Start by marking “Died in the Wool (Hometown Mysteries)” as Want to Read:
Died in the Wool (Hometown Mysteries)

Died in the Wool (Massachusetts Mayhem #2)

Hone you investigative skills with Died in the Wool, a mystery filled with humor, suspense, and romance. Monah Trenary is battling for city funds for her beloved library. When a rival for the much-needed monies winds up dead, Monah is considered one of the prime suspects. When a second corpse weighs in, police detective Mike Brockman discovers that, according to the eviden ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Barbour Publishing inc (first published May 26th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Died in the Wool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Died in the Wool

Bookadventurer
Jul 16, 2012 Bookadventurer rated it it was ok
Oh, how I thought I would like this book. The first in this series, Where the Truth Lies I gave five stars and absolutely enjoyed. Weirdly enough, I just finished In a Witch's Wardrobewhich also dealt with botanicals/poisonings and I loved it, but I was extremely disappointed in Died in the Wool for the following reasons:

*Mona was just not a likable character for me fromt the start. She came across snooty, flighty, and I just did not care for the "secret" she was keeping and found it to be anti-
Andrea
Apr 30, 2011 Andrea rated it liked it
When I found out that the main character in Died in the Wool was a librarian turned sleuth I thought I would give this cozy mystery a try.
The books centers around the town librarian Monah and her quest to gain funding for the public library, Monah has to compete with the police, the fire station, the local school, and a new sports center. Arson and murders start happening around town. Monah puts herself right in the middle of the investigation, where she goes from detective to suspect only to s
C.C. Thomas
Dec 01, 2011 C.C. Thomas rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Sometimes it's nice to take a break from the stresses and realities of daily life and read a cozy murder mystery. Strange sentence when you think about it, but that fits this book perfectly.

Monah is a small-town librarian and discovers the body of a local teacher in the bathroom. Her boyfriend is a local policeman and is called in to solve the case. The problem? Monah is the number one suspect. Can he put aside his romantic feelings and look at her objectively, as a potential murderer?

This is a
Karen
Aug 19, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
A fun cozy mystery with a librarian who finds a body in the library, and turns into an amateur sleuth to clear her name. Complicated because she's been dating the detective assigned to the case. A lot of names and people to sort out at first. Wondered if this was second in a series. An easy clean, enjoyable read. 3.5 stars
Katie
Nov 17, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it
First posted on my blog, Legacy of a Writer.

Who doesn’t enjoy a book you can cozy up with in bed and try to solve the mystery alongside the characters? I know I sure do, though I don’t get to read many of them. So I was eager to give Died in the Wool a try. A librarian whose competitors for funds from the city are turning up dead—what’s not to like?

In Died in the Wool, Monah Trenary suddenly finds her quiet life as the town librarian thrown into upheaval when she discovered a dead body in the ba
Amy
May 09, 2014 Amy rated it did not like it
Most of the time I do enjoy a story where a regular joe/jane follow the clues and solve a mystery , but this one, not so much.
Even though I liked some of the main character's personality and her occupations,I did not like how she went about things. Butting in everywhere and was a bit controling to get infomation. Just because she read mystery novels and she was dating a cop does not mean she should go about trying to catch a murderer. The way she would go behind her boyfriends back to investiga
Mary Fish
Nov 03, 2014 Mary Fish rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Poorly written.

The story line itself is interesting, but the writing uses too many trite expressions, such as "She clapped her hand over her mouth to hide her smile, but her shoulders still shook with laughter." I might recommend it for a twelve year old.
Rachel
Mar 16, 2012 Rachel rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Not bad but not great. I should be better impressed; I didn't guess the killer right the first time. Still, just average.
Cynthia Rielley
Aug 19, 2012 Cynthia Rielley rated it did not like it
bleech couldn't even get through it. Made it half way and hoped a serial killer would come along and get them all so we could get some better characters...no such luck.
Sindee
Sindee rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Linda Frost
Linda Frost rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Bette Lee Jacquot
Bette Lee Jacquot rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Melissa Hepburn
Melissa Hepburn rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2014
Carrie Ingram
Carrie Ingram rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2012
Brittany Farrell
Brittany Farrell rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2016
Jennifer Grieve
Jennifer Grieve rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Carolyn Gruver
Carolyn Gruver rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2016
Lisa Crookston
Lisa Crookston rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2014
PWRL
Aug 24, 2016 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Robin Fosler
Robin Fosler rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Gloria
Gloria rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Felicia
Felicia rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2014
Camille Baldwin
Camille Baldwin rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Camera Never Lies
  • Nipped in the Bud
  • Missing Mabel (Curl Up and Dye Mystery Series, No. 1 / Hometown Mysteries)
  • A New Chapter (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #1)
  • Another Hour to Kill  (The Volstead Manor #2)
  • Mystery at the Inn (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #19)
  • Misfortune Cookies (When The Fat Ladies Sing Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Assignment: Bodyguard (Secret Agent Series, #4)
  • Downtown Green (Green #5)
  • First the Dead
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Love in Bloom (The Heart of Main Street, #1)
  • A Promise to Protect (Men of Valor #1)
  • Cat Trick (A Magical Cats Mystery, #4)
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • The Book of Hours
  • Ready to Wed (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #39)
Elizabeth Ludwig is an award-winning author and an accomplished speaker and teacher. Her historical novel Love Finds You in Calico, California earned four stars from RT Book Reviews. She is the owner and editor of the popular literary blog The Borrowed Book. Along with her husband and two children, Elizabeth makes her home in Orange, Texas. Learn more at www.elizabethludwig.com.
More about Elizabeth Ludwig...

Massachusetts Mayhem (3 books)
  • Where the Truth Lies