Start by marking “A Will And A Way” as Want to Read:

A Will And A Way

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  1,810 ratings  ·  115 reviews
A New York Times Bestseller

Book 1 in the # 1 New York Times bestseller Engaging the Enemy series

It wasn't easy living with her infuriating co-beneficiary, Michael Donohue -- even to fulfill her uncle's last wishes -- but headstrong Pandora McVie found it still harder not falling in love with her nemesis.

Hardcover, Large Print, 288 pages
Published by Wheeler Publishing (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about A Will And A Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Will And A Way

Andreia Silva
Pandora e Michael conhecem-se desde sempre uma vez que são primos afastados e foram os únicos a contactar com o tio abastado e dono de um património grande. Quando morre, deixa um testamento peculiar para a maioria da família (que não acha lá muita piada) e uma exigência aos dois: viverem 6 meses na casa que ambos tão bem conhecem.

Ora, como é óbvio, eles não acham muita graça a isso mas, como gostam muito da casa e não a querem perder para ninguém, entram no esquema. E pouco a pouco lá se vão to
Chrys
Very entertaining read! Michael and Pandora have never had anything in common besides loving their Uncle Jolly, an old millionaire who loves pranks and having a good laugh. So when Uncle Jolly dies and leaves them a fortune on the condition that they live together for six months, Michael and Pandora find themselves trapped together in a situation they could have never foreseen. But when bickering transforms into attraction, they start wondering whether Uncle Jolly had planned for them a future t ...more
Maria
This is an interesting story about two people who 'hate' each other (but probably conveniently play off each other instead). They get stuck in the same huge mansion for six months to save said mansion from their power/wealth-hungry relatives. It's an interesting story, and I like Nora Roberts' style, but it wasn't the best book.

At the time though, it was a great way to get my mind off my 'harder' books, and it was available. I needed a romance at the time. It wasn't frothy like a lot of the thin
Gaysel
The story was not spectacular but it certainly wasn't boring either. It kept me wanting to read more and I was also a little 'scared' at times for Pandora. A good read.
Romanticdryad
While they don't think much of each other Pandora McVie and her cousin-by-marriage Michael have long been the only reasonable companions to Pandora's eccentric and rich Uncle Jolley. Now that Uncle Jolley is dead, he wills his estate to the two of them so long as they manage to live together in the place for six months.

This is a mid range offering from Nora Roberts. There are no real suprises in the plot or the characters but the way the story played out was enjoyable and the main characters wer
Fanny Roswita Ria
Berawal dari surat wasiat Paman Joelley, sosok yang sangat dikagumi oleh hero dan heroine yang mengharuskan mereka untuk tinggal di rumah pamannya selama 6 bulan untuk yg menjadi syarat utama dalam mendapatkan wasiat mereka berdua dengan kalimat utamanya "berbagilah sama rata, berbagilah dengan adil"

Dari awal hero dan heroine ini sangat bertolak belakang, selalu penuh panah sindir menyindir akan masing2 profesi mereka sendiri kalo tdk ada paman Joelley yg jadi penengah maka pertengkaran kecil me
Komal Nadeem
The ones who spat at each other should be married - Norah Roberts, A Will and A Way

The moment Pandora encountered Micheal for the first time, I was hooked to this book. I read it years ago, but the fragrance of fresh and brutally honest love that I got from this novel is still with me. I do not like love stories because I read a lot them and somehow I did feel that Norah followed the theme of Judith McNaught in which protagonists hate each other at first but eventually fall in love. But perha
Bev Taylor
michael and pandora r in a room with a lawyer and their other relatives hearing the will of their favourite uncle

they r left the majority of his estate - much to the disgust of the others - with one proviso. they must live in his house together for 6 months, the only problem is that they r only polite to one another in the company of their uncle.

it is obvious from the first chapter how it is going to go and frankly i could not get thru it quick enough to move onto another book

2 questions - wh
Carla Ramos
3,5

Não gostei particularmente das personagens, pareceram-me sempre distantes, a parte do mistério acabou por ser a mais interessante :)
Duncan Mandel
It was worse than winning the lottery—much worse. This bequest might mean more money, but the strings attached had Pandora McVie tied up in knots. Respecting Uncle Jolley's last wishes meant spending time isolated in the Catskills with Michael Donahue, her least favorite—though best looking-—distant relative and co-beneficiary. Living with a carrot-topped termagant wasn't Michael's idea of a good time, either, but he realized they were stuck. Jolley was a matchmaker to the end—and apparently for ...more
Joan
I enjoyed Nora Roberts's A Will and a Way. Skillful plotting, thorough character-development, and a smooth writing style worked together to make a very engrossing read. Although the outcome of the plot was pretty obvious, and even the steps that led to it were fairly predictable, the journey from the premise of the novel to the conclusion was an enjoyable one. As a student of the writing process, I was encouraged to note that "show instead of tell" isn't always the way to a good novel. Roberts d ...more
Evelina
I picked up A Will and a Way at a yard sale years and years ago, and it’s one of those books that I don’t regret buying used, but I would never have bought new.

I am not going to lie; this is not in any way a masterpiece. It’s also not as horrible as one would assume. I actually think it’s pretty okay.

