Start by marking “Where the Truth Lies” as Want to Read:
Where the Truth Lies

Where the Truth Lies (Massachusetts Mayhem #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Casey Alexander refuses to believe her aunt committed suicide. Convinced a murderer is hiding out in her aunt’s sleepy hometown, she’ll do anything to uncover the truth. But as her personal investigation produces mounting evidence, the danger to Casey grows. Now she’ll be forced to trust certain residents of Pine Mills for help, including local nursery owner, Luke Kerrigai ...more
Published April 11th 2008 by Heartsong Presents (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Where the Truth Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where the Truth Lies

Loraine
SUMMARY: Casey Alexander refuses to believe her aunt committed suicide. Convinced a murderer is hiding out in her aunt's sleepy hometown, she'll do anything to uncover the truth. But as her personal investigation produces mounting evidence, the danger to Casey grows. Now she'll be forced to trust certain residents of Pine Mills for help, including local nursery owner Luke Kerrigain -- the man with whom she's falling in love ... and who may be stalking her.

REVIEW: This cozy mystery had several su
Katie
I love to read a good mystery, and Where the Truth Lies is exactly the kind of mystery I enjoy reading. Instantly, I was drawn into the book and wondering, along with Casey, Luke, and Monah, “who dunit”? The plot had several twists and turns along the way and was intricately woven together to make a compelling mystery that left you guessing. Towards the end I knew “who dunit” but had yet to figure out the “where” and “why”. The ending is always the most fun to read when everything that was perpl ...more
Ane Mulligan
Where the Truth Lies has more twists that a bag of rotini. You won't guess the end of this quirky mystery, and when you get the answer to one clue, it merely opens the door to more secrets. The surprises keep coming right up to the end.

Well written, Ludwig and Mowery have blended their personal styles seamlessly in this fast-paced mystery. I'm looking forward to more from this talented team. Novel Reviews gives Where the Truth Lies a high recommendation.
Diana
This is rather a simplistic mystery. Casey Alexander's Aunt Lydia has disappeared. Everyone assumes she has committed susicide, but no one has found a body. It also doesn't appear that the local police are very interested in looking for a body. Casey meets Luke, a local hotie, who has befriended by Aunt Lyia for most of his life since his mother died. (How is these heroines come to town, meet the hotie and fall in love in a matter of days?) Aunt Lydia's roses are dying so Luke digs them up to re ...more
Bookadventurer
Jul 10, 2011 Bookadventurer rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cozy mystery, Christian inspired
I really enjoy Heartsong's Mysteries, but so far I have enjoyed this one the absolute most. The action started at the very beginning, and really kept me intrigued until the very end. At times I even found myself screaming at Casey "don't do that!" In addition to Casey, Luke and Monah made for very likable characters, and the mystery took a lot of twist and turns that I wasn't expecting. Even when I thought I had something figured out, another thing popped up.

I will definitely be picking up the
Joy Gerbode
This is a good cozy mystery (although I had several "suspects" it kept me guessing until the end on the details). It also pointed me in the direction of a deeper trust and faith in God, so I especially appreciated that aspect . . . and the romance only helped make it more fun!
ChrisGA
Cozy mystery with Christian themes. Casey solves her aunt's disappearance by emulating her favorite mystery book heroine.
Amy Pitts
This was a pretty good book. Old secrets, family scandals, and til the end questions made it right up my alley!
Michelle
wonderful read. Can't wait to read more of this series.
PWRL
Jan 05, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Susie Neal
Susie Neal marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Kathie
Kathie added it
Jul 01, 2015
Joe (JP) Foley
Joe (JP) Foley marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Treska
Treska marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Shirley Morrison
Shirley Morrison marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Dian Macnichol
Dian Macnichol marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
G
G added it
Nov 23, 2014
Nanabarbar
Nanabarbar marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Elizabeth Ludwig is an award-winning author and an accomplished speaker and teacher. Her historical novel Love Finds You in Calico, California earned four stars from RT Book Reviews. She is the owner and editor of the popular literary blog The Borrowed Book. Along with her husband and two children, Elizabeth makes her home in Orange, Texas. Learn more at www.elizabethludwig.com.
More about Elizabeth Ludwig...

Massachusetts Mayhem (3 books)
  • Died in the Wool (Hometown Mysteries)
  • Inn Plain Sight
No Safe Harbor (Edge of Freedom, #1) Love Finds You in Calico, California Tide and Tempest (Edge of Freedom, #3) Dark Road Home (Edge of Freedom, #2) Died in the Wool (Hometown Mysteries)