Start by marking “Resurrection Day (Doc Savage #36)” as Want to Read:
Resurrection Day (Doc Savage #36)

Resurrection Day (Doc Savage (Bantam) #36)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  96 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The sweeping genius of The Man Of Bronze reaches into the very secret of life itself. A stunned nation hears the announcement that one-and only one-long-dead human being will be brought back to life. Who will be chosen? Lincoln? Edison? Shakespeare? As the world rejoices and conjectures, the powers of Evil plan a final, insidious joke on all humanity!
Published May 1969 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Resurrection Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resurrection Day

Joe
May 22, 2014 Joe rated it liked it
Highlights: One of the villains is a guy who likes to use different dialects (French, Mexican, Chinese, New York, etc) for no reason, and the other main villain is an attorney who suffers from a mania for decapitation. He blacks out and feels an uncontrollable urge to cut off heads. There's also a passage about how Doc Savage wouldn't bring Jesus Christ back to life (the plot has to do with Doc being able to resurrect one person throughout history, but only one person) because God did that alrea ...more
Ted
Jun 20, 2016 Ted rated it it was ok
Shelves: grown-up-books
Knowing that these pulp adventure stories were churned out as fast as humanly possible, I went in with low expectations. I enjoy boning up on my superhero history, and with the recent announcement of a Doc Savage movie, I thought I'd pick up a few of the books. The story for this one concept intrigued me, so I dove in just looking for corny one-liners, wonderful coincidences, and maybe a few arguably racist/sexist statements [okay, I don't LOOK for that, but considering the trends of the time, I ...more
Steph
Sep 27, 2013 Steph rated it it was amazing
This story is as campy as most of the Doc Savage books, but as an adventure it has a slightly different setup from the usual "Doc encounters and vanquishes a specific villain" stories.

The premise: Because he's The Man of Bronze (tm) and is more brilliant than the top minds in... well, pretty much every field, Doc Savage discovers how to resurrect one important person from history, and goes public with his plan in order to collect suggestions as to who would benefit the world the most. Of course,
Timothy Boyd
Feb 24, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it it was amazing
Of all the pulp era heroes few stand out above the crowd, Doc Savage is one of these. With his 5 aides and cousin he adventures across the world. Fighting weird menaces, master criminals and evil scientists Doc and the Fab 5 never let you down for a great read. These stories have all you need; fast paced action, weird mystery, and some humor as the aides spat with each other. My highest recommendation.
Fraser Sherman
Feb 23, 2015 Fraser Sherman rated it liked it
Shelves: pulp-adventure
3.5. Doc figures out how to resurrect a single great individual from the past. Criminals scheme how to exploit it. Fun bits include Dent's deft capturing of the hoopla following Doc's announcement, and his poking fun at movie parallels ("There's usually enough electricity in those movies to execute a penitentiary full of convicts.").
John Nyetrae
Sep 05, 2013 John Nyetrae rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Doc Savage books! Start here if you have never read one and you will be hooked.
Jeff Miller
May 14, 2012 Jeff Miller rated it liked it
Good pulpish adventure fun. Listened to the book read by the great folks at Uvula Audio.
Justin
Apr 19, 2013 Justin rated it it was amazing
I've read many, many Doc Savage books but this one is my favorite.
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Steve Jones
Steve Jones rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2016
Fil
Fil rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Iuliana
Iuliana marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Kenneth Ennis
Kenneth Ennis marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
David Crockett
David Crockett rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Kevin
Kevin added it
Apr 06, 2016
Steve Genow
Steve Genow marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Luke Etyrnal
Luke Etyrnal marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
John Speelman
John Speelman rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
B
B marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Caleb Foster
Caleb Foster rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Nkerklaan
Nkerklaan marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Jaimer
Jaimer marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Vincent Hall
Vincent Hall marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Myles Paine
Myles Paine marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Kent
Kent rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2015
L J
L J rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Charles F.
Charles F. rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2015
Torbjörn  Dahl
Torbjörn Dahl rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kenneth Robeson was the house name used by Street and Smith Publications as the author of their popular character Doc Savage and later The Avenger. Though most Doc Savage stories were written by the author Lester Dent, there were many others who contributed to the series, including:

William G. Bogart
Evelyn Coulson
Harold A. Davis
Lawrence Donovan
Alan Hathway
W. Ryerson Johnson

Lester Dent is usua
More about Kenneth Robeson...

Doc Savage (Bantam) (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • The Man of Bronze (Doc Savage, #1)
  • The Thousand-Headed Man (Doc Savage, #2)
  • Meteor Menace (Doc Savage, #3)
  • Polar Treasure (Doc Savage, #4)
  • Brand of the Werewolf (Doc Savage, #5)
  • The Lost Oasis (Doc Savage, #6)
  • The Monsters (Doc Savage, #7)
  • The Land of Terror (Doc Savage, #8)
  • The Mystic Mullah (Doc Savage, #9)
  • The Phantom City (Doc Savage, #10)