Start by marking “Give Him the Slip (Callahan Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Give Him the Slip (Callahan Brothers, #1)

Give Him the Slip (Callahan Brothers #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  1,459 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
Maddie Kincaid thought she finally found the simple life when she moved to Brazos Bend and started her own business. She never dreamed that helping a gentle old man would force her to run for her life, right into the arms of the infamous Luke "Sin" Callahan. He has just settled into a fishing vacation, and the last thing he needs on his line is a long-legged redhead stowaw ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published October 3rd 2006 by Signet (first published August 22nd 2006)

Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

Top Ten Things I Liked About Give Him the Slip:

1. Three former hell-raiser, bad-boy brothers referred to as the “Holy Terrors of Texas” turned hard-edged military/security men/government agents
2. Devilishly sexy DEA Agent hero Luke “Sin” Callahan
3. Spunky red-headed heroine and secret rock princess Maddie “Baby Dagger” Kincaid
4. A lovable mutt named Knucklehead
5. A goldfish named Oscar
6. Sweet, steamy romance
7. Hilarious dialogue
8. Zany, quirky, dynamic, offbeat
Christa
Sep 14, 2008 Christa rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksfree-com
I enjoyed this romantic suspense novel by Geralyn Dawson very much. It was quite a bit different from the other books I have read by her, and I liked it better. I thought that Luke Callahan was a great hero -one who was a bit on the tortured side - and his brothers sound like they will make great heroes for the other books in the series. Heroine Maddie Kincaid, a girl who has made quite a few bad decisions in the past, was also very likeable.

Maddie Kincaid has sworn off of men and started a bus
Miss Kim
Jul 06, 2009 Miss Kim rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Nora Roberts
Luke Callahan is my favorite hero. He is the bad boy turned cop, and boy is he is hot! I loved him and Maddie together and I was rooting for them the whole time. There was a period where I wanted to shake Maddie, but it was brief, so I won't put her on the TSTL list.

I LOVE this series! It reminds me of Nora Robert's trilogies where the are three siblings that are very close and involved in all three stories. Thanks ladies to all who pointed me to it! :D

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Jan 04, 2012 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* by: My enjoyment of the Eternity Springs series and A Callahan Carol

3.5 of 5 Stars - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

Hmm… I’m disappointed to say that Give Him the Slip, the first Callahan Brothers book by Geralyn Dawson did not captivate me the way her Eternity Springs series, written under the pseudonym of Emily March, did. Angel’s Rest, the first book in the Eternity Springs series is John Gabriel Callahan’s (Gabe Callahan’s) story and was one that really grabbed me.

The four Callahan Brothers of Brazos Bend, Texas - Matthew, Mark and Luke (the twins

Kathrynn
Jul 03, 2009 Kathrynn rated it liked it
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
It may have been me, but it took me a long time to finish this romantic suspense, set in East and West Texas. I even put it down a few times to read other books. My mistake was reading this series backwards...not a good thing to do. :-( I can say that I enjoyed #3 and #2, so was looking forward to #1...

Give Him the Slip was just too light-hearted, loosely written, with a lot of slow parts for me to get hooked into. The characters, Luke and Maddie were okay. Thought Maddie being "Baby Dagger" was
Tammy
Jun 19, 2009 Tammy rated it liked it
This one started off with a BANG for me. Maddie channels her inner Stephanie Plum and sneaks onto a houseboat to use the bathroom, go thru the fridge and "borrow" a beer. She falls asleep on the houseboat and is rudely awakened by a naked DEA agent, Luke "Sin" Callahan.

Fireworks commence.

But things sorta fizzled out for me after that. Too many rabbit trails and whodunits. Too many snarls and grunts and crankiness by the hero. I don't think it was the author's fault (?) - my mind is going a mill
Ronna
Aug 23, 2014 Ronna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-give-away
I got this book free from the author. This is my honest review.

What happens when two independent people find that sparks fly whenever they're together, and though they both have secrets, they find that they do need each other for life and for love?

Luke, and his brothers, Matt, Mark, and John were know as the "bad boys" of Brazos Bend when they were teen agers. Now, John's murder caused the others to become estranged from their wealthy Dad. They have all become responsible adults, working in diff
Ladiibbug
Jan 02, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense Fans
#1 Callahan Brothers - Sexy Romantic Suspense

Very enjoyable series debut featuring the Callahan brothers of Brazos Bend, Texas.

Luke "Sin" Callahan casts off from the marina on a peaceful fishing trip, only to be startled by an unexpected on board guest. Maddie Kincaid boarded his houseboat and fallen asleep while looking for a friend. A female friend.

