Start by marking “My Outlaw” as Want to Read:
My Outlaw

My Outlaw

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  661 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Seven-year-old Keighly Barrow never forgot the night she spied a boy her own age at her grandmother's Redemption, Nevada, mansion. He was staring at her from an antique mirror in the ballroom, standing among gaudily dressed women in an old-time western saloon. Keighly could only discover that his name was Darby Elder -- and that he lived a century ago.Twenty years later, e ...more
Published May 1st 1997 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about My Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Outlaw

Love Is Never Past Tense... by Janna YeshanovaThe Ruby Brooch by Katherine Lowry LoganSecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutThe Billionaire's Bauble by Ann MontclairKeeper of My Heart by Darcy Flynn
Best ebooks
401st out of 549 books — 688 voters

More lists with this book...

Ann Keller
Apr 08, 2014 Ann Keller rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, with time traveling lovers bridging the centuries.
Massanutten Regional Library
Denise, Main patron, July 2015, 4 stars:

I didn't like this book as much as I do most of her books, but it is still a good read. It is about a woman, Keighly Barrow, that inherits her grandmother's old mansion in Redemption, Nevada and goes back to see it. It is rundown and in need of repair and her fiance, Dr. Julian Drury, a very successful surgeon, wants her to sell it, give it to a charity or whatever and come back to L.A. where he is. The mansion was a part of a very complicated and involved
Carolyn F.
Jun 12, 2010 Carolyn F. rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. Time travel from the 1990s to the 1870s. Keighly had met Darby through a mirror when she was 7 years old and somehow they get together, lose each other, come back together. Loved it. Cried, smiled. Very sweet book. Would recommend this book.
Emily S.
Jul 25, 2013 Emily S. rated it really liked it
I've never really been one for westerns, but holy cow...I'd take a cowboy like Darby Elder any day!
Kelly
Mar 20, 2014 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read time travel books, but this one intrigued me so much. I had to read it, & I'm glad I did. I fell in love with the characters, especially Darby. But what really got to me was the writing, it was spectacular. It is not often a book can move me emotionally, but this one did. Everything they felt, I felt, wanting, longing, love, despair. I love a book they draws you in and makes you forget the world around you. This one did that for me. What else can I say, it was awesome.
Kat Desi
Oct 26, 2014 Kat Desi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Phenomenal.

Keighly Barrow first met Darby Elder through the antique mirror in her grandmother's mansion. 20 years later, she's back in her grandmother's mansion. Once again facing the mirror, she saw him again - although a man now, devastating and roguish, there was no doubt it was him.

One moment they were staring at each other, the next she's passed out. When she woke up, she was in Darby's arms... in his lifetime...

I always thought that time-travel is a bit tacky even though I haven't read muc
Danielle Gerhart
Nov 30, 2015 Danielle Gerhart rated it it was amazing
This book was so good, I did not want it to end. I wish we could've found out more about other members of the book
karen
Mar 17, 2016 karen rated it it was amazing
I am really liking time travel more and more. I loved this love story and what brotherly love is really about.
Kristin
Aug 24, 2015 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Great read! One of my favorites! Linda Lael Miller has a way of getting you lost in the fantasy of her books.
Shirl
I love time travel and I loved this book. The added touch of the mirror just made this story more interesting. To see someone you can't touch from a child a fall in love with them through the growing years. Keighly and Darby had a timeless love.Finding and losing each other over the years. The surprises and twist in this story kept me turning the pages on my kindle until well after midnight. I just couldn't put it down wanting to know what happened next. Great writing, great read. A must read if ...more
Jodi
Apr 07, 2011 Jodi rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Somehow I ended up really liking this book. I always think the concept of time travel is really dumb when I see that a book includes that but I usually end up really liking the book for some reason. It seemed a little too easy for Keighly to go back and forth between the 19th and 20th centuries. Seems a little odd that it would be so easy to suddenly be without electricity or any modern day conveniences that we have and not have that be a major issue in the book. But overall it was just a fun, l ...more
Shannon
Really great book. Very fantastical and amazing.
Joyce
Aug 18, 2012 Joyce rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-ebooks
Being a lover of time-travel romance novels, The beginning of the story already captured my full attention and addiction, making me want to know the twists and turns of its end. No doubt there were certain times I expected Keighly to return to her modern time , she didn't.

