Dragon's Lair (The Drake's #1)

Dragon's Lair (The Drake's #1)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When his family's nemesis tries to find a book of Druidic-elder spells, Druid Braeden Drake and his estranged wife, Alexia, must unite to prevent the evil force from unleashing a supreme reign of terror. But having Alexia return to Dragon's Lair brings along another set of troubles. For not only does she make him senseless with desire, she's also being followed by the enem...more
Paperback, Silhouette Nocturne #58, 275 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by Silhouette Books

Julie (jjmachshev)
"Dragon's Lair" is Denise Lynn's debut story for Harlequin's paranormal Nocturne line. Her tale involves dragons, sorcery, and love lost and found.

Alexia fell in love with Braeden hard and fast. She learned to live with his passion for work and challenge, his neatness, and even his magic. But when she suffered a miscarriage after a suspicious car accident, their marriage fell apart and she ran. Now pages from a mysterious ancient grimoire belonging to Braeden's family have appeared on her desk a...more
Sandy M
It’s been a while since I’ve read a Nocturne, and when I end up with a good one I always ask myself why I wait so long to read another. Never really get a good answer to that question other than the usual too many books, too little time. I’m determined to remedy that as far as these Nocturnes go, though. I’ve had great luck with them in getting good stories and terrific characters, and Dragon’s Lair is right up there with the best.

Alexia Drake is on the run, having narrowly escaped a kidnapping...more
Amelia-Irene
Druid priests seem to have uncommonly long lives and so it appears here.

Alexia is being hunted, by who or what she has no idea, but she knows that it's not by her estranged husband. The book starts with her hiding from would be kidnappers as she's leaving work. Then when she trying to find a way into her house, it explodes. With no money, no credit cards (she's trying to keep her card usage down) and no where else to go, she heads to her husband's new business venture... just where she's being "...more
Krissy
I've been in such a NOCTURNE kick lately that its not even funny. Dragon's Lair was one of my fabulous finds that I swooned and wooed over. Denise's Druids are fantastic! I couldn't get enough. I can't wait to invest more in this authors Nocturne books in the future.
Andrea
Stacie
Feb 03, 2009 Stacie added it
This is the story of a couple who has unknowingly been manipulated to break up by an enemy. Then the enemy throws them back together so that he can fulfill a prophecy that will give him powers. This story also ties into some of this author's previous books but can be read alone.
Andrea Guy
A tale of a marriage gone wrong and the book of magic that brings the couple together through some really interesting circumstances.

This is one of the best Nocturnes that I've read so far. The sex was steamy and the story a touch bit creepy in a very good way.
Cara
Really well-written, and I liked the characters, but it read more like a contemporary romance with a little paranormal thrown in. I liked the story, but I expected more darkness and more magic and there wasn't enough of that.
Judy
what an awesome book, did not want it to end.
Kiki
Fantastic - could not read fast enough!
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Mayah
Mayah is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2014
Nomme
Nomme added it
Jul 17, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Valaree Greene
Valaree Greene marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Tandy
Tandy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Barbara Xedos
Barbara Xedos marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Valorie
Valorie marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Denise Lynn has been an avid reader of romance novels for many years. Between the pages of those books she traveled to lands and times filled with brave knights, courageous ladies and never-ending love.

Denise writes Medieval romances for Harlequin Historical and Paranormal romances for Silhouette Nocturne. Now she can share with others her dream of telling tales of love and romance.

More about Denise Lynn...
Bedded by the Warrior (Harlequin Historical, #950) Bedded By Her Lord (Harlequin Historical, #874) Falcon's Heart (Falcon, #4) Commanded To His Bed (Harlequin Historical, #845) Pregnant by the Warrior