Start by marking “Something to Smile about: Encouragement and Inspiration for Life's Ups and Downs” as Want to Read:

Master storyteller Zig Ziglar shares from his own life along with others who have shared encouraging experiences through the years. Touching stories about people who overcame disabilities and disadvantages, or, who overcame all odds in fields from which they were excluded teach us the lessons of a lifetime. Return to the touching stories and anecdotes over and over again. ...more
Published August 12th 1997 by Thomas Nelson (first published September 17th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Something to Smile about, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something to Smile about

Michelle
Apr 01, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
I love Zig Ziglar. I got to hear him once and will never forget how hard I laughed. He may have died this year but his books remain to inspire us.
Cj Sime
Oct 01, 2014 Cj Sime rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Zig is always good for upbeat motivation. This would be great as a morning motivational book but read through in one sitting reveals a bit of fluff.
A. Gulden
Fear is the dark room where negatives are developed.

Everyone hears only what he understands.
Goethe

You’re not the product of a broken home, a devatated economy, a world in the unheaval of war, a minority group, a family of drunkards, or a poverty-ridden neighbourhood. You are the product of your own thinking processes and whatever you’re thinking about today is the cornerstone of your tomorrow.
Thomas Sikking

Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
Shakespeare

The trouble with ignor
Tiwik
Oct 20, 2009 Tiwik rated it it was ok
Aku mencari buku ini sudah sejak lama, sejak aku mendengar versi verbalnya yang dinarasikan di sebuah radio dengan sangat menginspirasi, menyentuh, dan membuat penasaran untuk membaca bukunya.
Beberapa tahun kemudian baru kutemukan buku ini versi terjemahannya dan kusambut dengan suka cita.

Tapi sayang, versi terjemahannya ini rasanya jadi kurang begitu menggigit dengan terjemahan yang kaku (banyak kata sambung, imbuhan, kata ganti) yang diterjemahkan apa adanya sehingga menciptakan hasil bacaan
Nishant Chauhan
Jun 28, 2014 Nishant Chauhan rated it it was ok
Another book to inspire you, with some humorous writing and many worth noting lines. This might be the most easiest book in my shelf, anyone, anywhere, anytime can read it. Although I am not a great fan of this genre, it is another textbook which will help you to be positive and leave you with a smile in the end. But as stated by ziglar himself, motivation will not last forever, you need to constantly working to keep motivated.

“It's not where you start or even what happens to you along the way t
Jyoti
Aug 29, 2014 Jyoti rated it liked it
3.5/ 5

Every day I read couple of chapters and it ws really nice. Short motivational stories that can make your day. I really enjoyed it a quick read between breaks that will give you enough material to think.
Jenni
Mar 06, 2013 Jenni rated it it was amazing
I get blessing from this book, i have better understanding about my work life and this book never boring to read.. This book always making me smile all d time a read it.. It really refressing me.. And i give this book for my friend, an she like and feel d bless for this book..
Jerry
Feb 17, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it
The late Zig Ziglar had a way of motivating and encouraging people. This book definitely does that, and does it quite well. The stories will definitely make readers everywhere smile. However, it loses a star because of its annoying formatting.
Airish
Sep 25, 2010 Airish rated it liked it
It has inspiring story
Hardiansyah
Jul 26, 2007 Hardiansyah rated it really liked it
every story make me more confident to face the world ... and ready to smile to the world
Carina Ch
Oct 08, 2014 Carina Ch rated it liked it
"It's not where you start or even what happens to you along the way that's important. What is important is that you persevere and never give up on yourself."
Sandra
Jan 21, 2008 Sandra rated it it was ok
Shelves: leadership
It would be better if it had an index. Reads like a devotional book on encouragements in the game of life. I liked it so-so.
Danni
Jan 09, 2011 Danni rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing book. It talked about all the amazing people with horrible problems who made it work. It was so inspiring. I am happy that I read it.
Annamária
Mar 27, 2014 Annamária rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It has its special place in the house where I can find it daily and read something encouraging or inspiring every day from it. Pure wisdom.
Seun
May 06, 2015 Seun rated it it was amazing
one of the best books i ever read. if you need a push for your daily life, something to smile about is the right book
Cherry Coley
Apr 16, 2012 Cherry Coley rated it it was amazing
I love this little book. I found it a couple of years ago and it's full of short stories and quotes both to inspire and to make you think.
Karla
Karla rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Christopher Lambert
Christopher Lambert rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Prashant
Prashant rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2015
Ritsky
Ritsky rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2009
Awdeytte
Awdeytte rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2009
Natalie Tucker
Natalie Tucker rated it really liked it
May 07, 2009
Mirela Petcu
Mirela Petcu rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2013
David
David rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2013
Carmen Mircea
Carmen Mircea rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Fonda L. Shupper
Fonda L. Shupper rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2014
Marius
Marius rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Ramona
Ramona rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Prodan Valentin
Prodan Valentin rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2014
Shelli
Shelli rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • People Buy You: The Real Secret to What Matters Most in Business
  • Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People
  • Time Power: A Proven System for Getting More Done in Less Time Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • The Power Of Thinking Big
  • The Marcos Dynasty
  • Leah's Pony
  • Personality Not Included: Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Brands Get It Back
  • Story of Jonah
  • The Shadow of the Winter Palace: Russia's Drift to Revolution 1825-1917
  • Miracle Math: How to Develop a Calculator in Your Head
  • Getting Things Done When You Are Not in Charge
  • Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, Act, Relate
  • Integrity Selling for the 21st Century: How to Sell the Way People Want to Buy
  • Hard Goals: The Secret to Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • Kapitan Cook
  • The E-Myth Contractor: Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • Taking Responsibility
  • Edith Kermit Roosevelt: Portrait of a First Lady
Zig Ziglar was a motivational teacher and trainer who traveled the world over, delivering his messages of humor, hope, and encouragement. As a talented author and speaker, he had international appeal that transcended every color, culture, and career. Recognized by his peers as the quintessential motivational genius of our times, Zig Ziglar had a unique delivery style and powerful messages that ear ...more
More about Zig Ziglar...

“Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give him one of yours. ~” 26 likes
“It's not where you start or even what happens to you along the way that's important. What is important is that you persevere and never give up on yourself.” 25 likes