Start by marking “Dragon's Lair (The Drake's #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Lair (The Drake's #1)

Dragon's Lair (The Drake's #1)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When his family's nemesis tries to find a book of Druidic-elder spells, Druid Braeden Drake and his estranged wife, Alexia, must unite to prevent the evil force from unleashing a supreme reign of terror. But having Alexia return to Dragon's Lair brings along another set of troubles. For not only does she make him senseless with desire, she's also being followed by the enem ...more
Paperback, Silhouette Nocturne #58, 275 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by Silhouette Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Lair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Lair

Julie (jjmachshev)
"Dragon's Lair" is Denise Lynn's debut story for Harlequin's paranormal Nocturne line. Her tale involves dragons, sorcery, and love lost and found.

Alexia fell in love with Braeden hard and fast. She learned to live with his passion for work and challenge, his neatness, and even his magic. But when she suffered a miscarriage after a suspicious car accident, their marriage fell apart and she ran. Now pages from a mysterious ancient grimoire belonging to Braeden's family have appeared on her desk a
Sandy M
It’s been a while since I’ve read a Nocturne, and when I end up with a good one I always ask myself why I wait so long to read another. Never really get a good answer to that question other than the usual too many books, too little time. I’m determined to remedy that as far as these Nocturnes go, though. I’ve had great luck with them in getting good stories and terrific characters, and Dragon’s Lair is right up there with the best.

Alexia Drake is on the run, having narrowly escaped a kidnapping
Amelia-Irene
Druid priests seem to have uncommonly long lives and so it appears here.

Alexia is being hunted, by who or what she has no idea, but she knows that it's not by her estranged husband. The book starts with her hiding from would be kidnappers as she's leaving work. Then when she trying to find a way into her house, it explodes. With no money, no credit cards (she's trying to keep her card usage down) and no where else to go, she heads to her husband's new business venture... just where she's being "
Andrea
Stacie
Feb 03, 2009 Stacie added it
This is the story of a couple who has unknowingly been manipulated to break up by an enemy. Then the enemy throws them back together so that he can fulfill a prophecy that will give him powers. This story also ties into some of this author's previous books but can be read alone.
Krissy
I've been in such a NOCTURNE kick lately that its not even funny. Dragon's Lair was one of my fabulous finds that I swooned and wooed over. Denise's Druids are fantastic! I couldn't get enough. I can't wait to invest more in this authors Nocturne books in the future.
Andrea Guy
A tale of a marriage gone wrong and the book of magic that brings the couple together through some really interesting circumstances.

This is one of the best Nocturnes that I've read so far. The sex was steamy and the story a touch bit creepy in a very good way.
Cara
Really well-written, and I liked the characters, but it read more like a contemporary romance with a little paranormal thrown in. I liked the story, but I expected more darkness and more magic and there wasn't enough of that.
Judy
what an awesome book, did not want it to end.
Kiki
Fantastic - could not read fast enough!
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Lizzy Bridgeton
Lizzy Bridgeton marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Tamra
Tamra marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Julieann Coleman
Julieann Coleman marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Rev
Rev marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Heather Heal
Heather Heal marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Cindy Warner
Cindy Warner marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
  • Vanished (Guardians #3)
  • The Hellhound King (Unbound #5)
  • The Vampire Affair
  • Mistress of the Underground (Secret Vampire Society #4)
  • Son of the Shadows (The Gifted #3)
  • Last of the Ravens
  • The Protector (Time Raiders #4)
  • Red Wolf (Wolf Moons #1)
  • The Adversary (Warriors for the Light #5)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Sentinels: Wolf Hunt (Sentinels #3)
  • The Slayer (Time Raiders #2)
  • Beast of Desire (Knights of White #2)
  • From the Mists of Wolf Creek
  • Revelation (Scions, #3)
  • Veiled Truth (Valorian Chronicles #3)
  • Deadly Redemption (Daughters of Myth #3)
  • Back to Life
Denise Lynn has been an avid reader of romance novels for many years. Between the pages of those books she traveled to lands and times filled with brave knights, courageous ladies and never-ending love.

Denise writes Medieval romances for Harlequin Historical and Paranormal romances for Silhouette Nocturne. Now she can share with others her dream of telling tales of love and romance.

More about Denise Lynn...

The Drake's (2 books)
  • Dragon's Curse (The Drake's #2)
Bedded by the Warrior (Harlequin Historical, #950) Bedded By Her Lord (Harlequin Historical, #874) Falcon's Heart (Falcon, #4) Commanded To His Bed (Harlequin Historical, #845) Pregnant by the Warrior