Start by marking “The Renegade's Woman” as Want to Read:
The Renegade's Woman

The Renegade's Woman

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  318 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Sally Hewitt climbed into a covered wagon and headed West for a new life, praying she wouldn't run into hostile Indians along the way. Imagine her surprise when she found she quite liked being captured by the handsome Arapaho renegade, Standing Bear.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published November 12th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Renegade's Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Renegade's Woman

SheLove2Read
Apr 15, 2012 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Everyone at some point reads a book that is mind bogglingly awesome. THIS ISN'T IT.
In fact, this is mind bogglingly bad. Truly entertaining only in that it made me laugh - during the love scenes - which I'm sure the author didn't intend.

Sally is a young, virginal woman who is traveling on the wagon train west for a better life. Along the way she encounters the spectacularly arrogant Arapaho hero. He sees her bathing naked and decides he wants her, so he approaches. Sally is repulsed by him yet
Paula
Dec 07, 2012 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really don't understand why this book hasn't gotten better reviews. I found it Sexy, titillating, the idea for that century was taboo which made the story exciting. The hero was handsome and Alpha. What's not to like? I liked it a lot.

I decided to re-read this book because I remember really enjoying it but couldn't remember why.

I'll have to say I'm glad I read it again. I think it is one of the better forbidden love historical erotic romance novellas (that's a mouthful) I've read. We start wit
Gina (bibliobuff)
Jul 03, 2012 Gina (bibliobuff) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good Native American story, and this was one of the better ones I've read. As is normal for a novella, the relationship developed a little too quickly to believe, but it was sweet nonetheless. Oh, and Black wrote one scene that made very...um...creative use of what nature has to offer. Pretty darn hot!
Nina Bruhns
Jul 11, 2010 Nina Bruhns rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She was looking for a new life, but passion overtook her...

Sally Hewitt climbed into a covered wagon and headed West for a new life, praying she wouldn't run into any hostile Indians along the way. She'd heard what happened to innocent female victims at their hands... Imagine her surprise when she found she quite liked being captured by the handsome Arapaho renegade, Standing Bear. His talented hands were anything but savage or cruel, instead teaching her forbidden pleasures, coaxing reactions
Cynthia Woolf
Mar 22, 2012 Cynthia Woolf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book. A lot of the erotic stories I read don't have much of a plot and the sex is insert rod A into slot B. Boring. Nikita's descriptions and love scenes were some of the hottest I've read. I'm reading Cajun Hot right now and so far I'm loving it. I think I found a great new author to me.
Lorraine Lesar
May 28, 2012 Lorraine Lesar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is not for the feint hearted, it is explicit and only for the over 18's market. Basically, it is a love story between a native red american and a white woman - taboo love. The book is HOT, HOT, HOT so be warned. It is very short and I enjoyed it and will look into more books by this author (Nikita Black).
A.R. Von
Jan 30, 2013 A.R. Von rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Nikita Black and I have to say it's one of the best books I've ever read. Such detail, skill and talent went into this book. I was effortlessly able to visualize it all & it left me wanting for much more. I plan to read many more of here works.
Leisa Prater
Oct 26, 2012 Leisa Prater rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hot sexy Indian takes a white woman as his captive....did I say sexy Indian....seems she takes him captive too....Loved this short story..
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
5 stars for creativity in using nature as toys.. Would love to try some of these out :)

This is a short read but ohhh so worth it.
Karen Nichols
Feb 07, 2012 Karen Nichols rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good, sexy read involving two completely different people who never noticed the differences. Amazing what love can do to you.
Angie
Sep 04, 2011 Angie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-f-m
I kept reading in the hope that this book would pick up, half way through I realised that it was probably not going to.
University of Chicago Magazine
Nikita Black, née Nina Bruhns, AM'84
Author

From the author: "Sally Hewitt climbed into a covered wagon and headed West for a new life, praying she wouldn't run into hostile Indians along the way. She'd heard what happened to innocent female victims at their hands... But the handsome Arapaho renegade Standing Bear was anything but savage or cruel, instead he taught her forbidden pleasures, coaxing reactions from her body and her heart she never dreamed possible."
Adriana
The Renegade’s Woman by Nikita Black

A bit rushed but a good story never the less and erotic too. Ms. Black delivers again in her stories. Standing Bear is an Arapaho Indian who sees and eventually falls for Sally whom he calls Pale as Moonlight.

This is a historical romance in that the words flow in an old fashion cadence…
“You are hungry for me, Pale As Moonlight. I am pleased.” He dragged his cheek across her temple. His tongue crept out and flicked over her ear. “Teach me this kissing.”

But make
Kathleen Downey
Jan 21, 2016 Kathleen Downey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful read

I really enjoyed this book. Will have to read more of them. Well written and enjoyed the storyline. The main characters were good too. Enjoyed.
Deborah
Apr 14, 2014 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always did prefer Indians over cowboys. There is something about a dark-haired man in a loincloth that calls to me. Oh yeah! Great little hot snack!
Rachel
Apr 18, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short fast pace story. I really enjoy it!! Is a bout a girl that falls in love with a native american guy!! Very well written!!
Lorena
Words: 25,050 (SmashWords)
Reading 101
Aug 31, 2015 Reading 101 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sexy.
Denise Koopman
Loved, Loved, Loved this book. I love books that has to do with Indians. Wanted so much more but what I di get it was great.
Dec 16, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is more of a short story. A little cheesy but sweet. Quick, easy, read in an afternoon.
Petula
4**** An erotic western romance. A good story line but a short story. It was fun
Susan (the other Susan)
Hero is too rapey and heroine is a twit.
Caroline
Mar 24, 2013 Caroline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
A quick fun read which is enjoyable.
Jill
Very satisfying raunchy read.
Christine
May 27, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book is sweet.
Melissa Burriss
Melissa Burriss rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Sandi
Sandi rated it did not like it
May 16, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Prisilla
Prisilla marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
  • Breed True (Eclipse Heat, #7)
  • Warrior's Heart
  • Stranded
  • Black Horse
  • Prairie Embrace
  • Promises Prevail (Promises, #3)
  • Cherokee Storm
  • Too Tough to Tame (Tough Man, #1)
  • Lawless (Untamed, #2)
  • Willing Submission
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Through the Fire
  • Dancing on Coals
  • Vanished
  • T'on Ma
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • The Reddington Scandal
  • Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)