Start by marking “Someday My Prince (Princess, #2)” as Want to Read:
Someday My Prince (Princess, #2)

Someday My Prince (Princess #2)

The Princess Must Marry

Princess Laurentia leads a fairy-tale life, attending glittering balls and wearing beautiful gowns. But after the ball is over, Laurentia finds herself getting into bed...alone. She dutifully agrees to choose a husband, but when she casts her eyes over her sea of suitors, she doesn't see a single man worthy enough to claim her.

But Who Will She Choose
Published July 1st 1999 by Avon (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Someday My Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someday My Prince

The Golden Dynasty by Kristen AshleyWildest Dreams by Kristen AshleySuddenly Royal by Nichole ChaseThe Prince's Match by Lily J. SantDark Lover by J.R. Ward
Royalty In Romance
92nd out of 310 books — 455 voters
Calm Before The Storm by N.J. KuhrPrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgeThe Princess and Her Pirate by Lois GreimanThe Princess of Celle by Jean PlaidyThe Princess and the Peer by Tracy Anne Warren
Castle: Princesses in Historical Romance
14th out of 21 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Christie P.
May 08, 2015 Christie P. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, Historical
Laurentia is a princess who is supposed to be deciding on a husband, but she found herself hiding from everyone on a balcony. There is a logical path for her life to take but she isn't sure if that path is going to make her happy. Then she's rescued from a kidnapping by Dominick and her world flips all around.

She's extremely attracted to Dominick. But he doesn't seem to be interested in anything other than honoring her father's wishes to be her bodyguard.

Dominick has a hidden agenda. He is the o
Mandy
Dec 31, 2013 Mandy rated it did not like it
Dominic is the hero in this book. Right, Dominic. The hero of this book is a thief and rapist. I don’t care how many trials, tribulations, and losses he went through to get to where he is in this book. He still tried to rape his brother’s fiancée. Losing his men in battle does not absolve him of his past actions. Oh, you’ve had a rough time and said you’re sorry. Well, sure, here. Hold my newborn daughter. Um. No.
Tasha
Jun 05, 2009 Tasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
This is the book that really hooked me on Christina Dodd. Love the hero. :)
Keira
May 20, 2011 Keira rated it really liked it
Awesome. Enjoyed greatly. Hard not to like it really. lol
Kate
May 05, 2015 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a strong heroine, and enjoyed the story, especially knowing what was going on with the hero. It had a very abrupt ending, though, and the conversion to kindle is not the best; there were multiple occasions where spaces were missing and the wrong word was (probably automatically) substituted.
Kimber Burnett
Nov 03, 2014 Kimber Burnett rated it liked it
The only reason I chose to read this book is because it was the only book in my house that I had not read!! It was in a bag of books someone loaned me. I said I wasn't going to read it, but...once I started it, I didn't want to put it down!
Vashti
Jun 24, 2011 Vashti rated it it was ok
This book was ok. Nothing outstanding and a quick read. I must say it was much better than the first book "Runaway Princess" The heroine Princess Laurentia was not a total idiot as the heroine in the first book. Princess Laurentia was likeable. She had a naivity that was believable. I did find it hard to adjust to Dominic being somewhat of a good guy after he was such an a-hole in the first book, now he is the hero. Anyway, if you havent read the 1st book Dominic is a likeable guy, but I always ...more
Debbi Purkall
Aug 11, 2015 Debbi Purkall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

I couldn't get enough and now it's over....... I want more!!! Will there be more to this series??? Please tell me there will be
Christine Anna  Kirchoff
Oct 25, 2015 Christine Anna Kirchoff rated it it was amazing
This is the first series I read. It will always be one of my favorites!
Stacie
Oct 25, 2011 Stacie rated it it was ok
Historical romance about Princess Laurentia who is used to being spoiled and pampered. She has to find a suitable groom and sets her eye on Prince Dominic. He is a black sheep in his family and is hired to protect her. He is after her family fortune but soon comes to want to protect and have the princess for himself and ends up doing the right thing by her.
Connie
Feb 01, 2013 Connie rated it did not like it
Oh, man! What can I say? There just wasn't any cohesion to the story, and I'm trying to think of a reason why Ms. Dodd would want write the second story in such a fashion? I can't review without spoiling it, but I was truly disappointed with this book. Too bad she couldn't write one more to redeem herself from this storyline. :(
Anne Barnett
Feb 02, 2014 Anne Barnett rated it liked it
I typically get done with a Christina Dodd book quickly, this one did not do a great job of capturing me quickly. I can't quite put my finger on what was off about this book. I won't say that it was a waste of time but I will say that it's not Dodd's best work.
Quinn
Sep 28, 2011 Quinn rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
It was an okay story. I didn't quite care for Dom, but I was cool with Laurentia. I'm not into politics and war in my romance novels, so that was a disappointment to me.

