Homicide at Blue Heron Lake (Mainely Murder Mystery Series #1) (Heartsong Presents Mysteries)

Homicide at Blue Heron Lake (Mainely Murder Mystery Series #1) (Mainely Mysteries)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Emily Grant returns to the lakeside community of Baxter, Maine, expecting a peaceful week in her family's island cottage. Instead, she and her high school crush, Nate Holman, discover the body of Henry Derbin, an elderly island resident. Later, Emily finds another body, buried more than a decade earlier, on Mr. Derbin's land. Can Emily and Nate overcome past hindrances to...more
Published January 18th 2008 by Heartsong Presents

Sonja
Loved the start to this series! Great mystery, and a solid current of faith in actio.
Bookadventurer
I really enjoyed this light read set in Maine (#1 out of 3, Mainely Mysteries series). I just recently discovered these Christian inspired mysteries by Heartsong Presents, but apparently I'm a little late as the book club was discontinued due to low subscriptions and the economy a while ago. Out of all the heartsong series, this is one of my favorites so far.

Good news as of 2/2012: these stories are now are now available on the Nook for really great price, so I am super excited to finish the ser...more
Diane
Emily, a young woman returns home to sell a lake cabin wondering about her high school sweetheart, Nate, who she has compared to all others. She finds him still there. The tranquil lake community is shattered when she finds two bodies, both murders. Her reporter skills quickly take over to try to solve the murders. Along the way she rekindles her relationship with Nate.

An easy book to read; Christian Mystery Novel. No worries about graphic murder detail, sexual situations or profanity; very ref...more
Celise
The Good: I really enjoyed this mystery; two murders solved in one book, with gentle romance to boot!

The Bad: Not really "bad", but it seemed way too far stretched that the main characters were finding soooo many clues to turn over to the police -- didn't seem like the police were doing anything.

The Ugly: Nothing ugly about this one.
Margie
I loved this book!!! It was written with humor mixed with a sense of suspense. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and if you are looking for a good read that is very entertaining, this is the book for you...actually mine was 3 in 1 so I just finished reading the 3rd..great book!!
Wendy Poole
This book was entertaining enough...very predictable, but still entertaining.
Michele bookloverforever
mystery with Christian theme.
PWRL
May 13, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
O
Loraine
Loraine is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2014
ChrisGA
ChrisGA marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Katie Easley
Katie Easley marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Laura Ayres
Laura Ayres marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Alana
Alana added it
Jan 20, 2014
JoAnne Wright Eckhart
JoAnne Wright Eckhart marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Jennifer is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: I'm a native of central Maine, and grew up on a small farm with a wonderful mom and dad, three sisters and a brother. Most of my books take place in small towns, many of them in Maine.

My husband, Jim, and I moved to his birth state, Oregon, for a while after we were married, but decided to move back to Maine and be near my family. We're so glad we did. It allowed our six ch...more
More about Susan Page Davis...
The Sheriff's Surrender (The Ladies' Shooting Club Series, #1) Love Finds You in Prince Edward Island, Canada The Lady's Maid (Prairie Dreams, #1) Frasier Island (Frasier Island Series #1) The Gunsmith's Gallantry (The Ladies' Shooting Club, #2)