Start by marking “The Duchess, Her Maid, The Groom & Their Lover” as Want to Read:
The Duchess, Her Maid, The Groom & Their Lover

The Duchess, Her Maid, The Groom & Their Lover

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Wretched be the woman of wealth and fortune who fails to produce a suitable heir....

And wretched is what Duchess Camille feels living with the cruel and debauched duke. But that soon turns to desperation when she learns her lecherous husband is plotting to have her killed to make way for a more nubile and fertile companion. Knowing she cannot sit idly by and wait for death
Trade Paperback, 384 pages
Published December 2008 by Spice

To ask other readers questions about The Duchess, Her Maid, The Groom & Their Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duchess, Her Maid, The Groom & Their Lover

Saskia Walker
Victoria Janssen's novel, THE DUCHESS, HER MAID, THE GROOM, AND THEIR LOVER, is an unusual read. This one doesn’t fit easily into genre classification, which will be problematic for some readers. To my mind the novel is closer to a comedy of manners than anything else. It satirises the society it is set in, as well as our own society and our genre expectations. It is erotic, but with a literary edge. It is also a historical fantasy, but the fantasy angle is not immediately apparent. The story al ...more
Karla
Dec 12, 2011 Karla marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Not sure where Harlequin gets its audiobook talent, but they should start looking elsewhere. The narrator had a totally inept variety of voices and sounded like Kate Winslet (really eerily similar) rushing through the text to get to a more important gig somewhere else. If I come across it in text form, then I might give it another go.
Kelli
I feel utterly depressed that I even bothered wasting the time to read this.... I stupidly thought it sounded like a bit of fun, but ended up losing hours I will never get back for a story I kept tutting and frowning at, having to force myself to carry on or pick it back up.
The characters were flat ( they had tohe potential for sooo much more ) the heroine was.... well I didn't like her, the hero was half her age, something that could have been interesting, but sadly wasnt. The story had no dept
Jean
This book was just ok for the first 3/4, but then I thought it really picked up in the last 1/4. It had lots of steamy sex scenes, with all sorts of couples and situations, but the characters didn't really sink in for me until the last part of the book. That being said, it was still very enjoyable. (I'd give it 3.5 stars if I could)
comfort
My goodness, not only all of the above characters "doin it" but a plethora of assorted side characters getting rogered, almost non-stop.

It was the title that attracted me, it is an OK story with lots of f*****.
Camille is married to an awful Duke. She is in her 40's and has not gotten pregnant yet to supply the heir. She takes to her bed the Groomsman as his colouring resembles the Dukes and she hopefully can ghet pregnant by him. He of course falls head over heels for her.

Her Maid is a "right go
Maleka
There was definitely some fun scenes in the book, but there were definitely some parts that dragged slowly.
Lisa -*-Strawberry Cow Book Cafe-*-
"I could eat them like apples."
Cferjani
(blank)
m.allen
The first half of this book was ALL sex. I'm not complaining...I'm just saying! Then once we got to the second half it was almost all plot. I think the author could have figured out a way to mix them a little better. Overall it was a good, quick, spicy read but after a while I wanted to read something other than just sex.
Stefanie
This was a great read. The storyline kept you right in. Didn't want to put the book down. But had to :-) The end was a little slow but overall a very good fast read. Hopefully I can get more of this authors books at the library.
Lesley
Jul 24, 2011 Lesley added it
Not a genre (erotic romance) that I normally read, but I found this very enjoyable - well-worked out setting, interesting characters, and subverting what I have always supposed to be the usual romance tropes.
Cindy
My first taste of erotic fiction. Now I know what was missing in all of those romance novels I used to read.
Elise Logan
Interesting with a twisty plot and a strong female lead. Not your ordinary romance.
Kay
This was a fun, fast read ... you'll need a fan as some of the pages are scorching!
Katherine O'Grady
Not your standard plot, interesting world, lovely HEA.
Ju
Nov 07, 2012 Ju added it
e-book
Novelero Zathy
Novelero Zathy marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Belinda Rule
Belinda Rule marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Rachel Thomas
Rachel Thomas marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Amy Medeiros
Amy Medeiros marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Amy Klima
Amy Klima marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Val Paquette
Val Paquette marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Barbara Xedos
Barbara Xedos marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Cheryl Stewart
Cheryl Stewart marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Eleanore
Eleanore is currently reading it
Feb 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Duke & the Pirate Queen The Moonlight Mistress Under Her Uniform 17 Short Films About Hades and Persephone The Duchess, Her Maid, the Groom & Their Lover