Start by marking “Tell Me Something” as Want to Read:
Tell Me Something

Tell Me Something

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  937 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Elizabeth has wanted two things her entire life to keep her happy and fulfilled – an Italian husband and lots of rosy-cheeked bambini. The first is ticked off, now she’s bagged dark and sexy Roberto, the second is proving harder to achieve.

But when Roberto loses his job and decides to leave London for romantic Italy and the family business, Elizabeth hopes the change in li
Published March 24th 2009 by Penguin UK (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me Something, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me Something

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie KinsellaTwenties Girl by Sophie KinsellaRemember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
Have You Read This Chick-lit?
278th out of 852 books — 875 voters
Hunting Lila by Sarah AldersonThe Dark Divine by Bree DespainThe Lost Saint by Bree DespainAlong for the Ride by Sarah DessenAlice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
Legs!
146th out of 155 books — 118 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
Jun 05, 2011 Anne rated it liked it
'Tell Me Something' is the perfect beach read. Laying by the pool, under a clear blue sky, sipping on a long cold drink is the best way to enjoy this story.
At the start of the story Elizabeth appears to be just another shallow, glamourous, high flyer. From the age of fifteen when she went to Italy on holiday she has made it her goal in life to marry an Italian and have a brood of beautiful babies. She found her Italian in Roberto and they have been married for years now, he's succesful, she's a
Goddess Of Blah
Nov 01, 2010 Goddess Of Blah rated it it was amazing
For a chick lit read - this book is brilliant. It has a few errors, particularly Italian dialogue etc but if you're looking for chick lit (but not mushy or silly) than this book is for you. Its not a typical chick lit either so don't worry.

The one thing I liked about this book is that the characters aren't usually what you would expect a a hero and heroine to be. The book starts off as though it will be a Mills & Boon with a rather pathetic and silly blonde heroine who is swept off her feet
MissNYix
Jan 24, 2016 MissNYix rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was an okay book, as i didn't think much of the storyline. It's a typical woman who I first thought she was desperately trying to have a baby in order to save her marriage, which it ended proving me wrong. As for the first few chapters, they were disappointing as I expect more communication among characters but instead it was written in a first person.

I didn't like the storyline much as it doesn't seem to be going anywhere accept for her life in Italy and household problems. It was clear ri
Emily Bates
Nov 09, 2009 Emily Bates rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I haven't read an Adele Parks book for years, and this one just happened to be in a hotel library when I'd read all my books I'd taken with me on hols. It re-introduced me to her, didn't feel it was cliched and stereo-typical as some other reviewers have suggested. Chick-lit by it's very nature is escapism and fantasy romance, and this book does exactly what it says on the tin.
Bev Taylor
Jun 30, 2014 Bev Taylor rated it really liked it
elizabeth knows what she wants - an italian husband and bambinos -- lads of them

the first she achieves but the second ......

six years later and nothing

they have tried everything from latest on the internet, all medical checks but not ivf. strangely adoption has never been mentioned

then roberto suggests moving back to his home in italy where they have a wine business. elizabeth agrees but the wine business is not a vineyard but a bar - run down and with mother-in-law from hell to contend with
MissNYix
Jan 26, 2016 MissNYix rated it it was ok
Best Crime Books & More
Nov 03, 2015 Best Crime Books & More rated it really liked it
Have read a couple of Adele Park books and quite enjoyed them. This book tells the story of Elizabeth who has one aspiration only, and that is to marry an Italian and have lots of babies. She finds Roberto the italian husband and they up sticks and move to Robertos home town in Italy to run the family business. Along the way, amoungst falling out with the in-laws, falling in love with Italy, trying for a baby and keeping her marriage together, she meets Chuck, an all american guy. He throws her ...more
Glynis
Jul 08, 2012 Glynis rated it really liked it
My first Adele Parks and I loved it. Funny, sad but a good read even with the one typo error I spotted it is bored not board! A combination of Marian Keyes and Emily Barr.
Ericakwek
Oct 23, 2010 Ericakwek rated it really liked it
A good romantic novel. Never expect the ending will be like this but it's good. It's show that romantic won't stay forever.
Kelly Simpson
Feb 26, 2011 Kelly Simpson rated it it was amazing
Really good book, throughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Adele Parks is one of my fav authors.
Haylee
Sep 01, 2011 Haylee rated it it was amazing
a great read and could not put the book down. read it.
Samantha
May 16, 2009 Samantha rated it really liked it
This was a real page turner. A good read for all.
Yasmin Rofidi
Jan 24, 2013 Yasmin Rofidi rated it liked it
Pretty good, liked it!
Blodeuedd Finland
I really should write a review at once, I only read this last weekend, and things are already slipping. But hey it's the weekend so this can be a short review.

