Start by marking “Hunger Moon Rising” as Want to Read:
Hunger Moon Rising

Hunger Moon Rising

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When friends become lovers, can a reluctant werewolf find love with a survivor of abuse without revealing the beast inside? Not when the Hunger Moon is rising.
Published November 14th 2006 by Loose Id, LLC (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Hunger Moon Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunger Moon Rising

Feral Sins by Suzanne  WrightGo Fetch! by Shelly LaurenstonPack Challenge by Shelly LaurenstonTempting the Beast by Lora LeighBitten by Kelley Armstrong
Best Werewolf Erotica
367th out of 434 books — 773 voters
Tagged by Joseph M. ChironBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReal by Katy Evans
My Faveorite Books of 2013
107th out of 144 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

Really nice story.
A guy fight against his own nature of werewolf to be with the woman he loves.
The woman had been hurt a long time ago by an abusive husband.

I loved the way the story take place. we can have the though of each caracter successively.

I really loved this story and i'm sad it's over.
I was given this book by Hearts on Fire through the Making Connections ARR group for an honest review, thank you.

(view spoiler)
Beverly Richards
I've read other books by this author and found the stories to be very captivating but every time I come across those in first person I don't really enjoy them very much. It some how takes away from the story.

While this one had a nice story, I don't like reading first person narrative. Feels too much like reading a diary. And I find that very annoying.
I loved the twist on the protagonist - usually shifter stories have hyperventilating, testosterone-filled alpha males with lots of posturing going on - not that there's anything wrong with that! Here, Ben is a werewolf who's been trying to hide his shifter side for years - he's taken to vegetarianism and Buddhism in an attempt to pacify his inner beast. But like Kent Clark sheds his button-down and pulls on the Superman tighties, Ben turns up the aggression to save the woman he loves.

I also enj
not many readers get the chance to read a book from both leading character perspectives. it gives the story a whole new level to work on and in my opinion a deeper connection to both characters. i thought hunger moon rising was a uniquely written book well worth the read.
Always love Evangeline Anderson. I enjoyed the alternating chapters with Dani telling the story the Ben the next chapter.

Enjoyed the take of Ben resisting his werewolf wolf nature and the extent he goes to, to be as non alpha as possible.
Willa Edwards
I'm constantly amazed by Evangeline Anderson's ability to be scorching hot while having very little actual sexual contact. This is another one. By the time they actually get to the sex you're already aflame. Great read.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Penumbra
Genre: M/F Paranormal
Rated: 2 stars
Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Shannon V
Liked the overall story line, but hated the format.
Karma♥Bites ^.~
I wasn't as drawn into Hunger Moon Rising as I usually am with EV's books (maybe too wolfed out when I read it?), but the alternating POV by chapter was an interesting device and well executed for the most part. The story itself wasn't too elaborate but Ben's way of handling his shifter nature was certainly unique. All in all, not the best of what EV has to offer but enjoyable nonetheless.
Jenn911 marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Keidre marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Alison added it
Aug 29, 2015
Amber Vaughn
Amber Vaughn marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Marsha marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
J marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Niki Driscoll
Niki Driscoll marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Christina Rogers
Christina Rogers marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Anna Bergman
Anna Bergman marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
  • Savage Love (Bite Me)
  • Mya's Werewolf (Fantasy Island, #1)
  • Animal Instinct (Alaskan Werewolf, #2)
  • Utter Domination
  • Forced By A Werewolf
  • Friends With Benefits (The Boulevard, #2)
  • Feral (Lycan Warriors, #1)
  • Melody's Wolf (Lyric Hounds, #1)
  • Claiming Their Mate (Pack Wars, #2)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • Gunnar's Game (Dawn Endeavor, #4)
  • Two Wolves are Better Than One (Love Bites, #1)
  • Cat's Meow (Predators, #1)
  • Damned by Blood (Faustin Bros, #3)
  • Oriana and the Three Werebears
  • Dawson Bride (Wolf Brides, #3)
  • Magnificent Folly (Sedikhan, #16)
  • Behind the Mask (Knights of the Board Room, #1)
Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for ...more
More about Evangeline Anderson...