Love how the story change at the latter part!
Jun 13, 2008 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, traded
Time-travel book. Heroine is able to go back and forth between present day and old-west. Hero and Heroine see eachother in a mirror as kids and occasionally after while growing up. Their fates are intertwined, but are they destined to be together or lose eachother?
Astrida
Aug 04, 2012 Astrida rated it really liked it
7 year old Keighly Barrow never forgot the night she spied a boy at her Grandmother's Nevada mansion. His name was Darby Elder and he lived a century ago. 20 years later Keighly and Darby meet through the mirror. A great time travel story.
Me123chan
Jun 12, 2012 Me123chan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The intrigue in the love between time, makes it wonderful.
When I read it first, it's kind of sweet story...
Then, it become desperate...

The story and the character are wonderful...
Just great!
Stephanie Small
Jan 13, 2013 Stephanie Small rated it it was amazing
Fell in love with characters from the beginning. Between their different world struggles and raw emotion -- you will not be able to put down.
Hands down--one of the top romances I've ever read!
Magdalene
Oct 17, 2012 Magdalene rated it really liked it
My Outlaw, story of Darby Elder and Keighly is the first time book I have read and love it so much. I am looking forward to read more of it. Linda Lael Miller is a wonderful writer.
Ann Marie
Aug 16, 2009 Ann Marie rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down. I love most ghost stories but this was exceptional. Keighy was strong, emotional, and brave. Darby was an awesome cowboy. Miller wove a great story here.
Chris Agostarola
Jun 17, 2012 Chris Agostarola rated it really liked it
Very different from any of Linda Lael Miller's books I have ever read before. Was very good, interesting, & different. Deals with time travel. A fun book to read.
C K
Oct 10, 2012 C K rated it it was amazing
This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that.
Sharon
Mar 07, 2016 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silly and sweet

I didn't know what to expect from book. It wasn't the typical LLM story. It was fun to read even if a little unbelievable.
Tanyia
Jun 19, 2014 Tanyia rated it really liked it
I found this book when I was on vaca in Palm Springs...I loved the story and the writing. If you need a good pool book, this one is perfect! ;)
L.L. Jacobs
May 25, 2013 L.L. Jacobs rated it really liked it
Even though I read this book a decade ago, the characters were memorable enough that I could tell you all about it. Such a great novel!
Christel
Apr 18, 2008 Christel rated it really liked it
Time travel, it was okay just a little hookie to me. I just have not really been able to get into these books but it was a fair story
Valerie Stebelski
Sep 15, 2013 Valerie Stebelski rated it it was amazing
This is really a good book, if u like time travel, which I do, I would give this book a 10.
Maddux
Apr 15, 2011 Maddux rated it really liked it
Well, this was yet another time travel book. It was good, though. Kinda heart-faily at times.
Mary Lizotte
Aug 11, 2009 Mary Lizotte rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Takes place in present/1800's time periods. It kept my interest for the most part.
Librarylady
May 30, 2011 Librarylady rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy time travel books. This one was fun.
Sara
Jan 15, 2011 Sara rated it liked it
This piece of fluff is surprisingly appealing.
  • A Tumble Through Time
  • Timeless Passion
  • Frontier Woman (Sisters of the Lone Star, #1)
  • The Angel & the Outlaw
  • Ain't No Angel (Second Chances, #2)
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • Once a Pirate
  • Rogue's Challenge (Challenge, #2)
  • When There is Hope
  • Desperado
  • To Find You Again
  • Haunting Love Stories (Draycott Abbey #.4)
  • Aching for Always
  • Beneath The Texas Sky
  • Summer Breeze
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e ...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...