Start by marking “The Marquis de Lafayette: Bright Sword for Freedom” as Want to Read:
The Marquis de Lafayette: Bright Sword for Freedom

The Marquis de Lafayette: Bright Sword for Freedom

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Published 1958 by Random House

To ask other readers questions about The Marquis de Lafayette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marquis de Lafayette

Chris Gager
I read some of these Landmark Books as a kid but it's hard to remember which ones. So... reading this will be a trip and a tribute. Also a look at a character from Simon Shama's "Citizens". I suspect this will be a bit of a propaganda exercise. The author's name rings a bell - Washington D.C./government kind of thing. I'll look it up later.

Got into it a bit last night. The style is a bit tilted towards yea- America propaganda. Typical white version of history. Slavery? Indian genocide? - never h
Tracey
My oh my oh my! I loved this book! I learned so much about Marquis de Lafayette. He played a vital role in our country's quest for freedom. I don't think we convey his importance in schools.

I truly believe all students should have to read this Landmark Series before graduating from high school. The problem is ... finding all of the books!
Sheralyn Belyeu
Imprisonment, escapes, battles, conspiracy, thrilling speeches, interviews with Washington, Napoleon, Jefferson, Franklin--Lafayette's life was the stuff of legend. Great overview of a great man!
Todd Kruse
A quick but educational read. I had no idea Lafayette was offered the governorship of the Louisiana Territory by President Jefferson. That would have placed him along with Lewis and Clark in yet another chapter of the USA's history. Lafayette led a fascinating life that is worth studying.
Olga Levin
I believe that this is the one that I read as a kid in 4th grade. Not entirely sure though.
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Makeda
Makeda marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Xxnovakyahoo.com
Xxnovakyahoo.com marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Stephanie Coy
Stephanie Coy marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Steven Harbin
Steven Harbin marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Noah
Noah added it
Nov 08, 2013
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
T
T added it
Aug 02, 2013
Megan Girvin
Megan Girvin marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Flushed: How the Plumber Saved Civilization Off the Deep End A Viking Voyage: In Which an Unlikely Crew of Adventurers Attempts an Epic Journey to the New World Westward Whoa: In the Wake of Lewis and Clark Stolen Water: Saving the Everglades from Its Friends, Foes, and Florida