Start by marking “Homicide at Blue Heron Lake (Mainely Murder Mystery Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Homicide at Blue Heron Lake (Mainely Murder Mystery Series #1)

Homicide at Blue Heron Lake (Mainely Mysteries #1)

Emily Grant returns to the lakeside community of Baxter, Maine, expecting a peaceful week in her family's island cottage. Instead, she and her high school crush, Nate Holman, discover the body of Henry Derbin, an elderly island resident. Later, Emily finds another body, buried more than a decade earlier, on Mr. Derbin's land. Can Emily and Nate overcome past hindrances to ...more
Published January 18th 2008 by Heartsong Presents

To ask other readers questions about Homicide at Blue Heron Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homicide at Blue Heron Lake

Loraine
Jul 12, 2014 Loraine rated it really liked it
SUMMARY: Emily Grant returns to the lakeside community of Baxter, Maine, expecting a peaceful week in her family's island cottage. Instead, she and her high school crush, Nate Holman, discover the body of Henry Derbin, an elderly island resident. Later, Emily finds another body, buried more than a decade earlier, on Mr. Derbin's land. Can Emily and Nate overcome past hindrances to their romance long enough to dig up clues that will help solve both murders?

REVIEW: This new-to-me mystery series w
Deb Brammer
Dec 27, 2015 Deb Brammer rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Mainely Murder Mystery Series by Susan Davis and her daughter Megan. Emily Gray returns to her hometown/island to get her mother's home prepared to sell. She enjoys renewing ties with ex-boyfriend Nate Holman when one of the long-term residents of her island gets murdered. Emily's a reporter and Nate runs the marina and gives boat rides to anyone needing transport to the tiny island. The two join forces to try to figure out who committed this murder and another murd ...more
Diane
Apr 09, 2011 Diane rated it liked it
Emily, a young woman returns home to sell a lake cabin wondering about her high school sweetheart, Nate, who she has compared to all others. She finds him still there. The tranquil lake community is shattered when she finds two bodies, both murders. Her reporter skills quickly take over to try to solve the murders. Along the way she rekindles her relationship with Nate.

An easy book to read; Christian Mystery Novel. No worries about graphic murder detail, sexual situations or profanity; very ref
David
Mar 14, 2016 David rated it liked it
"Homicide at Blue Heron Lake" by Susan Page David was a decent mystery. I liked that a decent cast of plausible culprits were scattered through the novel. The solution and investigation of the mystery made sense. Nate and Emily made good casual amateur sleuths. The setting at a summer resort in Maine with a cottage-country island in the middle of a lake, with a boys camp one island over, was evocative of vacations and happy times. Nice contrast with the two murders!
Willa
Dec 09, 2009 Willa rated it really liked it
The Good: I really enjoyed this mystery; two murders solved in one book, with gentle romance to boot!

The Bad: Not really "bad", but it seemed way too far stretched that the main characters were finding soooo many clues to turn over to the police -- didn't seem like the police were doing anything.

The Ugly: Nothing ugly about this one.
Martic
May 19, 2016 Martic rated it liked it
A sweet romantic suspense set in northern Maine. I had an inkling of whodunit, but it still could have been one of several folks, so Ms. Page did a great job in keeping me hooked until the final reveal.
Margie
Apr 15, 2011 Margie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! It was written with humor mixed with a sense of suspense. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and if you are looking for a good read that is very entertaining, this is the book for you...actually mine was 3 in 1 so I just finished reading the 3rd..great book!!
Marcie Miller
Jul 16, 2014 Marcie Miller rated it really liked it
A good mystery...keeps you interested, but at times can be a little laid back
PWRL
May 13, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
O
Michele bookloverforever
mystery with Christian theme.
ChrisGA
Oct 20, 2016 ChrisGA rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-read-in-2016
Enjoyable cozy mystery with a strong Christian message.
Janell
Oct 23, 2015 Janell rated it liked it
Average mystery - average characters. A little bland, though. Just so-so.
Sonja
Apr 04, 2014 Sonja rated it it was amazing
Loved the start to this series! Great mystery, and a solid current of faith in actio.
Jenny
Mar 23, 2016 Jenny rated it liked it
Sweet mystery. I liked the main characters and small town in Maine setting. It needed a bit more excitement or humor to make it REALLY good.
Wendy Poole
Aug 21, 2010 Wendy Poole rated it liked it
This book was entertaining enough...very predictable, but still entertaining.
Sandi
Sandi rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Kristy
Kristy rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2013
Karol
Karol rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2012
Bobbie J
Bobbie J rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2014
Cathryn
Cathryn rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
June
June rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Sylvia Nash
Sylvia Nash rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2013
Theresa Plourde
Theresa Plourde rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Janet
Jan 21, 2015 Janet rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. A little romance, a little mystery a lot of rain.
Allison Kohn
Allison Kohn rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
Beverly Locker
Beverly Locker rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Iola
Iola rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2011
Kathy Wright
Kathy Wright rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Sheri
Sheri rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: I'm a native of central Maine, and grew up on a small farm with a wonderful mom and dad, three sisters and a brother. Most of my books take place in small towns, many of them in Maine.

My husband, Jim, and I moved to his birth state, Oregon, for a while after we were married, but decided to move back to Maine and be near my family. It allowed our six children to grow up feel
More about Susan Page Davis...

Mainely Mysteries (3 books)
  • Treasure at Blue Heron Lake (Mainely Murder, #2)
  • Impostors at Blue Heron Lake (Mainely Mysteries #3)