Start by marking “Historic Homes of America” as Want to Read:
Historic Homes of America

Historic Homes of America

Published 1992 by Smithmark Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Historic Homes of America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Historic Homes of America

Benjamin Thomas
Nov 12, 2016 Benjamin Thomas rated it liked it
Unlike many people, I actually read the coffee-table books I have in my home. My wife and I are fans of touring historic homes and somewhere along the way we picked this one up, mostly for the pictures contained within.

The book includes a short cursory introduction to why we (at least some of us) appreciate historic homes, architecture, and so forth as well as a bit about the importance of preservation. The bulk of the book is divided into a pictorial smorgasbord of beautiful photographs of a r
Lesley Looper
I really enjoyed the photographs in this book, which showed a variety of interiors and exteriors of historic homes around the United States. There was a nice variety of homes represented, from the nationally famous (like Mount Vernon and Monticello) to regional and local homes on the National Register of Historic Places.

Several of the homes I liked in this book were Victorian, including a couple of Queen Annes and a Second Empire. I also enjoyed seeing the North Carolina homes featured (Biltmor
Kayleen
Dec 30, 2008 Kayleen rated it really liked it
This book doesn't go too in-depth on anything but it has a nice exterior and one or two interior pictures of many historic homes across the country. Nice to flip thru if you like old homes.
Eva
Eva rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2013
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Tonya Shaw
Tonya Shaw rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Robin
Robin added it
Sep 04, 2015
ilikeboox
ilikeboox marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016