Start by marking “Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parents' Guide” as Want to Read:
Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parents' Guide

Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parents' Guide

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Babies with Down Syndrome, the trustworthy guide which has benefited thousands of families since it was first published in 1985, is completely revised and updated in a new, third edition. Covering the best practices for raising and caring for children with Down syndrome through age five, this book is invaluable to new parents who have welcomed a baby with Down syndrome int ...more
Published September 25th 2008 by Woodbine House Inc.,U.S. (first published September 19th 2008)

Johanna
Much better than the second edition (that I got handed while being shown the door), but then I could be biased due to the pics. It's my first published photo credit--wow, am I honored--and JH is inside 7 more times. I sure hope we can help parents and babies land more gently than we did.
Brittany
Oct 12, 2009 Brittany rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those pregnant with a baby with DS; parents of a DS baby; those wanting to adopt a baby with DS.
Shelves: research, 2009-reads
An invaluable resource for any parent who learns their child has Down syndrome.

Since most of the people who read this book will be parents to an unborn child or an infant, it's really encouraging to read the forward by Mitchell Levitz, a man with Down syndrome himself.

The internet can provide you with nearly as much information on Down syndrome, but this really pinpoints for those who're expecting their child or have just given birth to a child with Down syndrome. The efforts the publisher has
Tricia Price
Lots of good information, especially about special education and legal issues. Also an excellent reading list at the end. Glad I own a copy of this to refer back to.
Teresa Parker
Great information and help for new parents and up to the start of school, highly recommended!
Christen Sarah
Very helpful to give me an idea of what to expect in the years to come.
Sharon
I think this book is very informative and up to date. Since my new granddaughter was recently born with Down syndrome, I am eagerly reading everything concerning this disability that I can get my hands on. This seems to be a very thorough survey of Down syndrome and it has made me feel better about facing the future, now that I am 'informed' and there are not so many 'unknowns'. It also includes thoughts and observations from parents of actual babies and kids with Down syndrome, which has helped ...more
Elsha van de Boogaard
An excellent guide for anyone who has or is expecting a baby with Down syndrome. This book is comprehensive without being overwhelming. Along with factual information on subjects it includes parent statements which give a variety of personal experiences. I felt like the information was presented in an encouraging way without being unrealistic about expectations.
Christine
Great as a resource... comparable to "What to Expect..."
Becky
An excellent resource - well-written and organized, and as the sub-title indicates, a complete, compassionate guide to the first five years if the life of a child with Down Syndrome.
Emily
A must read to any parent of a baby with down syndrome. It's very informative & helpful. I highly recommend this book
Penny Bohn
I learned so much by reading this book. Everything I should know about my baby's health.
Susan
Jul 12, 2012 Susan added it
An excellent resource
Alix Oates
Awesome resource.
Bribi Merzkane-alibi
Bribi Merzkane-alibi marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Iva
Iva marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Libraryangel
Libraryangel marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Sa Kaur
Sa Kaur marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014