Ali rated it it was ok
May 01, 2016
Judy Hunt
Judy Hunt rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Butch Renyer
Butch Renyer marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Jen Larson
Jen Larson marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
  • Sweet Harmony (Boardwalk Brides #3)
  • An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)
  • The Bride Wore Coveralls
  • Lambert's Code (New Hampshire Wedding #2)
  • This Child Is Mine (Kansas City Romance)
  • Lambert's Pride (New Hampshire Wedding #1)
  • Love Online
  • Buffalo Gal (South Dakota Weddings, #1)
  • A Valentine for Kayla
  • A Brother's Bond (Sacred Bond Guardians, #1)
  • Larkspur Dreams
  • The Boss's Bride (The Heart of Main Street, #3)
  • Sins of the Mothers (Texas Romance #4)
  • Bittersweet Bride (Kansas Brides, #3)
  • Chance Adventure (Kentucky Chances, #3)
  • When A Man Loves A Woman (Seven Brides Seven Brothers #7)
  • A Plain Disappearance (Appleseed Creek, #3)
  • Firefly Summer: Pies, Books & Jesus (Hometown Romance)

Red, White and Blue Weddings (3 books)
  • Red Like Crimson (Red, White and Blue Weddings #1)
  • White As Snow