Start by marking “Catch a Rising Star (Drama Queen #1)” as Want to Read:
Catch a Rising Star (Drama Queen #1)

Catch a Rising Star (Drama Queen #1)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  435 ratings  ·  39 reviews
When thirty-something Tabby Brockman has the opportunity to reclaim her role as a killed-off character on the nation's #1 daytime soap opera, she figures this must be God's reward. But back on the set, she's faced with the same hateful head writer who killed off her character in the first place, kids who drive her crazy, a stage dad who rubs her completely wrong, and and a ...more
Published July 17th 2007 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Catch a Rising Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch a Rising Star

The Master's Plan by Stephany TullisA Deal with God by Michael HadenUnconditional by Tanya EavensonA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Gladiator by Carla Capshaw
Inspirational Romances
91st out of 564 books — 264 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Master's Plan by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
202nd out of 446 books — 479 voters

More lists with this book...

Tabby is a down and out soap opera actress who has been struggling since her character was "killed" because of a misunderstanding with the head writer. But the great thing about soap's is that characters can come back to life any time. When Tabby is able to go back to the soap she thinks life will be much easier. She doesn't bargain for the same life problems that we have whether we're employed or not. Plus she has no knack with children at all and she has to be the on screen mom to a set of twi ...more
Nora St Laurent
Tabby Brockman is a young girl who is getting a second chance to reprise her role on the nation’s number-one daytime soap opera. Right away Tabby’s faith is tested. She knows that she wants to make a different in the field she loves – acting; but is she have the courage to stand up for her principles? Will she be strong? Will being on the show be different this time now that she is a “Christian”? The story is funny, witty and believable. Tracey shows what Tabby has to deal with as a member of th ...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Tabby Brockman is an actress. Fired from her soap opera, when the head writer, out of anger and jealousy, kills off her character, she flits from job to job always hoping for another break. When she's asked to rejoin the cast of the soap when her character makes a miraculous recovery after several years, she figures she has it made. Hilarity ensues when head writer doesn't like her, she's jealous of her on-screen rival, her mother drives her crazy and she has a crush on the father of her televis ...more
I am not usually not the person to read this kind of books but when i saw this book, i wanted to give it a chance. I got it and am not regretting picking in up. It was the first lit book ive read but, hey! The first is always the best!
I'll start by saying that it doesn't usually take me more than a day to read a chick-lit...this one took...four?

I spent most of the book wanting to slap the characters...all of them. How can you be accidently dating someone? And not figure out how to tell him that you aren't dating? And have someone else that you like think you are in a relationship because you can't figure out how to break it to anyone that you aren't? I know that books don't need plausible plot lines to work. But seriously. Se
Lynn Schroeder
I really enjoyed this book. A perfect balance between characters and plot line. I appreciated the Christian angle too!
Sarah Southerland
Funny, clean book with good characters. I enjoyed reading it and can't wait to read the next in the series.
This book was not very good. The main character irritated me most of the time, and the "love triangle" was so stupid. (How can a guy THINK he is dating you but he's really not?)

I was a huge fan of soap operas when I was younger, though, so I liked that the plot revolved around a soap opera star. However, I did not like her condescending attitude that "Christians shouldn't watch or be on soaps". Say what?!

I had checked the sequel out from the library at the same time as this one, but I don't thin
Fun book, I liked her writing style.
Amusing. Probably spot on when Christianity and the soap world collide. Entertaining and not too long.
tabby was fired from her job as a daytime soap actress cause the writer caught her about to kiss her husband but she didnt know he wasnt wearing a ring. shes got a man who thinks hes her boyfriend csuse her mom keeps pushing him to her. her little sister is knocked up and the dad ran off with another girl. the soap invites tabby back an she meets mr perfect but it seems like her nemessis hs jer claws in him. will tabby ever get mr perfect an rid of mr annoying? read to find out
It took me a little while to get into this one. It was a slow start, but a third of the way through I started to like it. It wasn't one of my favorite books, but it was an easy read. I don't care too much for the main character. I found her slightly annoying and naive. But the kids in the book were cute! I will look into other books by this author, but I won't buy them unless they are on sale.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This is the first of 3 books about 3 friends and their life. This one is about Tabby, an actress on a soap opera and trying to live a Christian life despite what others are trying to do to her (sabatouge).

I read the 2nd book first and so this one seemed weird because I already knew what was going to happen, but it was still good to see how it all developed.

Definitely a good series!
If I hadn't accidentally read the books out of order, I would have never read the second one after reading this one. It was kind of boring, the writing and character interactions weren't that great and were very brief. I felt like the best parts of the romance were all summed up in the epilogue.

Since the second one was much better, I look forward to reading the third.
This is another series from the 'Christian fiction' author Tracey Bateman, about 3 friends. There are 3 books, one from the perspective of each of the friends. I have read the first two, unfortunately the 3rd one is not on file at the library so I'm debating whether to buy it; they're just okay, not as good as the 'Claire' series.
I liked it, it is a cute storyline. It is a good vacation book. It is a light read, had a few chuckles and smiles, good clean romance. This book was also a fun read and a good break from some of the more emotional books, so I look forward to the next one.
A nice little romance set in the world of a soap opera actress. I wasn't sure I'd like it, since I'm not into the whole soap thing, but I read it in a day. It was a fun, clean, quick read.
Ok, I am a fan. I have liked all the books that I have read by Tracey Bateman. This one is no disappointment. It is a fun easy read. I look forward to the next one.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I thought this was a really cute book. I would have rated it higher, but the main character annoyed me too much (a little too self-centered and without back-bone).
Such a good book!! I love this whole collection!! The characters are so easy to relate to and the books are full of good, clean laughter. A GREAT READ!!!
I read the 2nd and 3rd one because they were the first ones I found before I realised they were part of a series!! Can't wait to read this one :)
This was a fun, light-read. It is definitely not overtly Christian and is almost a stretch to call it Christian fiction...
It got 3 stars instead of 2 because Ms. Bateman did a good job of making the reader care about the characters.
Woman soap opera star is a Christian. Would have liked it better had she not been so much of a doormat.
This book started out very slow. It was an OK read by the end. Not one of her best.
I really enjoyed this story and can't wait to read the next two in the series.
Nov 19, 2009 Gloria added it
Shelves: did-not-read
Decided not to read. Fine but just not interested in setting enough to read.
Sep 18, 2007 Jana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those chicklit fans
Shelves: novels! No depth just a light, fun read that keeps your attention.
  • A Girl's Best Friend (Spa Girls, #2)
  • Faking Grace
  • The Book of Jane
  • The Guy I'm Not Dating
  • Million Dollar Dilemma
  • Rematch (Lauren Holbrook, #2)
  • Nothing but Trouble (PJ Sugar, #1)
  • Miss Invisible
  • The Cubicle Next Door
  • My Life as a Doormat (In Three Acts)
  • Sweet Caroline
  • Help Wanted, Desperately
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
Tracey Bateman is also published as Tracey Cross, is the Christy award-winning author of more than thirty titles and has nearly a million books in print. She lives in Missouri's Ozarks with her husband and four children.
More about Tracey Bateman...

Drama Queen (3 books)
  • You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen #2)
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)