Elizabeth is obsessed with a big O. All she thinks about is babies, babies and babies, and babies with her wonderful Italian Husband. Because that is her other obsession, Italians. She loves the country and has only dated Italians all her life. How she managed that I do not know. Anyway 6 years into the marriage and no babies, and every ti
Taghrid
Sep 25, 2011 Taghrid rated it liked it
From a very young age and after a family trip to Italy, Elizabeth decided that she wants 2 things in life: an Italian husband and lots of babies. She manages to fulfill her first dream and ends up marrying Roberto an Italian man however after many years of trying to conceive, she still has no babies.
After Roberto loses his job, they are forced to leave London and move to Italy to help in running the family business. Elizabeth couldn’t be happier and she believes that Italy will be the place whe
Rea Sinfield
May 30, 2011 Rea Sinfield rated it liked it
I have often seen books by Adele Park on the shelves whilst browsing for a new read but they never seem to jump out at me so I had never bothered to pick one up. Recently since reading reviews on Dooyoo about Adele Park books I have noticed the majority of the reviews are all very positive so I thought it was about time to give Adele a chance.
There were only two of her books in the Library so I decided to try Tell Me Something.

The cover didn't give much away, dark grey fading into white with a
Roxy
Feb 27, 2013 Roxy rated it it was ok
Suzy Baba
Feb 12, 2016 Suzy Baba rated it it was amazing
This is the first book for this author that I have read and I have to say that I am highly impressed with her writing from begging to end. The story is captivating and refreshing at the same time as it is intriguing. How the story of Haylee and Josh began to where the story ended will captivate even the coldest of hearts. Loved their story.
Francessca
Jul 21, 2014 Francessca rated it it was ok
For the largest part of this book I wasn't sure if I even liked the main character Elizabeth; I found she was too unrealistic and flighty and her prejudice and naivety grated on my nerves even though parts of her touched on a few romantic notions I have myself... Mainly her lack of ambition to be anything but a mother.
I eventually came around as her character was brought back down to earth but by this time most of the story had played out.
All that being said I still found it an easy enjoyable re
Lisa McManus
Aug 19, 2015 Lisa McManus rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of Adele Park and this book proved to be another favorite of hers. The writing and dialogue flows nice, the character understandable and funny, and the story smooth. LOVED IT!
Mrs Mac McKenzie
Dec 20, 2015 Mrs Mac McKenzie rated it really liked it
A fun easy read that kept me up at night. A somewhat predictable chick lit with an enjoyable first person narration & a nice ending. Great for the holidays or for a break.
Jane Hodgkinson
Apr 15, 2015 Jane Hodgkinson rated it liked it
Nicolette
Tell me Something
By Adele Parks
(Penguin)

ELIZABETH, a die-hard romantic, has only ever dreamed of an Italian husband and lots of “rosy-cheeked babies”. When she meets Roberto, it’s not long before she’s walking down the aisle. But back in Italy life is not about lazing in the sun. She has to contend with a scheming mother-in-law and Roberto’s beautiful ex. When Elizabeth meets the charming American, Chuck, she starts to wonder if she wasn’t a bit hasty in marrying Roberto. Adele Parks’ writing is
Heather Nicholson
Apr 19, 2016 Heather Nicholson rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book, couldn't put it down. Adele always has you at the edge of your seat and always throws in a game changer plot twist at the end!
Isabelle Andover
Aug 16, 2015 Isabelle Andover rated it it was amazing
I loved this. The storyline, the characters, the setting. Parks write so well about Italy, and I think this is one of her best books that I've read. I actually felt bereft when I'd finished reading the book.
Liz
Jan 27, 2015 Liz rated it really liked it
My first Adele Parks book and I really enjoyed it. I totally believed in all the characters and there were some very poignant moments.

The title and front cover image of the paperback seem to bear no relevance to the novel itself!
Nicholas
Oct 04, 2014 Nicholas rated it liked it
Pretty good book. I really enjoyed it. Was a quick and captivating read from beginning to end.
Kate
Mar 07, 2009 Kate rated it it was ok
Shelves: chicklit
I was very disappointed with this, which keeps happening when I read Parks' latest books. It was very cliched, stereotypical Italian and mother-in-law (which she obviously realised then tried to explain away by getting the main character to have numerous conversations about her stereotyping). I didn't like the main character, Parks did not tie up any of the main threads of the book, and the ending was entirely predictable from about page 10. Formulaic, get the impression she is just churning the ...more
Jodi Wray
Mar 07, 2016 Jodi Wray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best fictions I have ever read, a great read from Adele Parks!!!!
Tanja Rosenly
Nov 21, 2012 Tanja Rosenly rated it liked it
Adele Parks Fans: Tell Me Something 1 1 Feb 27, 2015 01:43AM
  • Heiresses
  • A Crowded Marriage
  • The Last To Know
  • If I Were You
  • Country Pursuits (Churchminster #1)
  • Someone Special
  • Forget me not
  • Glitz
  • Fen
  • Four Play (Lodes Chronicles, #3)
  • Pants On Fire
  • Instructions for Bringing Up Scarlett
  • Pandora
  • Past Secrets
  • Got You Back
  • It's the Little Things
  • The One That Got Away (Hen Night Prophecies #1)
  • Fast Friends
Adele Parks was born in Teesside, NE England. She studied English Language and Literature, at Leicester University. She published her first novel, Playing Away, in 2000; that year the Evening Standard identified Adele as one of London’s ‘Twenty Faces to Watch.’ Indeed Playing Away was the debut bestseller of 2000.
Prolific, Adele has published nine novels in nine years, including Game Over, Tell Me
More about Adele Parks...