Start by marking “Joseph The Seer” as Want to Read:
Joseph The Seer

Steven C. Harper

Joseph The Seer

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A biography of Joseph Smith's early life by an editor of the Joseph Smith Papers, both scholarly and faithful, this book is accessible to a general audience.
79 pages
Published 2005 by Harper Pub.

To ask other readers questions about Joseph The Seer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joseph The Seer

Rich Alger
It is a great, short read about the different accounts of the first vision and many other insight into the early history of the LDS church. I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more the early beginnings of this church.

It was a little disturbing and then freeing to hear the different accounts of Joseph's first vision. Joseph was a man, with faults like other men. He was also called of God to do a great work.
Cathy
This is a very quick review of a subject that deserves a more indepth discussion. It seemed that the author was picking and choosing events and quotes which created snapshots of history. I would prefer a more complete picture that crafted into a unified view.
Jileen
A quick read regarding the life of Joseph Smith. Most of it I already knew. Some details were new to me, which I enjoyed. I also liked how the information flowed and helped me put the pieces of his life together better than any other book I have read about him.
Jared
A look at the preparation of the Prophet Joseph from the time Moroni visited him to when he received the Golden Plates. A great book, and not just because the author is my cousin.
Jeff Pierson
Different then any book you have read on the Prophet...Harper's unique style of writing gives you insight and helps you think of things you wouldn't normally think of.
Andrew
I loved learning about the new insights on the Prophet and Seer Joseph Smith.
Peggy Cappo
Peggy Cappo marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Seth Morin
Seth Morin marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2013
Chris Harrison
Chris Harrison marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Sarita Rogers
Sarita Rogers marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2010
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2008
Making Sense of the Doctrine & Covenants The Word of Wisdom Making Sense of the Doctrine and Covenants: A Guided Tour Through Modern Revelations Setting the Record Straight: The Word of Wisdom Evaluating Three Arguments Against Joseph Smith's First Vision (Volume)