Start by marking “David Copperfield: Charles Dickens' Classics (adapted)” as Want to Read:
David Copperfield: Charles Dickens' Classics (adapted)

David Copperfield: Charles Dickens' Classics (adapted)

These favorite Dickens classics take young readers through nineteenth-century England and demonstrate solid timeless values needed today.
Published June 25th 1997 by Scandinavia Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about David Copperfield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about David Copperfield

Kendal
Apr 14, 2008 Kendal rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Kendal by: no one
I really enjoyed this book. This may sound lame, but I'm always sad after reading a book like this because I feel like I just moved away from a group of friends I'll never get to see again. There are some terrific characters in this book you get to know and love. Also, Charles Dickens is an amazing writer. He makes words come to life.
Rachel Thompson
Mar 24, 2008 Rachel Thompson rated it did not like it
Shelves: classic
This is, without a doubt, the worst book I have ever forced myself to read. Granted, I was in sixth or seventh grade at the time--and perhaps the book has some merit through the ideas of an adult. Yet, every time I think about this book, I vomit a little in my mouth. It probably doesn't deserve a re-read.
Marissa
May 30, 2008 Marissa rated it really liked it
"I'm a Tartar," said the man with a wooden leg.
He's a Tartar, she's a Tartar, wouldn't you like to be a Tartar too?"
What can one say? It's a classic and who couldn't be sympathetic to David Copperfield (NOT the illusionist). Dickens is simply a fine storyteller, even if he has a funny name. (It was the best of names, it was the worst of names. I know different book).
Cindy
Feb 01, 2008 Cindy rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 10-15 year olds who like classics
The book I read is paperback and is only 239 pages. It is geared for younger readers but does have a lot of the story to it. I have never read one of his books before and since I bought these for my boys to read I thought I would read them, also. A Classic
Mark
Oct 31, 2008 Mark rated it it was amazing
This is THE Dickens to read IMO. I loved this book and I recommend it highly to any reader. A beautifully written classic with all the description and imagination you would expect from this master of literature from the olde country.
Di
Jun 24, 2008 Di rated it really liked it
What a corker! Dickens makes amazing use of language and his social commentary is second to none. I am happy to forgive his sentimental tendencies in light of his amazing ability to combine the words of the English language. His sum is indeed greater than it's parts!
Whitney
Feb 04, 2009 Whitney rated it it was amazing
It is dreadful to consider a "review" of Dickens. It is the perfect time to read Dickens - hope in the face of despair and all those remarkably salient characters. Helps to have read Dickens in more than a perfunctory manner if you plan to see Slumdog Millionaire.
Lauri
Sep 05, 2008 Lauri added it
Another great novel by Dickens. The characters in this book are so funny and you see people like this everywhere.
Paola Bersi
Definitely a masterpiece, although I probably read it too early in life, and that's why at the time I thought it was a bit too long...
Ashley
Sep 27, 2008 Ashley rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book ever! It is really long, but the story is amazing. I've never been as absorbed in a book as this one.
Amanda Rollins
Oct 23, 2008 Amanda Rollins rated it really liked it
Dickens is my favorite author. His charater portrayals are realistic and deep. The story line is enjoyable. His stories are always rich.
Susan D/
One of the favorites of my young years; I still have mental pictures of the characters--who could forget the Murdstones, the Micawbers, Uriah Heep?
Mtbruin
Sep 29, 2008 Mtbruin rated it it was amazing
I read this twenty years ago or more. Now I'm reading again. I remember from before: "Barkis is willin'."
Emily
Oct 01, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It took a little while for me to get into, but then I was hooked.
This is an amazing story of people and relationships.
Katie
Jun 26, 2009 Katie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Katie by: my mother
I'm pretty sure this is my favorite Charles Dickens novel. If you're only going to read one novel by Dickens, this is the one to read. It's delightful on every page.
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2008
Cristina Castro
Cristina Castro rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Sara H.
Sara H. rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2008
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2008
Kelly
Mar 04, 2009 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Tis the season to re-read Dickens. Poor poor Davy.
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2008
maria
maria rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2008
Heather's Mum
Heather's Mum rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2009
Megan Thompson
Megan Thompson rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2008
Kelly Torrans
Kelly Torrans rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2016
Kay
Kay rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2008
Eric Reyna
Eric Reyna rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Tim Paccione
Tim Paccione rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2009
Jameson
Jameson rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2009
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • His Dark Materials
  • Dickens
  • Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
  • A Magick Life: A Biography of Aleister Crowley
  • The Ascent of Everest
  • A Laodicean: A Story of Today (Everyman Library)
  • I, Judas
  • Do What Thou Wilt: A Life of Aleister Crowley
  • The Collected Poems, 1952-1990
  • The Confessions of Aleister Crowley: An Autohagiography
  • Rabbit Novels: Rabbit is Rich and Rabbit at Rest
  • Who Can Be Happy And Free In Russia
  • The Concise Dictionary of English Etymology
  • Six Plays: Peer Gynt / A Doll's House / Ghosts / The Wild Duck / Hedda Gabler / The Master Builder
  • Trafalgar: The Nelson Touch