Start by marking “Fudge-Laced Felonies (Summer Meadows Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Fudge-Laced Felonies (Summer Meadows Mystery #1)

Fudge-Laced Felonies (Summer Meadows Mystery #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  31 reviews
While transplanting the rosebush her church’s handsome greeter, Ethan Banning, inadvertently killed, Summer and Ethan discover a hidden stash of diamonds, a rusty can full of cash, and a bloody gardening glove. This discovery sets Summer and her candy-making aunt on a search for a killer.

As Summer gets closer to the truth—not only of the theft but of her true feelings for
Published October 24th 2010 by Spyglass Lanes (first published June 24th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fudge-Laced Felonies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fudge-Laced Felonies

Heather
I notice that most of the reviews for this book are really negative, I would like to add a positive one.
I really enjoyed this story! It was simple but that is exactly what I expected and exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a book that I could just loose my self in like a cheesy Lifetime movie and this did the trick.
I enjoyed each character. I found them to be almost real, at least real enough to relate to. True, the plot was almost easy to figure out and a little predictable but so are che
Bookadventurer
Wow, I, like another reviewer enjoyed this book and was a little surprised that some of the reviews on here are so harsh! I read Candy-Coated Secrets (#2) in this series first because at the time that was the only one available on the Nook, and I really enjoyed it. For those that don't know, these are a Christian-inspired cozy mystery series that was originally published under Heartsong Presents, but now are published for e-books under Spyglass Lane Mysteries. I am really excited to see a lot of ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was a nice gentle Christian book which lost my attention on a regular basis. I love Christian books but this was weakly written as a mystery. The main sleuth is more worried about the crime than opening her candy store.

The main police influence is constantly not following police procedures and is more interested in dating.

It was just not believable and should have been a romance not a mystery.
Kenneth Funk
It was a slow read. I have never read this author before so I thought I would check her out. The writing was very simple and I got the impression that it was written for early teen girls. If you have nothing else in the house and need to kill a few hours then this would be a good book to do it with.
Kaye
Almost 30 year old characters felt like teenagers. Silly mystery/romance plot. Easy to figure out who did it. For cozy fans - don't bother.
Judy Ortiz

Disjointed and erratic story line. Jr high drama. I quit after 4 chapters. Waste of time.
DelAnne Frazee
Title: Fudge Laced Felonies (Summer Meadows Mystery Series Book 1)
Author: Cynthia Hickey
Kindle Edition

Synopsis:
When Ethan Banning replaces a rosebush in Summer Meadow's rose garden, Ethan and Summer discover a cache of diamonds and a bloody glove. Under another bush they find a rusted can with a rolled up wad of cash. Thus the interest of Summer is peaked. Thought only to be a beautiful, flighty, slightly spoiled young woman, Summer wants to prove to her family and friends she is capable of more
Linda Husvar
This faith-based mystery was laced with lots of humor, adventure, and danger. We saw close family relationships with Summer, Aunt Eunice, Uncle Roy and Police man Cousin Joe. I liked the character development depicted in Summer and Ethan's relationship as Summer got into one scrape after another. The author used several other characters to keep us guessing about who was the thief and murderer. Highly recommended for cozy mystery fans.
Jill
Fudge-Laced Felonies a mystery laced with Christianity. It was good for what it was but the story lackes substance. I mean, we get it you're in love with this guy that you think doesn't like you but obviously does. The new guy in town gives you attention but also creeps you out but you still hang out with him? The mystery part was pretty obvious too but since I kept turning the pages to see what would happen next to this complete train wreck of a girl, Summer, I had to keep going and give it 3 s ...more
Teresa Collins
I loved this story. The introduction I read called the series of book Christian, cozy mysteries, and that's exactly what they are, except the reviewer forgot to mention how well-written they are with an excellent storyline. Now, granted, these books are not going to be for everybody because you can tell from the way Ms Hickey writes that her faith in God is very important to her. Her references to her faith aren't just forced into the story in order to make it qualify as a Christian mystery. It ...more
Ruth Caves
Never listen, never learn

Amateur detective isn't a good decision for a chocolatere. If people would just stop telling her to stay out of it, she wouldn't be so determined to solve the case herself.
Cute story, quick read.
Rae
I enjoyed this book very much. It's nothing Earth shattering but it is a lovely, easy, warm fuzzy read. The ending was a bit predictable and I worked out "who done it" by about half way through (which is rare for me, I pretty much never know!) but the writing style was nice and light and the main characters were easy to relate to. I enjoyed the Christian aspect of this story - it was well done. Present but not over powering. A lovely rainy day read.
Krisnow18
While I liked the characters and the book itself, it had just a little bit too much religion in it for me. Why did she keep asking God for his input on solving murders? It is one thing for the older characters to say "Thank the Lord" from time to time, but all in all the religion was not necessary at all. It didn't add anything to the book.