Maddie's got big trouble. Her responsible and calm life has been uprooted when she finds a stash of drugs, and now she's on the run.

DEA Agent Luke
Judy
I loved this book! Maddie and Luke are a great couple and the story was wonderful. Luke "Sin" Callahan is a former bad boy who has grown up to be a good man. Maddie is a strong woman who wants to make a life for herself and find a place to belong.

I like the romance to be the focus when I read romantic suspense and that was the case with this book. The suspense story was well-written and kept you guessing, but the romance was the focus and I really enjoyed it.

There are two other books in the se
Pamela(AllHoney)
First in the Brazos Bend series about the Callahan Brothers by Geralyn Dawson. Maddie "Baby Dagger" Kincaid is the daughter of a rock star and just wanted a normal life so she settled in Brazos Bend, Texas. She ends up having to run for her life and encounters Luke Callahan. Wonderful balance of romance and suspense. Such a fun and delightful read.
Hbeebti
Sep 21, 2014 Hbeebti rated it it was amazing
Just finished this book. It was great! Luke aka Sin was so damn hot! Wow.... The bad boy turned good ( kinda) *wink wink** ... Luke is just so........uhhhhh!! Ok so in the beginning he has a chip on his shoulder and man the issues that Luke and his brothers have with their father broke my heart. I wanted to hate his father but in the end my heart just wasn't into it. I felt bad for them both. OMG who did not love Luke's stray dog Knucklehead?? I loved him!

There was a lot of mystery in this one
L8blmr
Aug 01, 2009 L8blmr rated it it was amazing
I love this author - have for years - and she did not disappoint me with this book, first in the Callahgan Brothers series. Rarely does Ms. Dawson use the Stupid Misunderstanding device, which I so appreciate. I also like the way she develops a closeness between her two lead characters, and yet they each have people who are important in their lives, who are also worked naturally into the plot. Now I hope that I already have book #2 here in my TBR closet...
Chelsea Klepfer
Aug 09, 2014 Chelsea Klepfer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love Emily March's Eternity Springs series you have to check out her Brazos Bend books. LUKE CALLAHAN has action, humor (there were times I was laughing out loud), and still tells a heartwarming love story that is classic Emily March. A really great read!
Norma

I really liked this one. It was fun, had good characters and a nice mix of romance and suspense. I'm looking forward to reading about the other brothers, so I'll definitely continue with the series.
Susan
Apr 26, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good story. Maddie runs a business helping senior citizens, and on one of her jobs comes across some drug related mushrooms. Fearing the consequences, she takes off, and is sent looking for help by another one of her clients. She ends up with ex-DEA agent Luke Callahan, who really wants to leave it all behind and go fishing. Much as he wants to, he can't just walk away from a woman in distress.

I liked Maddie and Luke. They have a magnetic relationship that both pulls them together and pushe
Betty Sandstrom
Aug 21, 2014 Betty Sandstrom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily March, author ... what more can be said ... She is one of my special favorite authors and I just finished reading her newly released book, "Luke ... The Callahan Brothers" ... originally titled "Give Him the Slip" written under the pen name of Geralyn Dawson in 2006. This story speaks about the Callahan brothers, Matt, Mark, Luke and John of Brazos Bend, Texas.

The first book is about Luke. I was hooked on this author before and now can't wait to read the rest of this series ... What a stor
Barbara ★
When Maddie Kincaid arrives on his yacht unexpectedly, Luke Callahan is shocked and disbelieving of her story. Drugs and murder in his small home town - unbelievable. Maddie works her way into his heart though and he follows her back home to protect her from whatever forces are at work in Brazos Bend. The sexual tension between Maddie and Luke is intense and the sex is HOT. Luke is fighting moving back to the town his estranged father controls. For many reasons, none of his sons will speak to Br ...more
Diane ~Firefly~
Jun 13, 2013 Diane ~Firefly~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
This was a fun ride with interesting characters.

What I enjoyed:
* Maddie - poor girl has had a crazy life, but built something she could be proud of. Her secret is interesting (view spoiler) and I like her spunk.
* Luke - other than his father issues, he is just about perfect.
* Poor Oscar...