When it comes to this book- *shrug*. It was fine. Just fine.
Diana
Feb 16, 2008 Diana rated it liked it
Prince Dominic has been hired to seduce state secrets from feisty Princess Laurentia, but finds himself falling for her.

Very realistic romance with admirable heroine. Dominic's betrayal is uncomfortable, and the ending is abrupt.
Kerry
Dec 02, 2012 Kerry rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, romance, 6, 2006
Someday My Prince by Christina Dodd (6/10)
Romance. Follow up to The Runaway Princess. Again, okay light reading, but nothing special.

[Copied across from Library Thing; 3 December 2012]
Kerra
Jul 27, 2011 Kerra added it
A very good sequel

In the 1st book, dominic was such a bad character. I love how he plays the good guy! I also love the character evolution with Brat!
Brianna
Oct 24, 2010 Brianna rated it it was ok
it was okay. i really didn't like this one for some odd reason. maybe because Dom was such a bad guy in the first one, but i guess everyone deserves a chance to change.
Frances
Jul 01, 2011 Frances rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I cannot shelf this one. I do not have one that will fit stupidity with any other trait, and yet, not quite dumb enough to be on that particular shelf.
Kathi Sharp
Oct 24, 2010 Kathi Sharp rated it really liked it
She wondered how hard she'd have to hit him with the shovel before he went down. "Cajole me?"
Love the humor.
Sonja
Feb 18, 2009 Sonja rated it liked it
Good plot! The writing wasn't the best I've read, but the plot moved along well and it was an enjoyable read.
Jennifer70
Apr 15, 2011 Jennifer70 rated it did not like it
Normally really like CD, however I thought this book was horrible. Thought thed writing was not up to par.
Chasidy
Apr 28, 2009 Chasidy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Enjoyable though not one of my most favorable readings by this author.
Pam
Jan 11, 2012 Pam rated it liked it
I enjoyed it, just not as much as Christina's other books.
Huma Rashid
Apr 09, 2012 Huma Rashid rated it liked it
It had its moments.
Lacey
Mar 20, 2013 Lacey rated it did not like it
Dragged on way too much.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it it was ok
Victorian
Pamela
Feb 13, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it
Rated 3.5
Maeghan Chapin
Maeghan Chapin marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
binky
binky added it
Sep 17, 2016
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
  • Beyond a Wicked Kiss (Compass Club, #4)
  • The Ruthless Charmer (Rogues of Regent Street, # 2)
  • Fallen
  • The Wife Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #2)
  • Royal's Bride (Bride's Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady Rogue
  • Some Like It Wicked (Kincaid Highland, #1)
  • The Perfect Gift (Draycott Abbey, #7)
  • Lord of Falcon Ridge (Viking, #4)
  • The Sinner (Seducers #4)
  • One Night With a Rogue
  • After the Kiss (Captive Hearts,#2)
  • What Price Love? (Cynster, #13)
  • The Elusive Flame
  • One Moonlit Night
-- New! BECAUSE I'M WATCHING: Virtue Falls Full-length Suspense #3 (#1 Amazon Romance of September, Kirkus starred review, Library Journal starred review, Booklist starred review, RT Book Reviews Top Pick.)
— Upcoming! Oct. 18, A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT: Stories of Virtue Falls, , a compilation of the previously published Virtue Falls short stories with new e
More about Christina Dodd...

Princess (2 books)
  • The Runaway Princess (Princess #1)