Once the story gets going it’s fairly engaging. I have to admit that love stories where the characters initially dislike each other is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, even if this one isn’t as w
Penny Linsenmayer
So, I was very underwhelmed by this book, the very first Nora Roberts book I've picked up. Skimming some of the other reviews, this is a re-release of a novel she wrote decades ago, early in her career. Good to know, because she violates quite a number of the customary writing prohibitions (including head-hopping from one paragraph to another, which was incredibly difficult to follow, and using a weird omniscient narrator POV at times).
Pat
3.5 stars...We have an estate worth millions, a disgruntled greedy bunch of leeches (aka family) contesting the unusual conditions of Jolley's will which expressly states that cousins Pandora and Michael must remain under the estate's roof for six months before they inherit it all and only one problem with the old man's scheme--Michael and Pandora can barely tolerate one another and someone seems bent on putting them in harm's way. Obvious from the beginning...yet Delightfully rendered!p
Melvin Mathews
One of the first Nora Roberts novels I read... Two people who hate eachother (ostensibly), but are actually perfect for eachother, are brought together by circumstances outside their control, and end up in love. This was the book that brought me to the phenom that was and is Nora Roberts (though some of her lalter books have been a little formulaic) and it was totally worth it. Recently re-read the book and still like it.
Barbara
One of Nora's oldies--first published in 1986.

Easy going, pleasant read. A good romance, an interesting bit of mystery, likable main characters. Not a bad way to spend an hour or so.

fairly standard plot--eccentric (and very very rich)relative leaves bulk of his estate to our hero and heroine(distant cousins) provided they both live in the mansion for the next six months. Of course they can't stand each other at the outset. Of course the other relatives do their best to sabotage the arrangement.
Diana
I wish I could give this 2.5 stars. Really wanted something fun and mindless since I've been doing quite a bit of heavy reading lately; this definitely was all of that. I couldn't quite give it three stars because the characters all seemed kind of ridiculous and a third grader could have anticipated the plot from the first twenty pages of the book, but hey..it did entertain me for a couple of days and was a nice light read.
Mary
A very early Nora that should never have been rereleased

This is a book originally published in 1986. If nothing else, it shows how far her style has evolved. I don't recommend reading this because the plot is so thin and the characters are cardboard cutouts. I LOVE Nora Roberts but this was just a waste of 99¢ and a couple of hours of my time.
Maura
Sue
3.5

Two strong, opinionated people are forced by a stipulation in a will to spend six months together, will they make it? Will they fall in love? I think it's obvious but then again this genre is not known for surprises but then again we do enjoy the journey.

This journey was quite good and the dialog was fun.
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Tinggal serumah hanya untuk memenuhi sebuah surat wasiat, rasanya mudah sekali. tetapi jika teman serumahmu adalah musuh bebuyutan, rasanya harus pikir-pikir lagi.
Tapi karena untuk mendapatkan warisan tersebut, keduanya harus tinggal bersama2, mau tidak mau harus di buat aturan main yang baik.
Itu yg di lakukan Pandora dan Michael, ketika mereka diwajibkan untuk tinggal bersama demi bisa mendapatkan warisan Paman Jolly yang antik.
Tetapi ternyata tidak semudah yang mereka harapkan, banyak pihak ya
Julie Wittekind
Family Foley!

A frustrating but exciting read with a very large inheritance at stake....an unexpected will of Uncle Foley and escalating mischief plus a possibility of a little romance makes this another enjoyable story from Nora Roberts.
Jody Stewart
I enjoyed the book very much.

I thought I'd figured the who did it in the first half of this book. I was wrong but the ending was great with an added surprise. A must read for all you Nora Roberts fans.
Julie Sweeney
A great story from the beginning to the end

Two strong characters that battled themselves and other forces throughout the story. Never dull or boring!! I definitely will reread this one
Hermie
"Are you in love with me, Pandora?"
“Yes. I‟m doing my best to reverse the situation.”
She pretends not to feel but he leaves flowers on her pillow, he lights up candles just for the ambience...
“Let me know how it works out,” he said, and lulled her to sleep.

Donna
predicable

I love Nora, but you can tell this is one of her earlier books. It was so predictable, but well written. If you are a Nora fan, go ahead and read it. If not, try The Witness or one of her better stories.
unknown
Great romance

As always, Nora Roberts hit's a winner with this book. Her stories are always a joy to read and this one is no exception. You can't go wrong with one of her stories.

Sophie
As ever with Nora Roberts this was a fair predictable story with the guy and the girl getting together despite initially not getting on. The details were good and I enjoyed the way she described them both at their work.
Suze
A WILL AND A WAY

Fairly good story - I would have enjoyed it more if Pandora had been a more likeable character. She had her moments, but mostly came across as a spoiled brat.
Deborah J Kruger
Good story

I chose this rating because the story keeps you wanting to read further until you know what's going to happen next. The twists and turns keeps you glued to the pages.
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • Ready For Marriage
  • A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #11)
  • Unveiled (Ashton/Rosemoor, #2)
  • The Strange Year of Vanessa M.
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • Halfway There (Fool's Gold, #9.75)
  • Alma Rebelde
  • Night Fever
  • Against His Will
  • Stand-in Groom
  • Escape from Cabriz
  • Between the Lines
  • Winter Interlude (California Series, #1)
  • Honorable Intentions (The Landis Brothers, #5)
  • The Backup Plan (The Charleston Trilogy, #1)
  • The Devil's Own (Hellraisers, #2)
  • Against the Odds (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #7)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...