Start by marking “Experiencing Grief” as Want to Read:
Experiencing Grief

Experiencing Grief

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  10 reviews
At one time or another, we will all find ourselves facing a dark journey—the passage through grief. Experiencing Grief is written for a person who is in the wake of despair grief leaves. This brief but powerful book will help lead readers out of their grief experience through five stages of grief. At the end of the journey is peace and a seasoned, more mature faith.
Published July 1st 2004 by B&H Books

To ask other readers questions about Experiencing Grief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Experiencing Grief

S.L. Hughson
I don't know if I could have read this book when grief over my mom's death was fresh. Even a year later, many passages put me into tears or brought other emotions to the surface. I do believe this book's greatest value lies in helping those who want to help someone they love through the grieving process. It spotlights different behaviors that are completely normal so we won't worry when we see them in our grieving loved one. Also, the information here might help me grieve more effectively throug ...more
Short read, slender book, but it is thick with information on the grieving process. While this pertains mostly to grieving the death of someone, it can be applied to the "death" of a relationship, a business, or any thing else that ends and causes a person to grieve. I have learned a lot from this book as it has put the proverbial face with the name: why do we grieve and what are the scenes of grief we all experience; everyone grieves at their own pace. Woven through this book is the explanation ...more
Sherri Moorer
An excellent book that gives a great overview of the grieving process. I read this in hopes of helping my husband deal with the recent loss of his father, and I learned a lot.
Garland Vance
Good insights on how one experiences grief. It is small (which is good since grief often causes a lack of concentration) and deals authentically with difficult issues. I found myself frequently nodding in agreement with my own experience of grieving the loss of my mother. It is a useful companion to those going through the grieving process.
Andi Pearson
I highly recommend this book when someone you are close to passes away. The book is less than 90 pages and easy to read. The book helped me to understand the process of grief and what feelings and emotions were healthy and okay.
Linda
This is a great little book that is good to give someone who is grieving. It is easy to read and covers all the basics. H. Norman Wright always has some helpful things to say.
Mary
Great book for those experiencing grief. It was difficult at times to read due to the emotion, but helped a lot.
Mary L
Mar 23, 2012 Mary L added it
I highly recommend it for those going through the grieving process.
Joanne Chantelau
Had some really good take-aways for me.
Spencer
You should carry a stack of these in your car/pocket to hand out to everyone in pain. Amazing and easy to read.
Judy
Judy is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2015
Brian Conner
Brian Conner marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
acr52165
acr52165 marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Bookworm
Bookworm is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
Paddick Van
Paddick Van marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
Dec 15, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Marisol Feliberty
Marisol Feliberty marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Rajeswari
Rajeswari marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Miriam Zehaie
Miriam Zehaie marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen: From Toddlers to Teenagers: Connecting with Your Children at Every Age Before You Say "I Do" Communication: Key to Your Marriage: A Practical Guide to Creating a Happy Fulfilling Relationship Recovering from Losses in Life