Start by marking “Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parents' Guide” as Want to Read:
Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parents' Guide

Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parents' Guide

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Babies with Down Syndrome, the trustworthy guide which has benefited thousands of families since it was first published in 1985, is completely revised and updated in a new, third edition. Covering the best practices for raising and caring for children with Down syndrome through age five, this book is invaluable to new parents who have welcomed a baby with Down syndrome int ...more
Published September 25th 2008 by Woodbine House Inc.,U.S. (first published September 19th 2008)

Johanna
Much better than the second edition (that I got handed while being shown the door), but then I could be biased due to the pics. It's my first published photo credit--wow, am I honored--and JH is inside 7 more times. I sure hope we can help parents and babies land more gently than we did.
Brittany
Oct 12, 2009 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those pregnant with a baby with DS; parents of a DS baby; those wanting to adopt a baby with DS.
Shelves: research, 2009-reads
An invaluable resource for any parent who learns their child has Down syndrome.

Since most of the people who read this book will be parents to an unborn child or an infant, it's really encouraging to read the forward by Mitchell Levitz, a man with Down syndrome himself.

The internet can provide you with nearly as much information on Down syndrome, but this really pinpoints for those who're expecting their child or have just given birth to a child with Down syndrome. The efforts the publisher has
Tricia Price
Jul 02, 2014 Tricia Price rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, nonfiction
Lots of good information, especially about special education and legal issues. Also an excellent reading list at the end. Glad I own a copy of this to refer back to.
Teresa Parker
Oct 04, 2014 Teresa Parker rated it it was amazing
Great information and help for new parents and up to the start of school, highly recommended!
Christen Sarah
Apr 19, 2014 Christen Sarah rated it it was amazing
Very helpful to give me an idea of what to expect in the years to come.
Sharon
Jan 28, 2011 Sharon rated it liked it
I think this book is very informative and up to date. Since my new granddaughter was recently born with Down syndrome, I am eagerly reading everything concerning this disability that I can get my hands on. This seems to be a very thorough survey of Down syndrome and it has made me feel better about facing the future, now that I am 'informed' and there are not so many 'unknowns'. It also includes thoughts and observations from parents of actual babies and kids with Down syndrome, which has helped ...more
Elsha van de Boogaard
Apr 20, 2012 Elsha van de Boogaard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: down-syndrome
An excellent guide for anyone who has or is expecting a baby with Down syndrome. This book is comprehensive without being overwhelming. Along with factual information on subjects it includes parent statements which give a variety of personal experiences. I felt like the information was presented in an encouraging way without being unrealistic about expectations.
Christine
Jul 08, 2014 Christine rated it really liked it
Great as a resource... comparable to "What to Expect..."
Becky
Mar 22, 2015 Becky rated it liked it
An excellent resource - well-written and organized, and as the sub-title indicates, a complete, compassionate guide to the first five years if the life of a child with Down Syndrome.
Emily
Jul 18, 2011 Emily rated it it was amazing
A must read to any parent of a baby with down syndrome. It's very informative & helpful. I highly recommend this book
Penny Bohn
I learned so much by reading this book. Everything I should know about my baby's health.
Susan
Jul 12, 2012 Susan added it
An excellent resource
Alix Oates
Nov 07, 2012 Alix Oates rated it it was amazing
Awesome resource.
Celeste
Celeste is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2016
Ardie
Ardie rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Sarah is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2016
Jill
Jill is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Randi Harper
Randi Harper rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2015
JD Ravenscroft
JD Ravenscroft rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Erin Evans
Erin Evans rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Crystal Weishaupl
Crystal Weishaupl rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015
Leanne
Leanne is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2015
Jclu16live.Com
Jclu16live.Com marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
April Dawn
April Dawn rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2015
Leslie J
Leslie J rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015