What could have been better:
* (view spoiler)
Silvia
Jun 26, 2013 Silvia rated it it was amazing
This book so addicting..Sizzling, funny and plot twist... I LOVED IT

maddie is a very cute woman, shes brave, independent, sexy as hell ..poor thing, she always had bad situation accidently through her life but shes survived it well..

luke is bad boy cop , alpha , sexy and smart..hes very smitten with maddie..hes in love with her all the way

sexy book and cant wait to read callahan brothers next series
Stephanie
This was one of the best 1st books of a series that I have ever read. Both the hero and heroine were great and very likable.
Luke "Sin" Callahan is the perfect “bad” boy. His steam factor is off the charts. I am so glad that Maddie didn't let the trouble of her past relationships cloud her feelings for Luke. The suspense aspect of this book was also very good.
Wendy
Jan 03, 2015 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An awesome read!

I love Emily March's writing. Luke is fun,sexy,engaging and overall a delight. I laughed,I sighed and I smiled. I am eager now to read Matt,Mark and the Christmas story. I highly recommend Luke if you want a fun easy read with a touch of mystery.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
It was okay.
I was not inspired to read the rest of the series.
Splage
May 31, 2011 Splage marked it as wish-list
related to Emily March Eternity Springs series
Elesia
Dec 05, 2016 Elesia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luke, By Emily March (Audiobook)

Maddie Kincaid, the child of a rockstar that just wants a normal home life, gets more than she bargained for in Brazos Bend. Maddie is trying to help an older male client and finds herself in danger. Never fear though because another client Branch Callahan has a son Luke. Luke Callahan the ex DEA agent through a little interference by estranged father Branch ends up helping Maddie. Luke and Maddie meet on the Miss Behavin, as she is seeking help from his recently
Linda Walters
It was okay, I liked it but I wasn't crazy about it. Luke was interesting and Maddie was a trouble magnet. She had a interesting background and some crazy ex-boyfriend experiences. There were a few times it felt like some of it was almost unbelievable. Luke hit it right on the mark with one of his comments. That everything that was in her past and what she was going through now was almost like a "soap opera".
The ongoing bitterness between Luke and his father was kind of hard to take. But so was
Bobbie
Dec 29, 2016 Bobbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I had read this book years ago, I decided to listen to the audio version, so this review will be about the audible version only. The story is still as good as ever, but I had a few issues with the narrator. Most of the time I really didn't mind his voice, but I actually think this would have been better with dual narration. The male narrator had a very deep voice and even when it worked with Luke and the other male characters, and it didn't always work with them either, it really didn't ...more
Lark of The Bookwyrm's Hoard
I normally love Emily March, but for some reason, this one just didn't grab me as much. There's nothing wrong with the writing, but the hero didn't click for me, though I liked the heroine. I may go back and finish it later, but at the time, I wasn't in the right mood to finish it anyway.
Juli
I liked the book but there were a few things that kept me from giving it 4 stars. Looking forward to the next one.
Mary
Aug 31, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author Emily March. I was very excited to start reading this book. Maddie Kincaid thought she had left trouble behind when she settled in peaceful Brazos Bend. Maddie doesn't have a lot of trust for men as she has been burned three times. When she stumbles into trouble again, one of her clients, Branch Callahan sends her to seek the help of Terry Winston. Unknown to her Terry is not a woman and has also recently died. She instead meets Luke "Sin" Callahan, the kind ...more
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Maddie has gotten herself into a real jam, stuck with a minivan full of millions of dollars worth of an illegal drug and on the run from people trying to kill her to get to it, all this trouble leads her to a man who would make any girl weak at the knees. Luke is damn reluctant to get involved with whatever mess Maddie has gotten herself into, but he can’t seem to help himself when it comes to the fiery red head. Things only get more and more complicated for Maddie and after a few unfortunate in ...more
  • Caught (Gemini Men, #1)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Face of Danger (The Guardian Angelinos, #3)
  • Naked Truth (Dragon One #1)
  • Pursuit
  • Run to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #3)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Crazy Hot (Steele Street, #1)
  • Out Of Her League (Suspense Series, #1)
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
Geralyn Dawson is the USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels. She is a three-time finalist for the prestigious Romance Writers' of America's RITA award and a recipient of their Top Ten Favorite Books of the Year award. She received Romantic Times magazine's Career Achievement award and its Reviewer's Choice award. In 2009, the American Library Association named her romantic suspense no ...more
More about Geralyn Dawson...

Callahan Brothers (3 books)
  • Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • Always Look Twice (Callahan Brothers, #3)

“The Caddo Bayou Marina.” 2 likes
“They each had scars to deal with. Scars of a different kind, but scars nonetheless. If he could say something--anything--to make a difference, he'd do it, but there simply wasn't anything left to say. The reality of that made him downright sad.” 1 likes