Start by marking “Disgusting Things: A Miscellany” as Want to Read:
Disgusting Things: A Miscellany

Disgusting Things: A Miscellany

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A collection of extreme, gross-out, cringe-worthy? and irresistible?trivia.

How long does the human head remain conscious after decapitation?

What fish communicates by farting?

What birds use vomit and poop as weapons?

What worm lives in your intestine and may crawl out your nose?

What is ?liquid cat??

What historical figure drank the ashes of her dead husband?

What men can...more
Published August 5th 2008 by Perigee Trade (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Disgusting Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disgusting Things

dara
An amusing mix of informative and completely useless trivia meant to disgust and disturb--perfect for sharing with others. I now know that one can stop hiccups by massaging the rectum, but I hope I never actually utilize this information. The chapter on germs had me cleaning at three in the morning and paranoid about using grocery carts; the chapter on bugs made me itch; the chapter on death just made me uncomfortable with its descriptions of decaying and embalming.
Don Voorhees
From trivia expert Don Voorhees, Disgusting Things: A Miscellany is the ultimate book of outrageous, revolting, and repugnant trivia, a collection of equally upsetting and intriguing facts that will leave the reader grossed out—and wanting more.
Marianna
ALmost done-- one more chapter on animals-- this book tell all about turd, boogers, germs, odd foods, to strange habits of people, and animals. Interesting. Another fast reader-- a good bathroom book or waiting for something book.
Jessica
My friend and I read this book together during our lunch break and it made us laugh...and grossed us out at times. This book isn't ground-breaking in any way, but it had some interesting facts of random knowledge.
Karl Kindt
Fantastic fun, and all true. I could read books like this every day and never get enough. Now I know why SBD toots smell so much worse than regular toots!
April
A must for all things you probably would rather not know, but very entertaining in it's ridiculousness.
Pascale
A gross and disgusting book about gross and disgusting facts.
Cody
Feb 19, 2013 Cody added it
cool and wierd, i own it and read it alot.
Cole
Cole added it
Oct 12, 2014
Coralie
Coralie marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Trang
Trang marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Kswang28
Kswang28 marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
French Giant
French Giant marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Travis
Travis marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Xavier
Xavier marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
David Harris
David Harris marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Book of Totally Useless Information The Perfectly Useless Book of Useless Information: You'll Never Need to Know Anything That's in This Book...But Read It Anyway Why Does Popcorn Pop?: And 201 Other Fascinating Facts about Food The Perfectly Useless Book of Useless Information: You'll Never Need to Know Anything That's in This Book...But Read It Anyway The Essential Book of Useless Information (Holiday Edition): The Most Unimportant Things You'll Never Need to Know