Start by marking “The Trouble with Magic (Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Magic (Magic, #3)
Preview

The Trouble with Magic (Magic #3)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  286 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Here national bestselling author Patricia Rice delivers another sweeping tale of between an irresistibly magical Malcolm woman and a charmingly logical St. Ives man.

Felicity Malcolm Childe's gift for experiencing visions through touch has always felt more like a curse than a blessing. To deflect the more agonizing images generated by her suitors, she covers herself from he
Mass Market Paperback, 364 pages
Published August 5th 2003 by Signet (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Magic

Soulless by Gail CarrigerOutlander by Diana GabaldonDragonfly in Amber by Diana GabaldonVoyager by Diana GabaldonChangeless by Gail Carriger
Historical Paranormal Romance
100th out of 367 books — 363 voters
The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer AshleyTempt Me at Twilight by Lisa KleypasWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa JamesIt Happened One Autumn by Lisa KleypasLove Kinection by Jennifer  James
Brainy/Genius Romantic Heroes
87th out of 250 books — 295 voters

More lists with this book...

Mikaela
I bought all of Patricia Rice Magic Novels when she selfpublished them, before she sold them to Sourcebook. Except... this book, some how, went missing. So, when it was re-issued by Sourcebooks I knew I had to buy it again.

And I am glad I did.

I enjoyed reading about Ewen and Felicity's romance. I liked Ewen's chivalry, and his attempt to protect Felicity from the visions. Even when he made mistakes, he acted for Felicity's welfare. And my heart melted as he struggled between doing what he must,
Anabella
Hermoso!!! verdaderamente hermosa la historia entre Ewen Ives y Felicity Malcolm; él súper romántico, todo un caballero y ella ni se diga, inocencia pura; es una historia que te roba el corazón, no puedes dejar de leerla y que te emociona demasiado habiendo leído las 2 anteriores y habiéndote familiarizado con todos los personajes.

Hasta ahorita The Trouble with Magic es mi favorito de la serie mágica, lo disfruté mucho más que "Must be magic", con más magia, romanticismo y mucho amor; definitiva
Kathy Martin
This was a very nice historical paranormal romance. Lady Felicity can read other people's emotions when she touches them or something they own. This is very difficult for her and makes it impossible for her to touch anyone or anything. She is determined to find an old book written by one of her ancestors which is supposed to have a cure for her gift. The only thing she knows for sure it that the book was sold to a collector in Scotland over one hundred years ago. She is determined to find it.

She
Cruth
Author: Patricia Rice
First published: 2003
Length: 364 pages
Setting: Edinburgh and environs, 1754. (Georgian)
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent (really just the once)
Hero: inventor heading to bankruptcy/debtors prison
Heroine: daughter of the Marquess of Hampton. "Senses" strong emotions and thoughts in people and objects, almost telepathy.
Includes: excerpt from Carolina Girl, a contemporary romance from Patricia Rice.

I really thought I would enjoy it but I found The Trouble With Magic slow and annoying. T
Ellen Blend
An entertaining and talented writer.
siriusedward
could not complete it.first of all i hate the wide eyes harmless not able to do anything for herself , naive, innocent..no spirit, no backbone..no nothing..no chemistry between hero and heroine either...he treats her like a child..does not see his faults..not ready to do anything for herslf..god i really hated her...
and the hero..is precisely the sort i don't much like ..adores each women for her own..so..what big deal will there be about the heroine..god knows he looks like he will stray..if i
Dawn Moon
Great Read

As always, Patricia Rice writes with awesome characters. For all the Romance lovers out there - this is a keeper and it won't disappoint.
Book in series
Felicity has the ability to read emotions simply by touching people Ewen likes to build and tinker. They meet and sparks fly.
Yet another in the Magic series
Jess
Oct 08, 2014 Jess added it
Shelves: fantasy, magic
Missing
Alyn
Only two stars from me even though there is nothing wrong with this book. The characters were all good and the story flows smoothly. It is a well written book. The problem is me. I prefer more conflict between the male and female lead and a little bit more spunk from the female lead too.

This book is still a good read but I can't say that I like it enough to give it three stars.
Cris
A decent fantasy/romance combination. The fantasy element is a pseudo-magical ability that our heroine possess that provides the conflict between hero and heroine and drives the heroine's side of the plot.

Even though it's not the first in the series, it stands alone pretty well.
Katie
Love love love! This is by far one of my favorite rice books and definitely the best from the magic series.
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
breezlin
breezlin marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Melissa Betterly-Sherman
Melissa Betterly-Sherman marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Sheryl Stump
Sheryl Stump marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
  • Sailor Moon Box Set 2 (Vol. 7-12)
  • Blood Lines: Kallen's Tale (Witch Fairy, #3.5)
  • If He's Dangerous (Wherlocke #4)
  • A Kiss of Fate (Guardians, #1)
  • Bite Me, Your Grace (Scandals with Bite, #1)
  • Never Been Bit (Regency Vampyre Trilogy, #3)
  • Honor Bound (The Witchblade Chronicles #1)
  • Once Upon a Kiss (Book Club Belles Society, #1)
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3)
  • The Witch and the Warrior (Warriors, #2)
  • The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife (Boscastle, #9)
  • Seduced By Your Spell (Witches of Mayfair, #2)
  • Borrowed Dreams (Scottish Dreams, #1)
  • Whisper His Name (Men from Special Branch #1)
  • Kindred Rites (Night Calls #2)
  • Midnight Secrets
  • What Ho, Automaton!
With several million books in print and New York Times and USA Today's bestseller lists under her belt, former CPA Patricia Rice writes emotionally-charged contemporary and historical romances which have won numerous awards, including the RT Book Reviews Reviewers Choice and Career Achievement Awards.

Her books have also been honored as Romance Writers of America RITA finalists in the historical, r
More about Patricia Rice...

Magic (6 books)
  • Merely Magic (Magic, #1)
  • Must Be Magic (Magic, #2)
  • This Magic Moment (Magic, #4)
  • Much Ado About Magic
  • Magic Man (Magic, #6)
The Wicked Wyckerly (Rebellious Sons, #1) Texas Lily Merely Magic (Magic, #1) Much Ado About Magic Must Be Magic (Magic, #2)