While transplanting a rose bush Summer Meadows discovers a stash of jewels, a can full of cash and a bloody glove. Where did they come from? Who is missing? S
Amy
Excellent book. I couldn't believe all the negative reviews. I will definitely be looking for the rest of the series. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Ashley
This book had everything I love. I can't get enough amateur detective novels, with a stubborn heroine that is genuine and likeable, which are qualities I found in the adorable Summer Meadows. The story is interesting from start to finish and the characters are very developed and easy to identify with. Ethan, for one, is just perfect, and Aunt Eunice is quite a character. The story is a bit predictable at times, which I didn't mind a bit, and I didn't feel there were any dull moments in this book ...more
Pamela
Loved this story, Ethan and Summer are great. Aunt Eunice and Uncle Roy were wonderful.
Jeffrey A Lecky
Sweetread

This is a enjoyable story. I like the twist and turns. You don't know how it was going to end with a sweet chocolate treat.
Diane creech
mystery and romance

This tale is about Summer Meadows and her determination to solve a mystery. She lives in a small town with an Aunt and an Uncle and just opened up her own candy shop. When she digs up a rose bush to replace it she finds a load of diamonds. The story also involves money and several corpses. Her life is on the line. Still she insists on solving the crime. There is also a romance going with her best friend. So many things happen but it still kept my interest. I did enjoy this boo
Jean
This is the first of a series of mysteries. This is well written, the characters are fun to know, but Summer the main character is 30 years old and one would swear (or not since this is a Christian cozy mystery) that she is about 17, 18 tops, by her bahavior. I have to date read 3 and still have one more to read. All good stories, but I just can't take the immaturity of the characters. My problem, not the books. If you can get around this, you will probably really like this one and the ones to f ...more
Melissainau
Nearly 30 year olds that act like entitled teenagers. Overt religious references on at least every second page. Entitled, immature protagonist who hangs out in her bedroom with friends and is shocked when a BOY goes in there. Lack of police follow through on um pretty much everything. This was über cheap for the Kindle but actually I'd rather get out of bed than suffer through any more.
Michelle
Nice, cozy read

I thoroughly enjoyed this clean, Christian, and cozy mystery. The main character is a lovable, slightly naive, amateur sleuths who just grows on you quickly. This is a very well-written and funny book. There is romance in it, but is clean. I will be reading more from this author.
Kay  Compton
I liked this one! A good christian cozy, with God-centered characters who try to live life with God as their focus. The characters were well developed, and the plot was spot on. i really enjoyed this one, and immediately went to the second book in the series, because I liked it so well!
Patricia
Cynthia Hickey has created a quirky character who loves to attempt to solve crimes. The heroine is fairly good at it but constantly is at odds with her law enforcement cousin. Overall it is a fun read that keeps you interested, and is written in a Christian-based format.
Deanna Mosier
fun murder mystery

First book I've read by this author, but it won't be the last. Fun mysteries with great characters. I enjoyed the read.
Shelly
See other one star ratings reviews - they say it all. Save your money and after you've resisted the urge to buy 5 of this series (or ones similiar) buy a really good one - an Ivy Malone mystery! You won't be a bit sorry!
RO G'ma
This book is a wonderful, sweet Christian mystery, with a few nail biting moments. I love good clean mysteries.
Debbie
It was an ok story for me, I didn't pay much so it was no great disappointment. I agree with another reviewer in the fact that the main character is immature and acts like a teenager.
Janell
This was an OK mystery but it is totally annoying when the main character has very little "gray matter" between her ears! Her actions and reasoning were so childish. (sigh)
Marilyn
Good

the murder and the money;diamonds that were headen but keeps being found in strange places.the accidents that keeps happening to the women .
Chris Unwin
Cozy Christian mystery/romance read. While the main character is pushing 30 and acts immature in her thought process let it go and just enjoy the series!
I.B. Nosey, the O...: * May 22, 2014, Cynthia Hickey Guest Stars! 3 4 May 22, 2014 11:09AM
  • Another Stab at Life (A Volstead Manor Mystery, #1)
  • A Cup of Cozy (Book #1)
  • A Christmas Arrangement
  • Mayhem in Christmas River (Christmas River Cozy Mysteries, #2)
  • The Body in the Fjord (Faith Fairchild, #8)
  • Good, Clean Murder
  • Antiques Maul (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #2)
  • Murder in the Winter (Dekker Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Murderous Muffins (Chubby Chicks Club, #2)
  • Missing Mabel
  • Murder In The Milk Case
  • The St. Valentine's Day Cookie Massacre (Hatter's Cove Gazette Mystery #1)
  • Cranberry Bluff
  • Murdering the Roses (Heavenly Highland Inn Mystery #1)
  • Unholy Hunger (Lure of the Serpent, #1)
  • Lonesome Road (Miss Silver, #3)
  • Murder on the Ghost Walk (Magnolia Mysteries, #1)
  • Murder to Go (Food Truck Mysteries, Book 1)
2041605
Multi-published author Cynthia Hickey had three cozy mysteries published through Barbour Publishing, with a novella releasing in March 2013. Her first mystery, Fudge-Laced Felonies, won first place in the inspirational category of the Great Expectations contest in 2007. Her third cozy, Chocolate-Covered Crime, received a four-star review from Romantic Times. All three cozies have been re-released ...more
More about Cynthia Hickey...

Summer Meadows Mystery (3 books)
  • Candy Coated Secrets (Summer Meadows Mystery #2)
  • Chocolate-Covered Crime (Summer Meadows Mystery #3)
Anything For A Story (A Nosy Neighbor Mystery, #1) A Love for Delicious Mistaken Assassin (Overcoming Evil #1) A Killer Plot (A Nosy Neighbor Mystery, #2) Deadly Neighbors (River Valley Mystery #1)