Start by marking “Conrad's Heart of Darkness & The Secret Sharer (Cliffs Notes)” as Want to Read:
Conrad's Heart of Darkness & The Secret Sharer (Cliffs Notes)
Preview

Conrad's Heart of Darkness & The Secret Sharer (Cliffs Notes)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.In CliffsNotes on The Heart of Darkness & The Secret Sharer, you come to understand how each ...more
Published June 5th 2000 by Cliffs Notes

To ask other readers questions about Conrad's Heart of Darkness & The Secret Sharer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conrad's Heart of Darkness & The Secret Sharer

Richard
Very useful while reading both stories. But sometimes I really have trouble swallowing this symbolic stuff. I mean (paraphrasing some stuff on The Secret Sharer):
Leggatt's hair is black and came out of the water. And the scorpion died in black ink. So the scorpion represents Leggatt and tells us that Leggatt is violent and nasty, just like the scorpion.
Yeah, right. Some of the other stuff I can believe, but how much of this is what the author really intended, and how much is the critic/analyst s
Andrea
VERY useful for side by side reading of the novella - I would highly recommend this for the first reading of HOD. This was not my 1st reaidng though, and I felt a bit frustrated at times at the scantiness of this resource.
Sridatta
Definitely need this
iris Smyles
I love Conrad.
Riley Strong
Riley Strong marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Deeshan Paul
Deeshan Paul marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Rèd-öNe BeLla
Rèd-öNe BeLla marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Olivia Alice
Olivia Alice marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Devkrit Vasisht
Devkrit Vasisht marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Holle
Holle marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Sissi C.
Sissi C. marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Han
Han marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Jonathan Moran
Jonathan Moran marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Animal Farm Wars of National Liberation The Once and Future King The Skeleton Lord's Key CliffsNotes on Orwell's Animal Farm (Cliffsnotes Literature Guides)